A romantic holiday house on a private land surrounded by a pine forest. It's a short 5min walk to a typically deserted beach.
- The house is composed of an open space living room with a modern kitchen, a separate bedroom, a bathroom, and a mezzanine floor that also serves as a bedroom and a reading room. Please note, steep steps up to the mezzanine!
- There is also a roof covered terrace with a table and outside seating.
- The kitchen carries an oven, a stove, a dishwasher, a small fridge. There is plenty of space to cook.
- The house has a wooden fireplace and many books to read in different languages.
- There is no TV or WiFi in the property (by design). Mobile coverage can be patchy (unintentionally).
Interaction with Guests
- There is a local person to contact for emergencies, details provided in the welcome letter.
- Bernati historically has been a small fisherman's village. Change is slow around here. For groceries you're best to go into Liepaja or, for smaller daily items, Nica is an option (5km South).
- There is a summer rental property adjacent to our land, so you're likely to see other people around, albeit a few.
- Typical pastime activities include fishing, beach sports, horse riding, biking or walking in the forest. Doing absolutely nothing all day long is also a great one.
- There are no restaurants or bars in the village, you'd have to go into Liepaja for that.
- There is an infrequent public bus service to Liepaja that costs c.EUR 1. The bus stop is 200m from the house.
- For c.EUR 20, you can also call a taxi to go to Liepaja.
Other Things to Note
- Water for showering, dish-washing, etc. is sourced on the property and has a slight coloration. Drinking water is provided separately.
- After processing, waste water is released locally.
- Waste bins are provided and trash is transported regularly for processing.
- Max 4 people stay.
- Small pets are fine.
- No smoking in the house. If smoking outside, please be careful when disposing of cigarette butts due to risk of wild fire.
- Housekeeping service can be provided for longer term stays.