|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
This lovely, two-bedroom, two-bath, vacation rental home-away-from-home, located at 811 Vanitie Ct in Mission Beach, is steps to our beautiful Mission Bay and a few more steps to the Pacific Ocean. It comprises the entire floor of our brand-new custom building on a charming court in North Mission Beach, San Diego, California, offering a private fenced yard with pieceful fountain, and a private, bay view,dining area with gas barbecue.
AND, it is within a five- to ten-minute walk to a wide variety of restaurants and shops, and a short drive to Sea World and other local attractions. It is a perfect getaway!
You are comfortable in our hideaway regardless of the season. It is light and airy, with ceiling fans in each room for warmer days, and a fireplace and central thermostat heating during the cooler days. Granite counters & vanities. Purified water from every tap & to icemaker in fridge.
You have off-street parking for one car, a private washer/dryer, and much more:
* Master bedroom with queen-size bed, TV/cable/VCR, and private full bath
* Second bedroom with two twin beds and TV/cable. Aerobed available in living room for 5th person - $25/day fee
* Separate full bath with tub/shower.
* Fully-equipped kitchen for casual or gourmet cooking. Gas oven/stove, toaster oven, crock pot, blender, etc. Granite counters and an island with bar stools adjacent to indoor eating area.
* Separate inside eating area seating four comfortably, also with fireplace view.
* Cable Flatscreen HDTV/VCR/DVD/stereo in living room. Comfortable Leather Loveseat and Recliner Lounge near fireplace.
* Copy services available if needed.
* WiFi High Speed Internet Access.
* Beach 'toys' including bicycles, chairs, etc., and a library of videos, books, puzzles, and games.
* Tandem Kayak with life vests available on request.
* Steak & Seafood Restaurant - 1 block away
* Paddlewheeler - Nightly Entertainment on Mission Bay.
* A maximum of five individuals is allowed.
* Check-in time is 3:30 PM and Check-out time is 10:30 AM.
* No pets are allowed.
* No smoking is allowed inside the rental.
* A deposit of 25% of total reserved time, based on above rates, is required at time of reservation.
* A $75 Cleaning Fee is required, and, instead of a damage deposit, we request guest obtain $1500 damage insurance from Homeaway for a one-time, $59 fee.
* Balance of payment is due 30 days prior to scheduled check-in date.
* U.S. - Personal check or money order preferred; Credit card payment, with 2.9% fee, via Paypal.
* Non-U.S.: U.S Bank Check or Int'l Money Order preferred. Credit card payment, with 4.45% fee available - request with reservation & a PayPal link will be returned by email.
* Upon receipt of payment, we will send an instruction sheet with directions, answers to FAQ, etc.
CONTACT US at the phone numbers provided below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Keywords: Apartment - 1st Floor of Duplex Home
Calina is a Native San Diegan, and Bill arrived in San Diego with the Navy in 1975. We married in 1977, and vowed to someday move to the Beach. We loved taking long walks on the bay or beach and watching gorgeous sunsets. We built our dream home in North Mission Beach in 2002 and built the first floor as an apartment for Calina’s parents. We made sure that Mom and Dad’s place had all the same modern conveniences as we had upstairs. When Mom and Dad decided to move further inland, we converted the apartment to a Vacation Rental. 'Mission Bay Hideaway', is the newest, cleanest and nicest apartment in Mission Bay. Since then, we have had the pleasure of hosting hundreds of families, from all over the world, to enjoy wonderful vacations in Mom and Dad’s apartment. Bill & Calina, San Diego, CA
Bill & Calina Eckert purchased this apartment in 2002
Our Mission Bay Hideaway, in North Mission Bay, affords the vacationer all the best of the San Diego Beach and Bay atmosphere. Virtually everything is within a very short walking distance: the beach and bay with every conceivable water sport, marinas, bicycle paths, children’s playground, dozens of excellent restaurants and night clubs, lots of shops, a modern supermarket, internet café, local library, Post Office, Metro Bus Stop, and an amusement park and combination gym, indoor pool and wavehouse recreation facility. Most nights of the year, you can watch the evening fireworks from Sea World, a few miles away. Most other attractions in and around San Diego are just a short drive away.
We take great pains to ensure our Hideaway is one of the cleanest and best maintained properties in the area. Saltillo tile floors and throw rugs help to keep the beach and bay sand from gaining a foothold and the central vacuum makes cleanup easy. Purified water from a whole-house system eliminates the need to procure bottled water or ice.
Our Fenced In Front Yard is unique to this neighborhood, with very high trees and flowered vines, providing significant privacy for the dining area.
The side parking area provides room for storage of bikes, jetskis, rafts, boogie boards, etc. and can also be used for parking a small vehicle in tandem.
Entering Guest Comment from August '05 from earlier guestbook08/13/05 N/A Guest Comment Entered By Homeowner: “Calina and Bill, Many thanks for a wonderful stay at your ‘Mission Bay Hideaway’ – Very inviting and warm, just like home! We will definitely be back – hopefully for a 2 week stay in the future. Appreciate the use of the beach chairs & Boogie Boards - what fun the kids had in the waves w/those! Cheers! The Scotts - Diane, Don, Allyson, Jefferson, Carmichael, CA” The ScottsCarmichael, CA
Staying at Mission Bay Hideaway was the best choice I ever made. The locations is PERFECT! This rental is very close to a lot of things, yet just far enough out of the hustle and bustle of Pacific Beach. It is a 30 second walk to the beach, 15 second walk to the bay and 5 minute walk to Pacific Beach restaurants and shops. I really enjoyed catching the morning surf without having to drive as well as grilling in the afternoon and getting to catch the sunset last minute with a burger in hand. On top of it all, the owners are great people and ready to help with anything!
The condo was great. We stayed for Christmas week and had all the amenities we needed to cook a Christmas dinner and enjoy our company. The condo was very clean, had a nice Mexican motif, and our host, Bill, was very responsive. I would highly recommend this condo.
Our family of four truly enjoyed our stay in San Diego! The home was a perfect location being one block from the bay and just a short walk to the ocean and Boardwalk. My family was truly impressed with my VRBO find...yeah me! The hosts were very friendly and great to deal with. The use of the bikes and kayak were really fun and made our trip. Every day we went for bike rides and found great places to eat dinner at every night. The home is exactly as pictured with a nice santafe feel. We enjoyed every part of our stay. Thank you Bill and Calina, hope to get to stay in your home again soon. It was a great thanksgiving weekend for us, much appreciated!
Mission Bay Hideaway was one of the best houses I've stayed at, the location was perfect. Just a short walk to the beach. The house itself was very clean and had everything you could possibly need. Great place to stay. I highly recommend it.
Our 2nd stay here was terrific. Very comfortable, lots of extra touches like bikes and beach chairs, even detergent for the in-house laundry. Outstanding location, block or two to both bay and ocean, beaucoup restaurants close by. Definitely recommend
We would like to connect ourselves to the very positive opinions of the other guests and the description of the property. Now we were already two times at this nice vacation apartment with our kids, and will also take again the long way from Germany to Bill and Calina in the next year.
The apartment is great equipped, every thing we need is available, and also the beach equipment and the bicycles are very nice. From year to year Bill and Caline improve the set-up. In our oppinion is it a little paradise at a famous location with everything we need for a great vacation.
Steps to the Pacific Ocean on the West and Mission Bay on the East. Short Walk to numerous restaurants and attractions including Childrens' Playground, Amusement Park, Paddlewheeler with Nightly Entertainment on Mission Bay. Short drive to San Diego Municipal Golf Course & Sea World to South and Pacific Beach & La Jolla to the North.
Other Activities: Surfing Lessons Available - Inquire for Details
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
27 May 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||A$78.93|
Credit Card Payment 2.5% fee (3.75% non-U.S.)
Pets less than 50lbs considered, with fee.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.