|Property type||chateau / country house|
|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Old flag of the boats, the House of Boats is part of the property comprised in the mid-nineteenth century by José do Canto, an aristocrat São Miguel, who in 1814 married a rich heiress, Maria Guilhermina Taveira Brum da Silveira.
It began to purchase plots of land, having come to 600ha. For this whole area ordered several of the major European cities coming projects such as London and Paris, leaving us on the spot, a legacy of great architectural and botanical value.
Although reduced to 100ha, the property can be enjoyed by many points of interest.
The garden part, Mata-Jardim, represents an important scenic and botanical legacy for the region. These are all features that lend the area a cinematic environment, full of mergers between nature and human intervention, able to provide you unforgettable moments.
- The House of Boats offers two comfortable suites for two people (bedroom, living room and bathroom), one on the ground floor with a fantastic framework for the Lagoon and the second on the top floor, facing the Chapel. Suites:
- Double bed
- Towel warmer
- Hair Dryer (on request)
- Equipped kitchen
- Central heating
- Bicycles and Canoes
- Change of Lençóus 1 to week
- On the ground floor is still the common room designed for your moments of rest, with TV, telephone and Internet connection. The kitchen, fully equipped, and an independent bathroom.
- Upstairs, along with the Suite, is a playroom dedicated to leisure time.
- The whole house is equipped with central heating, allowing a comfortable presence during the winter.
- To enjoy a family holiday, the House of Boats offers placing extra beds for a fee to match.
- For clients of the House of Boats will also be offered the use of canoes, free entry in Mata Jose do Canto Garden, as well as the neo-Gothic chapel of Our Lady of Victories.
- Because the Lagoa das Furnas worth living, the House of Boats puts at your disposal bikes for fantastic walks around the Lagoon and canoes that will be felt in the center of nature.
- The horse riding * are another great attraction. Along with an instructor, you have the possibility of observing landscapes not to be missed.
- The wealth of natural and botanical heritage of the Furnas gives you a lot of new experiences for the whole year, such as:
A 5 km:
- Hot baths, especially delicious in cold weather. Has at its disposal the "puddle D.ª Beija" natural hot pools great for relaxing, the "Scheldt Feet", a hot water pool encircled by the cold water stream here when switching the bath temperature of your feet will feel in clouds and iron water pool of the Terra Nostra Park **
- Boilers (fumaroles). A visit to this natural phenomenon is one of the great attractions of S. Island Miguel. Next to the lagoon you can see the famous Baked Furnas, cooked inside the earth and sampled in restaurants located in the parish
- Gardens and Parks Being a place of rare beauty, in the nineteenth century, São Miguel Aristocrats elected the parish of Furnas as a summer destination, where they built wonderful mansions surrounded by beautiful gardens. Not to be missed is the Mata-Jardim, owned by House of boats Parque D. Beatriz (opened in August) and the Terra Nostra. From December to April you can enjoy beautiful examples of ancient camellias, which every year attracts onlookers from all over the world.
- S. Island Miguel offers other stimulating experiences, from which we highlight:
- Sea Baths The island of S. Miguel is surrounded by excellent warm weather beaches, highlighting the beach of Ribeira Quente, 12 km from the House of Boats. It's a great beach of warm water, heated in certain areas by "boilers" existing on the seabed. Throughout his tour of the Island, you can dive on the beach of Mills, the Monasteries, militia, d'high water, the Amora in Vineyard Sand, etc ..
- Walks are at your disposal a large network of hiking maintained by experts and properly marked. These tracks offer you a diverse set of images and inaccessible by other means.
- Whale Watching *. The Azores are also renowned for the strong presence of cetaceans. You will have the opportunity to observe and even swim with several species of dolphins and whales glimpse the imposing a fun adventure.
* - Resorting to a specialized operator and paid activity.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
3 night minimum stay
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
The prices are for 4 adults with possibility of 2 extra beds for children, knowing that only one extra bed doesn't have any additional price. The price, in addition to include the whole House has bicycles, canoes, wireless internet and welcome basket with local products.
Cancellation: If canceled up to 15 days before date of arrival, no fee will be charged. If canceled later or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
Prepayment: 30 percent of the total amount may be charged anytime after booking. 70 percentof the total amount will be charged on the day of arrival.
Os clientes pagam 30% no ato da reserva e o restante aquando do check-in.