The Perfect Getaway
Imagine yourself with a cup of coffee, sitting on the balcony and looking at the brilliant blue Caribbean sea, with lush green palm trees framing your view in front of you as you start your day! This is what awaits you every day at our apartment.
Apartment 10 at Chrisanns Beach Resort is a tastefully furnished one bedroom apartment, part of 33 similar apartments, on its own private beach, just outside the tourist mecca of Ocho Rios on Jamaica's North Coast. The apartment's features:
- Free WiFi inside condo and in entry lobby; one of only 3 condos out of 33 with WiFi inside.
- Upstairs loft bedroom with king size bed and pickled wooden floors, alarm clock.
- Downstairs living/dining area, bathroom, pullout sofa.
- Fully equipped kitchen with brand new frost-free refrigerator, Corian countertops, 4 burner electric stove and oven, microwave, toaster, French press coffee maker, blender, electric can opener, chef knife set, all cutlery (including for kids), and cooking utensils.
- Our housekeeper will also cook for you if you wish, for a modest extra fee.
- All bed and bath linens and beach towels provided.
- Free cable TV service, DVD player, free DVDs, AM/FM radio, Mp3 or iPod dock, CD player.
- Board games, sand toys for kids, floatable pool noodles, snorkeling gear for adults and kids, kick boards for swimming, novels and magazines
- 2 folding canvas chairs, 2 umbrellas, hurricane lamp, plug in insect repellent.
- Electric iron, ironing board, blow dryer, digital lockable safe, electric water heater, split a/c unit that cools the entire apartment, ceiling fan, standing fan.
- Private balcony with sea view and bistro table/chairs.
- Private beach and gazebo.
- Airport shuttle service from Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay directly to Chrisanns, for $25 -$30 per person, one way.
A Host of Attractions
Chrisanns Beach Resort is two hours away from Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay. The resort is just steps away from some of Ocho Rios's finest attractions.
Across the street are Glenns Restaurant, Tower Jerk Center, Toscanini's Italian Restaurant, and Harmony Hall Gallery, an exquisite old mansion where you can view art by Jamaica's finest artists. Harmony Hall is also a Jamaican National Heritage site.
If you want to cook for yourself, there's a well stocked grocery store right across the street, and a weekly farmers' market just down the road with a wide variety of fresh Jamaican fruits and vegetables.
In Ocho Rios, you can shop for souvenirs, duty free jewelry and other goodies at the Island Village plaza. Relax at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville Restaurant and Lounge, right on the beach at Island Village.
You can visit museums such as the Reggae Museum in Island Village, WataLand, a new water park nearby, and the world-famous Dunns River Falls and Park.
Ocho Rios has many restaurants: Italian, Chinese, international, Indian, and Jamaican. Every June, the town hosts a local jazz festival that brings together jazz musicians from across the island.
You'll find other attractions in Ocho Rios like Dolphin Cove, where you can swim with these friendly creatures, and Mystic Mountain for an awesome eco-tourism experience, complete with canopy bridges and bungee rides above a tropical rain forest.
Tour a working citrus plantation at the Prospect Plantation Tour, or go kayaking down the White River, or go mountain biking on trails nearby.
Ocho Rios is also one of the few resorts where you can visit authentic Jamaican towns, such as St. Ann's Bay, the birthplace of Marcus Garvey and Brown's Town, a major market town on the North Coast.
Just 45 minutes from Chrisanns is the birthplace of Bob Marley: Nine Miles, where you can visit his mausoleum and museum.
St. Ann's Bay is just beside New Seville, the site where Christopher Columbus first landed in Jamaica. Here you can visit a historical museum and ruins of early Spanish settlements dating back to the 15th century.
Chrisanns Beach Resort is just an hour's drive away from Firefly, the home of Sir Noel Coward. Firefly is now a museum, and another National Heritage site. Forty five minutes away is Golden Eye, the former home of Ian Fleming, where he wrote his James Bond novels.
If you feel adventurous, you can rent a car right across the street. Rent a car and drive to Portland and visit Navy Island, where Errol Flynn once lived. There' are tour brochures and car rental information in the reception area.
Photos: Marian Stewart Titus,