|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
This cottage is called 'Los Limoneros' and is part of five available at 'Granja Henderson', an 111 acre farm in the heart of punta del este.
See 'links to more information' below to see YouTube video and Google map of the cottage.
Los limoneros has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen-dining-living rooms all integrated and outside a lovely porch to lounge on and a carport and Parrillero. The garden is ample with fruit trees, hence the name.
93.6 sqm = 1008 sqft
Master bedroom downstairs with 1 queen size bed.
Master bathroom downstairs by the master bedroom.
Bedroom #2 upstairs with two single beds.
Bedroom #3 upstairs with two single beds.
Bathroom #1 is downstairs by living room.
This cottage has recently been fitted with a magna wood fireplace. It heats up the entire house and is a joy to stay during the cold months on the southern winter! It faces the living room but has an intricate hot air plumbing that blows warm air into the master bedroom and upstairs.
Every guest staying at Granja Henderson has complementary access to all the vegetables that are grown on site at the organic vegetable garden!
Wildlife is abundant here. It is amazing to be so close to Punta and be able to enjoy mother nature at its fullest without the noises, people, traffic, pollution associated with city life. Here is a list of some wildlife that surrounds the granja henderson:
Lots of birds (chaja, tero teru, hornero, swans, benteveo, pirincho, picaflor, cotorra, golondrina, halconcito, gorrion, cuervillo, sabia, ratonera, picabuey, garza, calandria, carancho, carpintero, cisne, cuervo, viudita, paloma, tordo, zorzal, chimango, chingolo, churrinche, murcielago, picapalo, golondrinas, tijereta, gallineta),
Zorro, nutria, mulita, aperia, huron, liebre, zorillo, comadreja, guazu, aperea.
About granja henderson:
This was my mother's patch. Her childhood farm. Her parents acquired it in 1942. The place she grew up on. Where her whole family spent their holidays and weekends. Second home and until recently first one too! Originally a chicken farm, later a dairy, then a quarter horse breeding facility. Now rental of cottages.
A little about Laguna del Diario: this lagoon is called thus because the horses that were used a great deal or on a daily basis for the garrison (colonial times) were allowed loose on the fields around the lake. The Sierra de la Ballena was hostile and they didn't climb up over it. So the daily horses were to be fetched from there. This is the translation for Diario. A Diario means on a daily basis. No meaning of newspaper fits this place name. All places in the countryside in Uruguay that are a dead end are named Rincón. Thus the area where my grandfather's farm was, was called Rincón del Diario. It is in disuse now, as another road has been built to access the area.
Rental rules and regulations
1. Check-in 4 pm check out 12 pm
2. Non smoking cottage
3. Small pets under 22lbs are permitted in rental cottages only with prior approval. All pets must be leashes at all times.
4. No renters younger 25 years unless accompanied by an adult
5. Damage deposit- a damage deposit of 20% rental is required
6. Payment – an advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required
7. Cancellations – a sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation
8. Maximum occupancy- six (6) persons
9. Seven night charge required for peak season
10. Inclusive fees – rates includes 10.5% Uruguayan tax, 8% Inmobiliaria fee, electricity, water, gas, satellite TV, wifi internet, wood, towels and linens, kitchen utensils and safe.
11. Daily maid cleaning service – is available for u$s 10 per hour
12. Rate changes – rates subject to change without notice
13. Falsified reservations – any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in
14. Written exceptions – any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance
15. Parking – parking is limited to two (2) vehicles
16. Liability - all of the cottages are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities
17. Farm animals – please stay away from all farm and wild animals. Every pasture surrounding the cottages are fitted with electrical wire which is designed to keep animals at bay, but will shock a human being at low currents. Due to the characteristic of our thatched roof cottages we do our best to keep insects at bay. You will, however, most likely encounter spiders, bees and bats.
18. Farm activity – this is an active farm. Personnel are working from early hours of the morning till late afternoon with a long lunch break and specially in hot summer days. You will hear farm tractor noises, lawn mowing machinery, etc. We try to minimize noises in the mornings so our guests can rest.
19. Cottages condition – these are original 1940's farm cottages. There is no air conditioning equipment apart from the warm winter fireplace. The summer heat is kept out by the excellent insulation of the thatched roof and the double brick walls.
20. Fireworks – fireworks are not allowed
21. Organic vegetable garden – one basket for a complementary vegetable picking
22. Remote gate opener – one (1) remote main gate opener included
Olá sr. Adrian tudo bem ? tivemos um belo de um feriado em Punta, Graças a Deus deu tudo certinho, o lugar de nossa hospedagem é muito bonito e organizado e a cabana Los Limoneros é ótima, também agradecemos o excelente atendimento que o Senhor Guillermo nos deu, é uma pessoa muito simpática e prestativa, nos deixou muito à-vontade , nós sentimos em casa, eu e minha família estamos encantado com o lugar. obrigado e com certeza recomentaremos a amigos e breve retornaremos.
Compartimos el fin de semana en familia en "Los Limoneros". Todos regresamos a casa con la idea de que debíamos repetir la experiencia.
La tranquilidad del entorno, el trato amigable y respetuoso de quienes están a cargo y el estar a un paso de la movida de Punta del Este lo transforman en un lugar ideal.
En un mismo día se puede disfrutar de la naturaleza, consumo de productos elaborados en la propia granja y visita a algunos de los tantos lugares turísticos de la zona. Si por el contrario el ánimo es desconectarse totalmente éste también resulta el lugar perfecto.
Gracias, Adriana y familia.
I enjoyed my stay at Granja Henderson...it was spectacular! The online youtube and photos do not do justice to the beautiful property that is gated into the Uruguayan Coastline.
As a property owner myself, i feel obligated to tell you what a wonderful job that the husband and wife caretakers do to keep the entire ranch looking beautiful! It is remarkable what they do to keep everything pristine, so much so I tipped them for all that they did to make our stay so pleasant.
The buildings on the property were once a family compound, so the charm and feel of yesteryear is definitely present. Great location for a group getaway and well positioned to get to Punta in 15 minutes or the airport in 5. Excellent location and beautiful scenery!
Thanks again for a wonderful stay, we loved it!
Other Leisure Activities:
- Wild Life Viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities:
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
23 Dec 2017 - 7 Jan 2018
7 night minimum stay
8 Jan 2018 - 31 Jan 2018
6 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Property Damage Protection||A$78.93|
High season require 7 night minimum stay unless last minute or in-between rentals.
Prices are all inclusive of 10.5% taxes, 8% real estate fee, electricity, water, etc.
US residents ONLY can purchase Property Damage Insurance:
http://www.propertydamageprotection.com/ and opt-out of damage deposit.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.