|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
This family-owned property is 20 minutes away from Saratoga, Wyoming, which has been rated #5 in Outdoor Life Magazine's 2011 top towns for hunting and fishing.
Available for groups of experienced anglers to fish the pristine Encampment River, or for family reunions or getaways, this private fishing ranch provides a nature sanctuary to relax, rejuvenate and explore. Enjoy 160 acres of land and 1-mile of exclusive access on both sides of the Encampment River. This stretch of river, located immediately above the confluence of the North Platte and Encampment Rivers, is an ideal refuge for large trout.
The property consists of two houses, connected by a breezeway, with a fully equipped kitchen and living area that offers excellent views of the river and mountainous land. There is an outdoor BBQ pit for cooking.
Enjoy the river or hike the property while looking for deer, bald eagles, beavers, badgers, and more.
A note from the homeowner:
My grandparents bought this property "The Cohn Fishing Ranch" in 1972. They were fishing in the area for years and when this property came onto the market, they jumped at the opportunity to buy it. It is truly unique in terms of beauty, seclusion, and as a result of the incredible fishing on our 1-mile stretch of the Encampment river.
Key Residence Features:
- Rated #5 in Outdoor Life Magazine's 2011 top towns for hunting and fishing
- This stretch of river is on private land - lots of fish + no other people = great fishing just for you to enjoy!
- Renovations made in 2008
- Master Bedroom (First house 1,900 sq/ft): 2 Twins (pushed together), private bathroom, closet and dresser
- Bedroom 2 (2nd house 1,800 sq/ft): Queen bed, private bathroom, closet and dresser
- Bedroom 3 (2nd house): 2 Twin beds
- Bedroom 4 (2nd house): Double bed and private bathroom
- Medicine Bow Lodge: This family-owned dude ranch is the perfect place to take a horse trail ride through the forest.
- Independence Day Celebration: Go to Saratoga on July 4 for an old-fashioned parade followed by night-time fireworks.
- Steinley Cup: Come to Saratoga during the 3rd full weekend in August for Wyoming's official state microbrewery
- The Snowy Range Scenic Byway/Medicine Bow National Forest: located 20 minutes away, this gorgeous mountain range is a popular recreation attraction for hiking, picnicking, and camping. There are numerous clear mountain lakes and even the occasional moose. A trip along the Snowy Range Scenic Byway is a must when you visit southeastern Wyoming!
- Saratoga Hot Springs: the pool is open 24 hours a day/7 days a week and is free to the public! Enjoy a hot soak in the pool or adjacent river.
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No hunting or discharge of firearms
- Check-in at 1:00 PM/check-out at 11:00 AM
- $50/person/night extra person fee for groups over five people.
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Cell phone service is available.
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for travelers. Our dedicated Travel Advisor Team is available 7 days a week and our simple online reservation system allows you to book securely with a credit card! Please feel free to call us at 1.877.818.1013.
Owner / Property Manager purchased this cabin in 1968
The ranch was awesome. The fishing was good, even with low seasonal water levels. The views and the seclusion were great. The ranch house was lots of fun - we had 3 adults and 2 kids, and the walkway between the 2 buildings was a big hit. We loved it.
Upon booking, I knew this place was off the beaten path. I wasn't disappointed. Even though both houses were a throwback to the 70's, it added a certain charm that is difficult to find. The fishing was superb, and we went during a cooler period in the summer. The fly fishing was slower than I would have liked, but there were still plenty to catch other ways. The average size of the fish was astonishing ranging from 8" up to 22" with the majority being in the 17" range. All the fish were very healthy and well fed. The daily bald eagle fly by was a nice bonus. Definitely a place to look into if you like to catch big trout and enjoy spending time in solitude. No complaints.
This area is very interesting. Our 3 generation family of 7 was very comfortable. a lovely view from the dining table. The kids loved the games provided. It was exciting seeing an eagle cruise the river several times.
However we would certainly recommend a 4 wheel drive vehicle for accessing the place. There had been rain and the drive was deeply rutted.
In the info sent a week before it was noted there was no potable water and it would have to be brought in. The Conoco station in Saratoga kindly allowed us to fill our jugs from its outside tap.
There was no TV and no dishwasher as the listing said.
The place was clean enough for a fishing camp but perhaps below standards for other use.
There was a $50 a person river access fee for any number over 4.
Our primary activity was hiking in the Snowy Range. Three of us fished.
Dinner at the Wolf Hotel in Saratoga is always good. As are the Hot Springs.
This would be an excellent fishing camp.
The ranch was excellent and especially the guide who was also taking care of the property was very friendly and helpfull... Everything was available ... Our hunting trip went very good and we really enjoyed it... I will specially say thank you very much to the owner of the property she was very nice ...in short we loved it...
After 2 perfect days of fishing, swimming, and relaxing at this gorgeous property, our group of 7 all agreed that we will be coming back to the Fishing Ranch! The property offers stunning views, fantastic access to the river, and all the comforts one needs while vacationing in a truly unique Wyoming location. The ranch is somewhat remote, so be sure to bring all the consumables you anticipate you will need (trust me, you won't want to leave to go pick up some milk and eggs). Also advisable is a vehicle with some clearance for traveling on the ranch roads. Our stay was much to short; next time will be longer!