2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a large living/dining area. Free wifi and cleaning.
Air-conditioned bedroom with 2 wide single beds
Air-conditioned double bedroom overlooking lush vegetation
The apartment is made up of 2 bedrooms which are both air-conditioned. One bedroom has a comfortable double bed (140 cm wide) and the other bedroom 2 wide comfortable single beds (each 117 cm wide ) + 1 additional low narrow pull-out bed with a foam mattress (only suitable for a young child - 60 cm wide). Please note, that once the pull-out bed is in use, there is no space to move around between the beds. Each bedroom has wardrobes and curtains with black-out linings to ensure a good nights sleep. You will be able to enjoy lovely views of tropical vegetation from both rooms. Facilities in the apartment include: a full set of cutlery, crockery, pots and pans, cooking utensils, a kettle, a toaster, a coffee machine, a hair dryer and an ironing board/iron. For your convenience, we have left in the apartment a beach parasol and 4 foldable beach chairs which you can take to the beach or use by the pool. Books, beach toys, a travel cot & a highchair are available on request
Pool / Spa
Damage and Incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 5 (sleeps up to 4 adults)
Minimum age of primary renter: 28
- Maximum of 4 adults + 1 baby in a travel cot or 1 young child. No guests allowed to visit or to stay other than those specified at the time of booking
- No barbecues allowed. No ball games allowed in the communal gardens.
- Although we do not offer refunds as such, please note that all payments made shall be applied as credit towards a future stay.
The apartment is ideally situated in the well serviced village of Pereybère, on the beautiful sheltered & unspoilt part of the island's North/North West coast.
Pereybère has kept its authenticity and is a perfect place to immerse yourself in the island's atmosphere.
From Pereybère, beautiful beaches can be walked along for many miles towards Grand-Baie or towards Cap Malheureux. Stunning, safe beaches are only 3 to 5 minutes walk from the apartment.
In addition, Péreybère has great amenities: a variety of reasonably priced restaurants offering local and also international dishes, shops, car rental companies, diving centres and excursion agencies offering various land and water activities.
There is a very well-stocked supermarket ("Winners") only 2 to 3 minutes walk from the apartment.
It's only a 5 minute taxi/bus ride to the larger resort town of Grand-Baie with its charming shopping arcades, restaurants on the water's edge and bars.
"'Le Jardin de Pamplemousses", a unique tropical botanical gardens with giant indigenous tortoises & small zoo, is about 20 minutes drive away.
"L' Aventure du Sucre", an old sugar mill converted into a stimulating museum, retracing the history of Mauritius, is also 15 to 20 minutes away.
The island's capital, Port-Louis & its exotic markets, modern shopping complex & museums, is about 40 minutes bus/taxi drive.
Other activities available in the area: snorkelling, waterskiing, quadbiking, kitesurfing, under-sea walking, deep sea fishing, glass bottom boats, boat/catamaran excursions to nearby desert islands, sea kayaking and much more.
There are luxury hotels nearby with access to their evening entertainment for a fee.
Pereybere is approximately 1 hours drive from the airport. On request, we will organise your airport taxi transfer with Nanda, our reliable English/French speaking driver. If he is not available, he will ensure a dependable airport transfer service through his contacts. The airport taxi transfer price (each way) is 1,700 Mauritian Rupees, payable to the driver.
Sandra & Mark Alix-Brown - Mobile: +447768570717
- english, french, spanish, italian, For other languages, we can use Google Translate.
About Sandra & Mark Alix-Brown - Mobile: +447768570717
First of all, a warm hello from Sandra and Mark. Thank you for your interest in this apartment. We are based in London but our hearts are in Mauritius, and especially the seaside village of Pereybere where the apartment is based. We think it's one of the most attractive spots on the island and go there whenever we can! We are delighted to share our apartment and our love of Mauritius with our guests so please do not hesitate to contact us by phone, text, WhatsApp or by email through the website for any additional information. On arrival, our lovely housekeeper, Marceline, will be delighted to welcome you, give you the keys and answer any questions you may have. She will be cleaning the apartment every day (except weekends and bank holidays). To book this apartment, please kindly follow the instructions on the website.
What makes this Apartment unique
- Unusually spacious and bright living/dining room area for a 2 bedroom apartment. - The apartment is air-conditioned throughout: the living/dining room as well as both bedrooms. - Good quality bed linen provided and beds made prior to your arrival. Towels for indoor use also provided. - The residence boasts one of the larger swimming pools on the island for a private residence. It has recently been refurbished with a chemical-free "Oxymatic" cleaning system. - Our lovely housekeeper, Marceline, who welcomes our guests on arrival and cleans the apartment 5 times a week (included in our advertised nightly price) is always delighted to prepare on demand a delicious traditional Mauritian meal for a modest fee (250 - 350 Rupees per person per meal) . She can also take care of your laundry (250 Rupees per load, washed and ironed). - The residence is on the beach side of the coastal road running through Pereybere. There are no roads to cross to walk to an array of wonderful beaches, 3 to 5 minutes walk from the apartment. - The apartment is only 2 to 3 minutes walk from a very well-stocked supermarket, with also has a bakery section. - All amenities next to the apartment: a bus stop, taxi stand, restaurants, car rental agencies, diving centers and tour agencies are between 1 to 5 minutes walk from the apartment. - If required, we can organise your airport taxi transfers through a reliable English and French speaking driver (1,700 Rupees per transfer). - During your stay, the taxi service is also available for a wide variety of bespoke half and full day excursions.