|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
A piece of history, Jomaro Beach House is a traditional teak house from the island of Java and this particular one dates back to 1925. The property has a bit of the pirate feel to it and there is plenty of bounty to be had! It is ideal for families as it is for couples, newly weds or a group of close friends.
Jomaro is located in NE Bali and lies in a secluded spot jostled between coconut trees, jungle and the ocean right at your front door! The surrounding area is a quite peaceful fishing village and the locals are delightful, kind and helpful.
This part of Bali is home to some of the oldest Bali Aga villages, settlements that were not influenced by the customs brought to Bali from the Javanese courts. Some of these settlements were originally ancient trading posts with India, China, and beyond as long ago as the first century A.D.
DINING: You may ask the housekeeper's mother to cook your meals of traditional Balinese food. There are daily catches of fresh fish or you may wish to dine next door at the healing centre which has a reasonably priced menu. Home cooked meals are by request so please check as the family also has their temple obligations and cannot always prepare meals for guests.
SWIMMING: Right in front of your door is the Indian Ocean.
This is especially lovely at the Jomaro as the moon rises over the ocean, making the full moon especially romantic for those on honeymoons.
DOLPHIN SPOTTING: Can be arranged the cost is around Rp300.000 (US30) for a 2 hour trip. Pak Mega the guide is also a fisherman and you can buy tuna or other fish from hi.
LES SACRED WATERFALL: The sacred waterfall is around 15min away and is a must see site.
DIVING: There are various dive sites in the area.
CEREMONIES: This is the Island of the Gods so many ceremonies throughout the year. The staff can let you know what's going on.
MIND - BODY - SOUL: There are regular yoga and meditation in the surround area as well spa treatments with one of our staff.
WINDSURFING: If you have your own gear you can windsurf in this area.
SNORKELLING: You can snorkel right in front of the property and snorkel gear can be rented out next door.
HAND PHONES: You can bring your phones as you can purchase SIM cards and get a local number for around $3 dollars including credit.
DIVING: Coral rehabilitation and other sustainable marine conservation area.
CHILDREN: If you have come as family and want a bit of time just the two of you, our house keeper Komang, can look after your children and teach them how to make temple offerings out of coconut leaves.
CAR RENTAL: If you want to get around the island a car can be arranged for hire with or without a driver.
Sound like home?....we thought not.
NB: Please be aware that during rainy season the internet may temporarily be unavailable or connection low.
House Rules: 1. As this is property is made entirely of wood it is not permitted to smoke inside the house. Outside is fine.
2. Candles are strictly not allowed.
3. No loud parties or loud music that disturbs the natural ambiance of the village.
4. The maid service is from 8am - 4pm Mon-Sat. In some circumstances the housekeeper may have temple obligations with her village and she must attend these in keeping with local traditions so please understand this.
5. If you are eating at the restaurant next door or taking massages, bills must be paid immediately as Jomaro is not connected in any way with the retreat centre other than they allowing Jomaro guests permission to use their facilities.
6. Books and DVD's are for your enjoyment and should not be removed from the premises when you leave as they are for future guests and friends to enjoy.
7. All bookings require a US$100 refundable deposit against missing or broken items at time of check out. If there is anything in the house that you would like to purchase such as the beach towels we do have them for sale, please ask Komang. Snorkel masks etc are not for sale and will be charged if taken at check out time.