This cottage is called 'El Sauce' and is part of five available at 'Granja Henderson', an 111 acre farm in the heart of Punta del Este
El Sauce has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen-dining-living rooms all integrated and outside a lovely gazeebo to lounge and enjoy a tasty asado from the parrillero which is attached to the house. Not to confuse this parillero with the Club House, which is also called parillero (Club House is available for rent and is much larger). The garden is ample with a lovely 'palo borracho' tree that provides a lovely shade in summer and let's the sun through in winter. You can open the door of El Sauce and all you'll see are pastures and trees. No neighbor in site and therefore extremely quiet.
See 'Links to more information' below to see youtube video and google map of the cottage
94.8 sqm = 1020 sqft
Master bedroom downstairs with 1 queen size bed
Bathroom #1 downstairs in-front of master bedroom
Bedroom #2 upstairs with two single beds
Bedroom #3 upstairs with one single bed
Bathroom #2 is downstairs next bathroom #1
Every guest staying at Granja Henderson has complementary access to all the vegetables that are grown on site at the organic vegetable garden!
Wildlife is abundant here. It is amazing to be so close to Punta and be able to enjoy mother nature at its fullest without the noises, people, traffic, pollution associated with city life.
Wildlfe that surrounds the Granja Henderson:
lots of birds (Chaja, tero teru, hornero, swans, benteveo, pirincho, picaflor, cotorra, golondrina, halconcito, gorrion, cuervillo, sabia, ratonera, picabuey, garza, calandria, carancho, carpintero, cisne, cuervo, viudita, paloma, tordo, zorzal, chimango, chingolo, churrinche, murcielago, picapalo, golondrinas, tijereta, gallineta),
Zorro, nutria, mulita, aperia, huron, liebre, zorillo, comadreja, guazu, aperea.
About El Sauce and Granja Henderson
A little about Laguna del Diario: This lagoon is called thus because the horses that were used a great deal or on a daily basis for the garrison (colonial times) were allowed loose on the fields around the lake. The Sierra de la Ballena was hostile and they didn't climb up over it. So the daily horses were to be fetched from there. This is the translation for Diario. A diario means on a daily basis. No meaning of newspaper fits this place name. All places in the countryside in Uruguay that are a Dead End are named Rincón. Thus the area where my grandfather's farm was, was called Rincón del Diario. It is in disuse now, as another road has been built to access the area.
Rental Rules and Regulations
1. CHECK-IN 4 PM CHECK OUT 12 PM
2. NON SMOKING cottage
3. Small pets under 22lbs are permitted in rental cottages only with prior approval. All pets must be leashes at all times.
4. NO renters younger 25 years unless accompanied by an adult
5. CANCELLATIONS – A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation
6. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- six (6) persons
electricity, water, gas, Satellite TV, WiFi Internet, wood, towels and linens, kitchen utensils and safe.
7. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in
8. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance
9. PARKING – Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles
10. LIABILITY - All of the cottages are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities
11. FARM ANIMALS – Please stay away from all farm and wild animals. Every pasture surrounding the cottages are fitted with electrical wire which is designed to keep animals at bay, but WILL shock a human being at low currents. Due to the characteristic of our thatched roof cottages we do our best to keep insects at bay. You will, however, most likely encounter spiders, bees and bats.
12. FARM ACTIVITY – This is an active farm. Personnel are working from early hours of the morning till late afternoon with a long lunch break and specially in hot summer days. You will hear farm tractor noises, lawn mowing machinery, etc. We try to minimize noises in the mornings so our guests can rest.
13. COTTAGES CONDITION – These are original 1940's farm cottages. There is NO Air Conditioning equipment apart from the warm winter fireplace. The summer heat is kept out by the excellent insulation of the thatched roof and the double brick walls.
14. FIREWORKS – Fireworks are NOT allowed
15. ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN – One basket for a complementary vegetable picking
16. REMOTE GATE OPENER – One (1) Remote Main Gate Opener included