Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths, (Sleeps 4-6)
About Helen Welm
Aloha from Helen and Karl Welm Northern California and Maui are our home locations
Helen Welm purchased this Condo in 1999
Why Helen Welm chose Maalaea
We bought another condo in Maalaea originally in 1981 but sold it when our kids were in college. When we could afford it again we shopped all over the island but returned to peaceful Maalaea. . The beautiful quiet beach, peaceful location, and cooling breezes called us back.
What makes this Condo unique
Since we planned on staying there ourselves a lot, we did some serious upgrading to the place; a flat screen TV in every room and a modern kitchen were a must. We opened up the kitchen so you could see the ocean from there,modernized with cherry wood and granite and installed a whisper quiet Bosch dishwasher as well as a modern quiet washer and drier since we don't want to be disturbed. We love it there and we are sure you will too. Check out our guest book when you visit and leave us your comments We have also installed a new system that provides free WiFi (with our private security code) and FREE worldwide Long Distance from our in condo phones!
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 3:00 pm
Check-out: 11:00 am
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Lovely condo and fantastic quiet beach!
The condo had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. The beach was so beautiful, and just the best for long daily walks! Lots of turtles and snorkeling was awesome! The only complaint I have is that the “quiet hours” between 10pm and 8am are not respected. Lots of people are up and about at 6am and make noise disturbing to those who do wish to have quiet until 8am. It was a lovely vacation and I would definitely consider vacationing there again!
Great place for family!
It was our first time in Maui and we decided to being my parents and son. It was great! The location was okay. The beach is close but you’ll need to walk a few minutes to get to an area you can sit or swim at. The pool is new and the BBQ area was beautiful. The condo was clean and beautifully decorated. They had lots of supplies to save you money. It was a great trip!
Needs updating badly
Was a good stay but unit needs attention
The condo advertised was not the one delivered
We (my mother, sister, and aunt) picked this condo because the reviews and information provided on VRBO made it sound like the perfect place for a girls week in Maui. Upon arrival, there were a number of troubling issues.
1. There was no access to the condo. We were given a door code to open a lock box which was supposed to have a key to the condo, the lock box was empty. We went to the condo managers office and it was empty so I called Helen, the owner of the condo. She told us it was not a problem, that the manager would open the door for us. The manager then informed us we’d need to pay $5 for the “lock out” fee. I said thank you no seeing as we did not lock ourselves out of a condo we had never set foot in.
2. Once the space was made available we quickly discovered that it was unclean. After another call to Helen it was discovered that the cleaning crew had not come b/c they didn’t know another renter was checking in. Let me say that we booked this condo in April for our September 20-28th stay and it was paid in full by July. How is it that no one knew we were coming? After traveling for well over 10 hours just to get to Hawai’i we were needless to say disappointed that we had no place rest. We left and returned 3 hours later to find the place clean, though the pillowcases in one room still smelled like men’s aftershave.
3. The beach that is touted in the info as “120 ft from your back door”, is in fact to dangerous to visit. The sound of the waves and the sunrise/sunsets were amazing but that’s as much as you can enjoy
4. The pool was drained for maintenance and repairs. I get that these need to be done and I have no problem with that. My problem was not being informed of these inconveniences prior to our arrival. When asked about these issues, Helen played ignorant claiming to not know scheduled pool maintenance would be occurring the week we were there. It was noisy and the view obstructed from 7am to around 5pm
5. A leak in the master bath. We discovered a leak in the master bath the day after our arrival. I, again, called Helen and she told me to tell the manager who told me they couldn’t do anything, the owners had to take care of it. I got calls from the plumber wanting us to make an appointment and be present during their work. We didn’t come to Maui to wait for a plumber.
I had no luck getting Helen to cooperate. I sent her a request for a 10% refund and have yet to hear back. My next step will be to refute the CC charge
The condo was awesome. Location perfect. Turtle on beach about everyday. Pool was being remodeled was only bad thing.
Quiet, relaxing, & beautiful Maui location!!
This property had the best location in the complex. Walked right out to patio, gorgeous landscaping, pool & beach. We were attending a wedding on the way to Lahaina & met up with many friends in Kihei often & it was just 15-20 minutes each way.
Many towels, coolers & boogie boards, plus plenty of dishes & cookware.
The most frustrating was the lock on the sliding door was very difficult to lock & unlock. Probably need a new door or at least a new lock.
Overall it was great for our vacation😍
Thanks for the review. I will have the on site manager fix the sliding door.
On 3 mile quiet sandy Beach(backs up to National Wildlife Refuge, NO Developement) suitable for children, Whale Viewing (in season, Dec-May), Walking distance to Ma'alaea Harbor with its fine restaurants, shops & the Maui Ocean Center, rated Maui's #1 Tourist attraction