|Minimum Stay||4 - 7 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Completely renovated and redesigned with high end eco-friendly finishes for the luxury traveler with decidedly modern flair, this immaculate cottage offers you five-star luxuries in a quiet location just 1/2 block to Avenida de la Playa's fine restaurants and shops. (Should this cottage be booked for your dates, please see its sister cottage, HomeAway 3556691 )
• Best location in LJ Shores: JUST off the beaten path in quiet residential area 1/2 block to shops, restaurants, and about two blocks to the beach.
• One-car garage parking. (mid-size car)
• "Heavenly" beds with highest quality cotton bedding, feather beds, and blackout shades for easy sleep.
Secluded entry patio with its umbrella-topped table for dining al fresco.
• Outdoor shower
• Fire bowl in a completely secluded patio for easy evening conversation.
• Wifi , Flat panel HDTVs with extended cable offerings in living room and bedroom suites
• Perfect floorplan with bedrooms set at opposite ends of the living areas, each opening to the private back patio
• Fountains, gorgeous night lighting, sun loungers and wall sculpture.
Walk just steps to Barbarella, The Shorehouse or up the beach to Caroline's for breakfast, and enjoy the finest dining at every hour all along Avenida de la Playa, as well as kayak, bike, paddleboard and surfboard rentals and lessons.
We provide the beach chairs and towels-- you provide the free-spirited fun!
**We offer a strictly non-smoking environment and invite discerning travelers who will appreciate and care for our property as if it were their own. Please do not inquire for larger groups, large dogs or for stays less than one week... And I'm sorry, we do not discount. Ever. (And I do so hate having to say 'no' to you!)
- One week minimum, four persons maximum. (Yes, babies, toddlers and kids are people, too!)
Enjoy spacious floor plan with two separated en suite bedrooms and two private outdoor living areas with beautiful furnishings:
- Top quality new 'Heavenly ' beds: one Cali king bed plus two twins (or a king) with luxury linens, featherbeds, fine down and down-alternative pillows.
- Large PRIVATE courtyard patio with gorgeous evening lighting, fire bowl, water feature fountains, barbecue, plus private fenced entry patio with table, chairs and umbrella... (Patios are yours alone)
- Free high-speed WiFi
- New, fully-stocked kitchen with laundry, new baths, new plumbing, electrical, and HVAC
- Flat screen HD TVs with fully extended cable offerings
- Gas Fireplace
- Beach chairs, beach towels
- Shared garage parking for one car in two-car garage
- 3 blocks to the sands of La Jolla Shores, two to La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club
- Our to-the-studs renovation was carefully designed with top-of-the-line eco-responsible materials including stylish recycled concrete and glass flooring, backsplash and countertops, dimmable LED lighting, lo-flow wc, and brand new energy-efficient appliances.
We are avid five-star travelers who appreciate that your holidays are precious and know the qualities necessary for a luxurious vacation stay. Greg has been one of La Jolla's top real estate brokers for over 35 years and Marilyn works as his Marketing Associate-- and we are dedicated to ensuring you an upscale experience in our La Jolla Shores home.
Located just around the corner from La Jolla Shores Village's best restaurants and the beach, this mid-century modern gem was ready for a full renovation. A duplex attached by a wall joining two patios, the two one-level cottages are bright, open and new, new, new throughout. Seamless indoor-outdoor living in a superb location!
- Lovely, private outdoor living areas
- Exquisite interiors
- Fantastic, quiet location in the heart of La Jolla Shores
- Bright, open interiors with new everything
We enjoyed our stay in this house well suited to a small family. It is very nicely appointed, comfy beds, and very clean. Also, it is well located, close to a shops, restaurants and the beach. Owners are very easy to work with and very accommodating.
We had a brilliant stay at the cottage. Marylyn and Greg are the kindest people you can rent from. My wife and I absolutely loved every aspect about our stay. Location is the best if you enjoy La Jolla Shores.
We had such an amazing time staying in La Jolla and could not have found a more perfect location and beautiful home to spend our week. From the moment we arrived I couldn't believe how tucked away we were but only steps from fabulous restaurants, cafe's, fun bars and minutes to the beach. It was a perfect set up for my family (Children 12 & 9). We spent nights around the fire pitt or inside playing games by the fire. It was so relaxing we didn't want to leave. Marilyn and Greg were brilliant at sorting out any of our needs and were so helpful and welcoming. The house has everything you need for a perfect beach holiday with all the added luxuries. We can't stress enough how handy it was being able to walk to the beach everyday and play in the waves, come back to the outside shower to get ride of the sand and get warm by the fire. All the beds were SO comfortable and the house had everything we needed and more.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful home, we will be back!
Scott & Kat
Great location right near the beach and shops. Very clean. We have a 2 year old and 4 year old and there was plenty of space for them to play in enclosed yards.
This home is very well appointed with many upgrades and is perfectly located in the heart of La Jolla shores. The home is in immaculate condition and the owners have obviously paid very close attention to detail. The kitchen is modern and has all the necessities including professional kitchen quality appliances. The family room is nicely decorated with modern touches while still being warm and comfortable. The bedrooms are spacious for a vacation cottage and all three areas of the house (master and guest bedroom and family room) open onto the open courtyard. The courtyard boasts a fireplace, grill and water feature. The rental comes with a parking spot in a private garage that is also stocked with standard beach toys such as body boards and sand toys for the kids. The home is secure with numeric key code locks that you can customize to your own code. When we arrived we were greeted with a bottle of wine, nice note, and even beach snacks! We had one small issue with an appliance but the owner had it fixed immediately. In summary - this is an A+ property and perfect if you're looking for an upgraded vacation home just 1 min walk from restaurants and 5 min walk to the beach. We would definitely stay there again.
We spent an absolutely fantastic week at Marilyn's cottage. It is really well equipped - everything from an outdoor shower to a fire pit - and everything else in between. Start and end every day perfectly :-)
The cottage is just minutes walk from the beach, shops and restaurants. It's close to all major roads in and out of town so location-wise, ideal in all respects.
Marilyn is SUPER attentive to any communications so a very easy booking process. Having made our reservation months ago we were looking forward to our holiday for a long time, and after such a great break, we will remember it for years to come.
Without reservation I highly recommend this cottage. It is perfect for a couple or - like us - small family (two boys aged 5 & 6).
If you are looking for a clean, well appointed, modern accommodation - this is very likely just what you need.
La Jolla is world renowned for its scenic beauty and vibrant cultural community... Enjoy the beach, golf, La Jolla Playhouse's Tony-award winning productions, Museum of Modern Art San Diego, Sea World, Birch Aquarium, surf, sunsets, and sea!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
25 May 2017 - 5 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||A$1,302|
Rates are exclusive of 11.05% tax and city fees plus $200 cleaning fee, which goes directly to our hard-working cleaning crew.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.