Know before you go
This area may have travel restrictions related to COVID-19.
3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, ideal for families
King bedroom on first floor has en suite full bath.
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- 50% refund (minus the service fee) if you cancel at least 30 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 30 days before check-in.
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Children allowed - Babies are included in guest total.Babies are included in guest total.
No pets - Owners have pet allergies. Strictly enforced.Owners have pet allergies. Strictly enforced.
No events - Maximum 6 overnight guests, maxmum 12 at any time.Maximum 6 overnight guests, maxmum 12 at any time.
Max guests: 6
Minimum age of primary renter: 23 - Minimum age of the guest making reservation is 23.Minimum age of the guest making reservation is 23.
- No fire allowed on premises except the grill provided, and birthday candles.
- The person making the reservation must be one of the overnight guests staying at the property; making a reservation for others is not allowed.
Beach, lobster pound and picturesque fishing harbor are within walking distance. Hiking trails, lighthouse, restaurants and shops are a five minute drive.
About Julie Sarason
We are a family of three who love the quiet side of Mt. Desert Island. We first started vacationing here when our son was one year old in 1994. The area has always been the perfect retreat.
Julie Sarason purchased this house in 2001
Why Julie Sarason chose Bernard
Every time we visited MDI the time seemed too short, and we wanted to create a real home away from home. That is what Tranquility Cottage is to us, and we have been told by many guests that it feels like home to them, too.
What makes this house unique
Tranquility Cottage balances peace and quiet with easy access to everything. The beach, dock, and lobster pound are within walking distance, while restaurants, shops, and the national park are just a short drive away.