One Bedroom Studio Villa, Directly On the Beach, Great Value, Sleeps 4.
Chris & Sarah Haggie
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 11:00 am
Minimum age of primary renter:21
Max guests:4 (sleeps up to 4 adults)
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date.
The views are great but everything not quite as described.
We really enjoyed our stay but feel there are some important items left out of the property description. This may come across as negative but it's intended purpose is to inform.
1) This property is in the middle of no where on a very rough unpaved road. Bicycling on this road is nearly impossible,
you will need a rental car, no way around it. Taxis charge you a lot to come out and get you. forget taxis if you're staying here.
2) There are no stores, restaurants, etc anywhere close and no one delivers to this location either.
3) We stayed in Tradewinds. It is not ground floor as listed which was ok for us but if you have trouble with stairs...
4) AC is ONLY in the bedroom. The bathroom is stifling hot almost 24 hrs a day. The LR/K area can be opened up as a breezeway but it's very hot/humid day and night. I can't imagine sleeping on the sofa in that heat and humidity and I'm from Alabama.
5) During our stay the beach was so covered in seaweed it was unusable. I don't know if it's like this all the time or not however this is not a beach you can casually walk down. In both directions the beach is littered with thousands upon thousands of broken conch shells. Most are mostly/partially buried so only a sharp edge or point is sticking out. Step on any of this barefoot or with light shoes on and you're in serious pain. We were only able to walk around 20 yards in either direction before hitting these fields of shells.
6) I don't know how to say this discreetly but if you are on your honeymoon, like we were, the bed is atrocious. It's on a hard tile floor and has wheels that wont lock so use your imagination on this one. Plus it's the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on. it needs to be secured to the wall and new mattresses.
Tips for staying here:
1) When you leave the airport stop at a grocery store for food and water/drinks.
2) Plan on using the public beaches at Grace Bay, there is a great place next to Seven Stars.
3) Ask your neighbors or property manager to make sure the outside lights are off at night or you can't enjoy the night sky.
4) Tell everyone where you are staying and enjoy their reaction. It's like you're staying on the moon to the locals.
I'll say again we really enjoyed our stay. The views are spectacular. The pricing was very cheap compared to other places on the island and it is nice to be in such a private location but there are some big caveats. I hope this review helps future travelers to make a more informed decision.
Very relaxing place to stay. The ocean is steps away. Staff is very friendly.
Would recommend this place.
Peace on Earth
The people were nice and the property was beautiful. It was very peaceful, with little to no disturbances, and the view of the ocean was divine. Overall, my experience was very lovely and I may return in the future.