|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
The Cottage at Captain's Watch is a fully restored early 1900s 2 bedroom cottage directly on the water and beach in Colonial Beach, Virginia. The cottage provides two bedrooms, the first with one queen bed and the second with two twin beds. All the amenities you will need are provided to enjoy a week or a long weekend in the beautiful Northern Neck of Virginia. Just bring your toothbrush and change of clothes. We provide everything else - linens, towels (bath and beach), inn quality bath soaps, shampoos and lotions, Our kitchenette is equipped with a 4 burner stove top, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender and 2 counter height refrigerators with separate freezer in one. All dinner, glassware and cooking utensils are provided as well. High speed Internet and satellite TV with HBO, Showtime, Sports Network and more.
We are located within a short walk (10 minutes or less) of many town amenities which include:
• Beautiful Thai/French restaurant on Monroe Bay (The Lighthouse);
• Gourmet grocery store and oyster bar (Denson’s Grocery and R&B Oyster Bar );
• Coffee shop\cafe where all the locals hang out (Tattle Tales Cafe);
• Unique gourmet shop where cooking classes, breakfast lunch and dinner are sometimes served (Tides Inn Market);
• Chinese restaurant with take out (Hunan Diner);
• Beach front Tiki bar with a full service indoor restaurant with live music on the weekends (The Black Pearl at High Tides);
• Fully equipped gym (River Gym);
• Catholic, Baptist, Methodist and Episcopal churches;
• Several antique shops and art galleries in town for your enjoyment (Jarret Thor Fine Arts).
• Two marinas with transient docking (Bayside Marina and The Boat House Marina).
Within a few minutes or a short drive are;
• Full service Marina with transient docking, full time mechanic and gas (Colonial Beach Yacht Center);
• A second outdoor tiki bar and full service indoor restaurant with live music on the weekends (Blue Heron Pub and Dockside Restaurant) located on the Colonial Beach Yacht Center property;
• Street legal golf cart rentals are available in town (Beach Cart Rental);
• Pizza (Papa Johns, Dominos, Ledos);
• Cab service (Davis cab);
• Historical sites are a short drive away as well (Stratford Hall, Wakefield, Christ Church, Fredericksburg, VA);
• All of Washington D.C is about a 90 minute drive away.
The Cottage and the main house, “Captains Watch” share the same property.
There is NO SMOKING or pets permitted on the property (house and yard) and no more than 4 guests are permitted on the property and/or cottage at amy time.
The cottage at Captain's Watch was exactly what we needed. My husband and I and our two children, ages 6 and 1, fit comfortably for our long weekend. Being right across from the beach was a huge plus for us because of convenience and being able to listen to the water at night while sitting on the front porch. The owner, John, was a very nice host. He was full of information about the area and took the time to tell us about it all when we arrived. The kitchen and all other amenities were well beyond stocked. We've been on many vacations that claimed stocked kitchens, but this was above board, there was even an ice cream scoop. Silly, but impressive to me. It was a great place and great town. We'll be back for sure!
5 star experience. Will definitely return.
John was an excellent host. He greeted us when we arrived and checked in to make sure that all was well. The house had everything we needed to feel at home. The week days were lovely. The weekends were a little more crowded than I expected.
Very nice, clean and convenient cottage. From our research, probably the best rental cottage on the beach. John was friendly, helpful, and informative in terms of places to go, sites to see. It was a quiet, relaxing visit for us. Our only recommendation is to plan to be in Colonial Beach over the period from Thursday to Sunday as most everything is closed until mid-day on Thursday. This took us by surprise (we arrived on Monday) so next time, we will adjust our travel plans accordingly.
My family had such a relaxing time at the cottage. John bent over backwards to help us enjoy our stay. He not only recommended all the best local places, but also went out of his way to get safety covers for the outlets just for my very active and nosy toddler. The porch and deck has a picturesque view of the water which we enjoyed when we weren't on the beach itself. The cottage was well equipped with everything we needed to feel at home in Colonial Beach. John thought of everything and was a kind and friendly host.
Full service marina located in town about 1 mile from the cottage. Street legal Golf cart rentals are available in town.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
30 Mar 2017 - 1 Oct 2017
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||A$78|
|Cleaning||A$66 + Tax|
Payments 100% refundable when reservation canceled minimum of 30 days before check-in.