This cottage is called 'Los Pinos' and is part of five available at 'Granja Henderson', an 111 acre farm in the heart of Punta del Este.
66.6 sqm = 717 sqft
Master bedroom with 1 queen size bed.
Bedroom #2 with two single beds.
Bathroom by both bedrooms.
Extra room that is used to storage.
Los Pinos has a zinc roof with wooden ceiling. They stand at the end of the property, the most southerly building, surrounded by pastures where horses graze. They have a portico garage where you can keep your car and also sit and enjoy a barbecue since we have mobile barbecues on wheels! And a table and garden chairs. Then you step into the living-dining Room with big windows also facing the pastures. There are comfortable sofas and a dining table.
The kitchen is self-contained and is furnished with refrigerator, microwave oven, standard oven and burners. It's fully equipped with whatever you might need to cook (although if you'd rather go out, “Pacha and Mama” restaurant is only 800 meters away. And there are several more in Punta Ballena, 2 km. away). Outside, in the kitchen's portico, there is a sink and washing machine.
There is another room which is accessed from outside, where there is a very roomy deposit to keep bicycles and beach paraphernalia, sunshade and whatever you will.
Every guest staying at Granja Henderson has complementary access to all the vegetables that are grown on site at the organic vegetable garden!
Wildlife is abundant here. It is amazing to be so close to Punta and be able to enjoy mother nature at its fullest without the noises, people, traffic, pollution associated with city life. Here is a list of some wildlife that surrounds the Granja Henderson:
Birds (Chaja, tero teru, hornero, swans, benteveo, pirincho, picaflor, cotorra, golondrina, halconcito, gorrion, cuervillo, sabia, ratonera, picabuey, garza, calandria, carancho, carpintero, cisne, cuervo, viudita, paloma, tordo, zorzal, chimango, chingolo, churrinche, murcielago, picapalo, golondrinas, tijereta, gallineta)
Zorro, nutria, mulita, aperia, huron, liebre, zorillo, comadreja, guazu, aperea.
Some history about the Granja Henderson:
This was my mother's patch. Her childhood farm. Her parents acquired it in 1942. The place she grew up on. Where her whole family spent their holidays and weekends. Second home and until recently first one too. Originally a chicken farm, later a dairy, then a Quarter Horse breeding facility. Now rental of cottages.
A little about Laguna del Diario. This lagoon is called thus because the horses that were used a great deal or on a daily basis for the garrison (colonial times) were allowed loose on the fields around the lake. The Sierra de la Ballena was hostile and they didn't climb up over it. So the daily horses were to be fetched from there. This is the translation for Diario. A diario means on a daily basis. All places in the countryside in Uruguay that are a Dead End are named Rincón. Thus the area where my grandfather's farm was, was called Rincón del Diario. It is in disuse now, as another road has been built to access the area.
ental Rules and Regulations
1. CHECK-IN 4 PM CHECK OUT 12 PM
2. NON SMOKING cottage
3. Small pets under 22lbs are permitted in rental cottages only with prior approval. All pets must be leashes at all times.
4. NO renters younger 25 years unless accompanied by an adult
5. DAMAGE DEPOSIT- A damage deposit of 20% rental is required
6. PAYMENT – An advance payment equal to 50% of the rental rate is required
7. CANCELLATIONS – A sixty (60) day notice is required for cancellation
8. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- four (4) persons
9. Seven night charge required for peak season
10. INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates includes 10.5% Uruguayan tax, 8% Inmobiliaria fee, electricity, water, gas, Satellite TV, WiFi Internet, wood, towels and linens, kitchen utensils and safe.
11. DAILY MAID CLEANING SERVICE – Is available for U$S 10 per hour
12. RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice
13. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in
14. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance
15. PARKING – Parking is limited to two (2) vehicles
16. LIABILITY - All of the cottages are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities
17. FARM ANIMALS – Please stay away from all farm and wild animals. Every pasture surrounding the cottages are fitted with electrical wire which is designed to keep animals at bay, but WILL shock a human being at low currents. Due to the characteristic of our thatched roof cottages we do our best to keep insects at bay. You will, however, most likely encounter spiders, bees and bats.
18. FARM ACTIVITY – This is an active farm. Personnel are working from early hours of the morning till late afternoon with a long lunch break and specially in hot summer days. You will hear farm tractor noises, lawn mowing machinery, etc. We try to minimize noises in the mornings so our guests can rest.
19. COTTAGES CONDITION – These are original 1940's farm cottages. There is NO Air Conditioning equipment apart from the warm winter fireplace. The summer heat is kept out by the excellent insulation of the thatched roof and the double brick walls.
20. FIREWORKS – Fireworks are NOT allowed
21. ORGANIC VEGETABLE GARDEN – One basket for a complementary vegetable picking
22. REMOTE GATE OPENER – One (1) Remote Main Gate Opener included
Keywords: Farm, Granja, Countryside, Thatch, Ranch