|Minimum Stay||1 - 7 nights|
** Time to reserve for spring and summer 2017! Please contact me directly for the applicable rates as quote system may not be accurate. 2017 rates will be the same as 2016 rates. As always, it's best to CALL or SEND A MESSAGE rather than click Instant Quote. I usually respond within minutes. If you don't get a response after 2 hours, please call. Also see us on Home Escape and search for Sandy Cove Lake House in Grand Isle, Vermont. It pays to book direct! VacationRentalsInVermont dot com **
Sandy Cove Lake House is an easily accessible home with a master suite on the first floor and all doorways but the pantry doorway are 36" wide on first floor. There are large living spaces on both floors.
Sandy Cove Lake House takes advantage of our magnificent lake and NY Adirondack Mountain views -- big windows plus many comfortable seating areas outside. Beautiful sunsets every evening!
Our property has plenty of space for your vehicles and any trailers you might be towing. So feel free to bring your equipment whatever the season -- snowmobiles, boats, kayaks, etc.
There's fun all year round on the lake. In the winter, you'll want to bring your ice fishing gear, snowshoes and x-country skis. In the summer, you'll want your fishing poles, kayaks and canoes with you.
Spring through Fall, you'll want your bicycle. We're right on the Lake Champlain Bikeway.
You can rent boats, kayaks, ice skates, paddle boards, bicycles, etc, locally as well.
We'll have the dock out for your use all summer long. It's there when you want to swim, fish, sun bathe or tie up the boat!
After a day on the lake, take a refreshing warm water shower in our outdoor private shower. The watering can shower head adds a fun touch!
Sandy Cove Lake House has cable TV (network channels, PBS and HBO) and Internet service (wired and wireless.)
We also provide a land line phone -- calls can be made within the 48 contiguous United States and Quebec, Canada.
The ping pong table and croquet set can keep the family actively occupied!
We'll provide all the basics:
* Bed linens, pillows and blankets
* Bath towels, hand towels
* Kitchen towels
* Household products: Paper towels, napkins, tissue, toilet paper, coffee filters, trash can liners.
* Soaps: Bar soaps, liquid hand soap, shampoo, dish soap, dishwasher tablets
* Food items: Salt, pepper, and other spices, oil, vinegar and sugar packets.
* Matches and fire wood for the outdoor fire bowl.
We have the appliances and kitchen tools...even the ones that you didn't think you'd need:
* Dual oven flat top range
* Side-by-side 36" frig with ice and filtered water in the door. Ice maker, YEAH!
* Dishwasher - the machine, not a person!
* Microwave -- one on each floor
* Beverage frig -- one on each floor (freezer in mini-frig on 2nd floor)
* Blender, beater, toaster
* Coffee brewer on first floor and Keurig on second floor (extra brewer in pantry if you really need it on second floor.)
* Coffee bean grinder
* Ice Cream Maker! Make your own frozen treats. We have egg-free recipes at the house too.
You'll find the HE washer and dryer in the full-size laundry room. There's also an ironing board and iron at the house.
Our local grocery store is just 2 miles away. Plus there are Farmer's Markets twice a week within 10 miles and several farm stands in the area (seasonal).
We have a variety of dining options within 15 minutes drive. We'll provide you a list so you know which you'll need to make reservations and which you can visit while wearing your beach clothes!
There are regular events held throughout the year in and around the Champlain Islands. We'll provide you a list so you can make plans.
You can visit most of the following attractions within an hour's drive...and some are just a little further away:
* Burlington, VT - Church Street Marketplace
* Burlington Segways
* Magic Hat Brewery
* Shelburne Museum
* Vermont Teddy Bear Factory
* Smuggler's Notch (skiing, hiking, picnicking)
* Stowe Mountain Resort (skiing, hiking, gondola ride)
* Trapp Family Lodge and Restaurant (dining and x-country skiing)
* Cold Hollow Cider Mill
* Cabot Cheese Outlet
* Lake Champlain Chocolates (Waterbury and Burlington)
* Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory
You'll need a passport to cross to Canada for these attractions:
* Parc Safari - Drive through safari, amusement park and water park
* Montreal Biodome
* Montreal Insectarium
* Montreal Botanical Gardens
* Montreal Casino
* Old Montreal
* Bell Centre - sporting and music venue
There are many other nearby attractions that we'll bring to your attention so that you can plan before you arrive.
Our home cannot be used as an event venue.
*** Please contact me directly so you can learn of the discounts I offer. It pays to book direct! ***
Andy and Susan have lived in Grand Isle since 2011. Susan works a part-time schedule from home. Andy is a jack of all trades always looking for new adventure.
Susan VacationRentalsInVermont.com purchased this house in 2012
My husband and I love living in the Champlain Islands. We came to know the area from spending summers at our cottage in North Hero over 6 years ago. Since moving to Grand Isle permanently just a couple of years later, we've come to realize the beauty of winter on the lake. Even just watching the wildlife is mesmerizing. I still get excited when I see a bald eagle standing on the ice or perched high in a tree!
You just can't beat westward facing lake front on a large bay on Lake Champlain. Every sunset is different! And the Adirondacks offer a spectacular backdrop. Make sure you have plenty of space on your camera for all the photos you're bound to take.
Even if you've exhausted yourself with outdoor fun, just sitting inside this comfortable home and watching others play on the lake, be it frozen or open water, it's truly relaxing.
We stayed for 10 days in February 2016 . The house is very clean and spacious . The kitchen
has everything that you need . There are two tv areas , upstairs and down . Both rooms have great views of the lake . The home is about 30 mins from Burlington and the ferry to New York State is nearby . We visited lake placid , Stowe and made the trip into Canada , staying in Montreal for one night . The owners live next door and are on hand in an emergency , not that we had any . I would highly recommend this home . Big and in a beautiful location.
The house was absolutely beautiful. The ice fishing was great. We caught over 40 pike and 100 yellow pirch in 3 days. We will be reserving the house every year.
We had a great time! The house is beautiful and was fully stocked with everything we needed! The owner was great to work with and made the process seamless!
Thank you Susan for a wonderful vacation! Your house is beautiful and worked perfectly for our extended family get away. We were inspired for our own home renovation and definitely will consider coming back. Thanks also for the pizza night!
Our week on Lake Champlain was terrific. We have rented on lakes up and down the eastern seaboard and this rental was at or near the top of our list. The house is brand new, very welcoming and has a fantastic yard. Susan and Andy were very friendly and helpful, including a home-made ice cream surprise and a wood-oven pizza party. The house was better stocked than any house we have ever stayed at including little things like extra spices, cooking supplies, firewood and garbage bags. Susan and Andy make it a low stress trip by including things that are not normally included.
The location was fantastic, especially if you like watersports. The Gut is calm almost all the time and we could almost always find smooth water. The yard is fantastic for all sorts of activities (Kanjam, cornhole, nightly fires). The parking was more than ample for both our boat trailer and the cars with our kid's college friends who stopped by here and there.
Overall, this is an excellent place that we would highly recommend.
No words could describe the beauty of this lake front home! Owners Sue and Andy had thought of everything, from the smores materials for the fire pit to the luxurious double shower in the master bedroom. The kids loved the ping pong table, as well as the bunk beds and the local ice cream/petting zoo. There are many close by attractions such as Shelbourne Farms and the Vermont Teddy Bear Factory. Our boat was docked right in the backyard, which allowed us to fish several times a day. This spacious home is kid-friendly and parent-friendly; we would recommend it to anyone and hope to plan a vacation there again soon!
Enjoy lakefront vacationing any time of year. During the winter, spend the day skiing at several nearby resorts or put on your snowshoes or x-country skis and travel on the ice around The Gut. In the summer, walk right into the lake or paddle out in your kayak or canoe. There's a private dock for your use. Enjoy dinner at several local fine dining establishments or beer and pizza at McKee's. Or enjoy a meal in. After all, you'll want to eat that fresh fish you caught!
In the Accommodation and Amenities section below, the attractions and activities mentioned are all available within 15 minutes of our house.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Summer 2017 - early
27 May 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
1 night minimum stay
Independence week 2017
1 Jul 2017 - 8 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
Summer 2017 - later
9 Jul 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||A$335|
* No reservation is confirmed until a Security/Damage Deposit is received.
* Payment 1: Refundable Security/Damage Deposit.
* Payment 2: 50%+tax due 30 days in advance.
* Payment 3: 50%+tax due 14 days in advance.
* These payments proportions may be altered slightly by HomeAway.com if you choose to pay using their online system rather than paying by check.
* Rate includes bed sheets and bath towels for 10 guests while at the house. Please bring your own beach towels.
* VT Rooms Tax of 9% applies only to rental periods less than 30 days. The automatic quoting system may erroneously apply tax for 30+ day rental periods. The tax will NOT be applied at billing.
* Changeover days are either Saturday or Sunday during the summer rental periods offering you some flexibility. The week that includes Independence Day is charged a higher weekly rate.
* Changeover days outside of the summer season can be any day, but a 3-day minimum reservation is required.
* No pets
* No smoking in the home/garage or on any adjacent deck or patio. Please ensure all in your group are aware.
* The property must be left in the same state as you received it.
* Maximum numbers of guests, including visitors, is 10.
* No events on this property.
* A $250 refundable security/damage deposit is required. Any insurance program offered is presented by HomeAway.com and not me. Please read the fine print. FYI....You can find traveler's insurance elsewhere too.
* Payment by personal or bank check is appreciated. Credit card payment is not required as the automated billing may lead you to believe. Unfortunately, using online payments will result in an additional charge to you directly from HomeAway/VRBO. They call it a "service fee." You can avoid this service fee when making payments directly to me by check.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.