|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Lake is a short walk through the backyard. Lake is full as of February 9, 2017.
We rent to prom parties on a case by case basis.
Tranquil and gorgeous views from all the bedrooms, the living room and one kitchen.
There are 4 bedrooms with privacy doors and closets [3 on the 2nd floor, 1 in basement] and the other beds are in open areas. There are closets in open areas also.
Max. of 5 single beds in common spaces can be selected thru the airbnb pictures of bed types. However, I have 8 single beds including two pull out trundles. There are two single air mattresses and one floor mattress that could be made available. But please ask first
There are 4.5 bathrooms (two with whirlpool tubs), One available kitchen with standard major appliances. The second kitchen in the basement can be used for an additional cleaning charge of $20, and is not as modern and nice as the first kitchen.
The use of the standalone upright freezer in the main kitchen, second refrigerator, second dishwasher in the basement etc. will be dependent upon us explicitly talking about this after you book. The house has hardwood floors. No wall to wall carpeting. But some area rugs.
Two decks [one is about 600 sq. ft], large Gas BBQ grill with one additional gas cylinder included with no extra charge.
The House Sleeps 24, specifically:
Master bedroom - 1 King [sleeps 2] &
1 trundle bed with two twin mattress [sleeps 2]
Bedroom 2: 1 Queen [sleeps 2]
Bedroom 3: 1 Queen [sleeps 2]
First Floor Open family room & living room area [No doors separating each bed]:
3 twin beds [sleeps 3]
1 Comfortable double Futon [sleeps 2]
[The followings could be made available ONLY upon prior request & additional fee]
1 twin pullout sofa [sleeps 1]
2 single air mattress [sleeps 2]
1 Queen pullout sofa [sleeps 2]
1 IKEA FOAM Floor mattress [sleeps 2]
1 Queen bed [sleeps 2] in a separate bedroom with privacy door and attached bath
In open common area in the basement with no privacy doors
1 Twin bed [sleeps 1]
2 twin trundle beds with pull out trundles underneath [sleeps 4]. Please note that the trundle mattresses are little shorter in width from the normal twin size and therefore more appropriate for slim people and or youth.
So that you can enjoy the nature views, there are no curtains or window treatments on the wood side windows [e.g., in family room, master bedroom, basement window etc.]. Privacy is not an issue in these wooded areas because there are no houses on that side. Bring an eye cover if you want to sleep in the dark.
Cable TV, music system, hi speed internet access.
For large groups, with advance notice, we can also do catering.
The garage, and about 15% of basement space will not be accessible by short term guests. There is an exercise bike. A desktop with wifi access is available in the master bedroom in , as is, without tech support.
I have a contract with a local snow removal company to clean the front stoops, landscape stairs and three car parking space on the side of the street in front of the house [EXCLUDING the large and steep driveway]. Depending on the severity of the snow and the company's priority, SNOW CLEANING MAY BE DELAYED. Thus, I have no control over the timing of the cleaning and inconvenience if any should be excused. This situation happened once in my three years of renting. Please note that during snow days we park our cars on the street and use the landscaped staircase [as shown in photos] to go up and down. FOR THEIR SAFETY GUESTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DRIVE DOWN THE STEEP DRIVEWAY DURING SNOW. Please watch the forecast and park your car on the street if there is snow in the forecast.
Streets are cleared promptly by the association at least in the part I live in. There is no such thing as "snow route" from my home to the exit gate. During snow days if more cars need to be parked guests have the option to clean suitable spaces for cars beyond three OR park the car in the clubhouse approximately one mile away from my home.
Please inform Security personnel if you park your car in the clubhouse. Please don't park the car beyond the white line on the street even if it is not visible.
(1) Guest will NOT have access to the garage and some places/ closet in the basement.
(2) Unless an essential equipment [such as dishwasher or the refrigerator] in the first floor kitchen is unusable guests are NOT allowed to use the second kitchen in the basement and/or any equipment therein. My property manager must promptly be informed of any such situation and get approval from her before using the second kitchen in the basement open area.
(3) Guest will have access to Two decks [one 600 sq.ft], a gas BBQ grill, with an additional gas cylinder at NO EXTRA CHARGE, an exercise bike, a regulation size ping pong table, a 12 in 1 multi game table, a metal fire pit to [make smores] with metal seatings around it, several plastic outdoor chairs, & two portable folding table [available on request] for outdoor dining.
(4) Swimming pools and whirlpools are available at the clubouse when a life guard is present.
(5) There is an in-home library containing our collection of books on wide variety of subjects. Guests are welcome to read them with a little TLC and return at the proper place. If you can't finish a book please do come back and finish it during your next visit.
(6) I will provide 6 FREE amenity passes with which guests can have free access to all amenities of the association except the ski lift.
Additional passes can be purchased. Please ask for details before booking.
(7) The association’s gorgeous property includes four full-size outdoor swimming pools, two indoor pools, two kiddie pools, three whirlpool spas, nine tennis courts, two basketball courts, a beach, a fishing pond near the Main Office, a walking trail, a racquetball court, a fitness center with a weight room, a volleyball court, two playgrounds (for ages 12-and-under), an after-school game room that holds children’s arts & crafts programs throughout the summer months, and a regulation-sized baseball field.
(8) Use of some amenities provided by our community may need advance reservation.
(9) In the winter, Saw Creek’s Ski Hill offers an exhilarating down-hill skiing experience - complete with lessons and rentals. Extra charges apply. With advance notice, I can arrange this. A sleigh riding slope provides an extra measure of winter fun.
(10) Saw Creek’s on-site dining facilities can be enjoyed at the Top of the World Restaurant.
(11) Outside of Saw Creek, guests will find nearby horseback riding, golf, local resorts, outdoor markets, and even a casino just a short drive away in the magnificent Pocono Mountains. Skiers are thrilled to discover that they are just miles from the Shawnee and Camelback slopes.
(12) The gated community [with security patrol] provides the same level of security as a hotel.
(13) COMPLIMENTARY STARTER SUPPLIES: a few small soaps, TWO GARBAGE BAGS, TWO ROLLS OF toilet paper IN EACH BATHROOM, some dishwashing detergent, a small bottle of dish liquid, ONE ROLL OF paper towel, a small cord of firewood for the firepit, one attached & another extra propane cylinder for the BBQ grill. There are nearby supermarkets, and for an additional charge, we can stock up supplies you want.Our property manager will do the check-in and walk through the place with you guys. The doors have digital locks with code.
Once you make the reservation you can contact the property manager or one of the owners by phone, or text.
However, this is not a hotel and the property manager is not available 24/7.
Retired Administrative Engineer of New York City Transit. My wife Tapati is an Accountant and retired from US Civil service. Local property managers and our family help manage the rental.
Sukhendu Bhattacharyya purchased this house in 2007
Lakefront- Lake recently redrained and NOT in full capacity.
Secluded Saw Creek Estates
Gated w Security
Indoor pools, gym, and tennis
Elegant, made 2007
Open floor plan
Sleeps 20 in beds. Another 4-6
Two decks [1=~600 sqft)
6 Free platinum passes
Amenities: 2 indoor pools, 2 kiddie pools, 3 whirlpool spas, Gym ~85 miles to NYC
~8.5 miles to Shawnee
A few critical items [e.g., whirlpool tub, fire place, kitchen & appliances therein etc.] are in duplicate and therefore, failure of any will avoid repair during your stay and yet not have adverse effect on your enjoyment.
Close to shopping, flea market, movie, restaurants yet located in a quiet, peaceful community and away from the hustle 'n' bustle of the city. A casino and outlet mall are about 45 minute drive.
24/7 security with periodic patrol. Lots of amenities and a nice restaurant is within the community. Please visit www.sawcreek.org for details.
A group of friends rented this house for a long weekend. This was our second year in a row renting this house and wouldn't want to rent any other house. The house was in great shape when we got there and the owner/property manager were an absolute pleasure to work with. There are enough beds for everyone to sleep comfortably, ping pong table for fun, and fire pit with enough seating for everyone. Do yourself a favor and rent this house for your next getaway!
A group of friends and I had a reunion at this location for the weekend. There was ample space for sleeping and hanging out. The house was very clean when we arrived and the property manager was lovely to deal with. The game room was a favorite of ours and the fire pit was a nice touch. I would definitely recommend staying here for a family or friend reunion!
We had a fantastic long weekend at this beautiful property. Elegantly furnished and immaculately maintained, with plenty of space for our guests as well as us. The owners were also kind enough to provide passes for access to community facilities. We hope to return later in the season for skiing.
There were a group of 20 of us driving in from Manhattan. The property manager was nice to deal with. She cleaned the place well. The views from the backyard, especially the lake was spectacular. We also enjoyed the game room!
My family and I enjoyed our stay in the Bushkill, PA home of Sukhendu and Tapatio in July of 2014 (!) so much that we are returning this summer (in 2015 we celebrated my father-in-law's 90th birthday in North Carolina). We 7 adults and 4 children had a great vacation in the Poconos; the house was perfect to accommodate all of us—and there was room for more people.
The house is not only spacious but also well-appointed. There were some minor problems, which the Bhattacharyyas or their representative(s) dealt with as soon as possible when contacted. For example, we were granted access (for no extra charge) to the other kitchen when there was an issue with a heating element on the main kitchen stove. Having 4 bathrooms was a definite plus.
The 6 FREE amenity passes were nice to have and were usually sufficient. We bought some additional ones at a reasonable price. There were other activities that members of my family enjoyed nearby.
The graciousness of the owners and their interest in us, however, was the thing we appreciated--and appreciate--the most. We look forward to meeting them!
Our group was a family with kids. We stayed december 21, 23. The property was as advertised and very clean.
The property managers were very knowledgeable and easy to deal with.
The house is in a 24/7 secured gated community named Sawcreek Estates [www.sawcreek.org]. The Delaware river is about six miles away.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Friday
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 12 guests; add A$33 per night, per additional guest|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||A$260|
NO SMOKING, NO PET. Sleeps 18
1st Floor: All beds on the 1st floor are placed in the open family/living room area - no separating doors between them. 2 Twin beds, 2 pull out Twin sofa bed.
Weekly rates are either from Friday to Friday or Sunday to Sunday.
2nd Floor: 3 bedrooms : 1 king, 2 queen beds
Basement: 1 twin platform bed, 1 queen pull out sofa bed.
There is one single air mattress, 1 IKEA double size foam mattress [no box spring]can be placed anywhere.
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.