Ocean Views, Beachy, Bright, Spacious, Dream Vacation Unit! Relax by the Pool!
Pool / Spa
- 100% refund if you cancel at least 60 days before check-in.
- No refund if you cancel less than 60 days before check-in.
Damage and incidentals
You will be responsible for any damage to the rental property that is caused by you or your party during your stay.
Max guests: 4
Minimum age of primary renter: 24 - 2424
..an average property
The listing photos are all very accurate, and it is indeed a well presented property.. however.. it's the underlying aspects that give it a 3 star rating..
1. The noise level.. wholly cow! by 8am every morning there were 30+ screaming little kids in the pool just below our room! Their parents were oblivious to their screaming, and just sat about the lawn areas, drinks in hand, chatting with one another..
2. My wife an I both have mold allergies, and we were there less than an hour when both of us started having symptoms. When we went out, the symptoms would cease. So we started looking around the room, and found the hide-a-bed the culprit. There was a huge amount of mold on the black mesh lining that supports the mattress. We always carry the "wipe down" sanitizers and went to work on the mesh and cleaned it the best we could, however mold, when left un-abated, gets into every nook and crany available to it.. we ended up not sitting on or near the sofa hide-a-bed, choosing to sit out on the lanai w/ the screaming kids, or just leaving the property for the entire day and only sleeping there at night..
3. This property appears to be a jointly shared ownership situation between Aston Hotels and private VRBO owners. Once the Aston management/employee's find out that you are a VRBO tenant? they will just be rude, and ignore you.
1a. My wife and I were not allowed to rent or use the canopy lounges that are out on the ocean front. (We went there to try and escape the screaming kids) we were told that they were for the exclusive use of the "Aston Hotel Guest" and asked to vacate them..
1b. The condo has a fully equipped kitchen, so naturally we bought food to fix our meals and 'eat in' .. about $300 worth of groceries. When I went into the lobby and just grabbed the luggage cart to haul the 6 bags of groceries up to the 5t floor, the staff refused to allow me to use "their" cart.. that's when I about lost it .. I just went off and let them know that "..at 62 years old, I wasn't incline to haul 6 heavy bags of groceries up to the 5th floor when there's a cart sitting right here! and if I'm here to use "their" pool .. "their" restaurant & bar ..etc. I'm damn well going to use "their" freikin cart!" ..that's when a security guard step around the corner and apologized, but said "Sir, you are not a "guest" of the resort.. for liability purposes, we can not allow any 'non-guest tenant' to use 'our' equipment.."
the kids and the Aston staff were aweful
Solid choice for a family escape
Clean unit and beautiful view. The birds at night and morning were a fun and memorable experience. Unit was easy to access and had everything we needed to cook and make coffee.
Aloha Mitch and Mahalo for leaving us such a wonderful review! It was a pleasure to host you on your vacation, and we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay! Please come back and stay with us again! Jan and Maui Paradise Properties team!
We love Aston Kaanapali Shores.
Thanks for the great review, Michael! We are thrilled you’re so happy with our Kaanapali Shores 546. It really is a fantastic home we feel so lucky to have this piece of paradise. Maybe you’d like to share with your friends who are due for a vacation too.! We’d love to continue making dreams come true for awesome guests like you. Thanks again! -Jan
Nice Maui Property
What a great week in Maui we had. The unit we rented met our needs. The property while older was very well maintained, and well located. The lanai overlooked both the ocean and lush green garden. The unit was exactly as described. Bed was comfortable, and kitchen more then met our needs. The management company was very responsive. When they checked on us I mention the kitchen needed some cooking utensils. THEY REPLACED THEM THAT DAY! That along with knowing the exact unit you’re getting beforehand make this rental an excellent value. On a side note end of January is a great time to visit Maui. Weather great and whales everywhere we looked.
Thanks for the great review, Marvin! We are thrilled you’re so happy with our Kaanapali Shores 546. It really is a fantastic home we feel so lucky to have this piece of paradise. Maybe you’d like to share with your friends who are due for a vacation too.! We’d love to continue making dreams come true for awesome guests like you. Thanks again! -Jan
Great location, walking distance to shops and restaurants.
Would have liked a few cooking spices etc. In the room.
Also , we couldn't leave our bags at resort after checkout and our flight wasn't until midnight.
Overall great stay!
There is a Beach Club Restaurant and Bar where you can grab a Mai Tai and a bite to eat to fulfill the Hawaii vacation dream. Make sure you take in the free Hulua show mid week and all the wonderful family activities that the resort offers. Ideally located in the heart of the Honokowai/ North Kaanapali area of beautiful west Maui, you can’t beat this location!
About Jan Hunter
I am a member of the Maui Paradise Property team as a vacation rental specialist, I consider myself fortunate to have lived on Maui nearly 20 years. I deeply love this island. I practice Aloha in everything I do to Exceed Traveler Expectations. If you have any questions please feel free to ask, I am here to make certain you have the Hawaiian vacation of your dreams.
Why Jan Hunter chose Kaanapali
World championship golf at Kaanapali and Kapalua located only 5 miles away. Explore additional shopping and restaurants in Historic downtown Lahaina located only 5-10 miles to the south.
What makes this Condo unique
Our guests have found the convenience, accommodations, and value ranked as the best combination on the island...lake-like calm waters, incredible sunset views over Lanai, & the best stargazing ever! 'Sunsets, turtles, and palm trees beckon a return. This spot is a little slice of heaven on earth and always, I will remember the sea, its lullaby in the evening and its quiet calling, at the dawn of each day!