The Hubbell Duplex is located on Historic Route 66 which is part of the Sixth Street Historic District. The district has evolved into a hub for the city’s nightlife and shopping. There are plenty of restaurants, antique stores, art galleries and local bars in historic buildings. If you’re interested in the golden era of Route 66, then this is where you can experience a glimpse into the glory days of Route 66.
Charming and cute. Large one-bedroom duplex with formal dining area, huge living room with fireplace, master bedroom with king bed, full kitchen, there is another room that has a daybed and closet, and laundry room with washer and dryer. 1196 sq ft, so there is plenty of room to relax. Original hardwood floors. The outside features a nice patio and fully fenced yard.
Designed by Guy Carlander, a well-known and prominent local architect. The Hubbell Duplex gets its name from Mr. and Mrs. Hubbell, who in 1925 hired Mr. Carlander to design the Hubbell Duplex. The duplex is known for its Craftsman style, which includes battered brick columns supporting the dual entry porticoes.
The Hubbell Duplex is part of the Historic District and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Historic Route 66, Sixth Street District is comprised of 13 blocks along Sixth Street and includes several vintage service stations, art galleries, shops and buildings in different architectural styles from the 1920’s to the 1940’s. When in Amarillo make plans to also visit the Cadillac Ranch, The Big Texan Steak Ranch and Palo Duro Canyon State Park.
Parking - Parking for the Hubbell Duplex “Side B” on Historic Route 66 is on-street parking in front of the house or once you access the house you can unlock the back gate and then park in the rear. There are several parking spots in the back and the parking spots are well lit at night.
We are "pet friendly" and have a few guidelines for our guests with furry friends / fur babies.
- Pet accommodations are free but if we have to clean pet hair after the stay there will be an additional clean up fee.
- Guest are responsible for cleaning up any pet waste.
- Please keep pets off furniture and bedding. You will be charged an extra cleaning fee if we have to remove your pet's hair or dirt from beds and sitting areas.
- Please remember to clean your pet's paws when they come inside.
-If it has been raining or snowing, please make sure pets do not track mud inside.
- Pet owners will be responsible for any damage caused by their pets.
- Pets left unattended for any length of time must be crated.
Any evidence of not following these guidelines may incur extra cleaning fees.