|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Retreat to the country on a scenic hill country farm and enjoy the comforts of the recently renovated, 3 bedroom farm cottage.
The warm, sunny house is a great place to come back to after a day on the mountain. Located 40 mins from Turoa Ski Area and 55 mins from Whakapapa Ski Area. 10 minutes from Raetihi and 20 from Ohakune. Enjoy your evenings in front of a roaring log fire, soak in the luxurious claw bath or sip wine on the veranda overlooking the garden alive with native bird life.
By prior arrangement whilst booking you can arrange a tour of the sheep and beef farm. This may involve:
- A motorbike trip to the top of the property (920mtrs above sea level) to admire the amazing vista of the Waimarino Plateau and, on a clear day, stunning views of the three major North Island volcanoes
- A demonstration of the dog team?s skills mustering sheep
- A visit through the ancient 50 metre lime stone cave - in which glow worms are often visible
However the rural setting doesn?t mean you have forego the comforts of home. SKY TV (including SKY Sport and SKY Movies) is available for your enjoyment. There is also prepaid wifi available for purchase.
Other attractions in the area include:
- ?The Bridge to Nowhere? tours
- Kayaking and jet boating on the Whanganui River
- The Old Coach Road walk and cycle-way
- Brown and Rainbow trout fishing on the Manganuioteao River
- Golfing at the Waimarino Golf Course
- Hiking the Tongaririo Crossing
- Wall climbing at National Park
Single night bookings can be booked for $200. Please contact us using the enquiry form below.
Extras: Linen (included); NOTE: Under Kiwi bach tradition you are expected to: Clean the house and do the dishes before you leave;
Quiet and scenic
fantastic place for our stay while going through nth Island.
good to have met with john who got us to the top of his expansive farm... a MUST DO!
Thanks John, for making our stay a memorable one.
We loved this cottage, it was very well maintained and very clean and welcoming.
Very comfortable and warm. Beautiful location. Will definitely be back!!
The property is very neat, tidy & modern. There is always a fire lit before we enter. The rooms have heaters and high quality linen so it's very warm & cozy. The beds are very comfy as well. The grounds are extensive with beautiful views & walking tracks. The cottage is situated far enough from the main house that you can be noisey without disturbing anyone. We absolutely love this home away from home. Simply the best.
Traditional homestead in special location, with everything well set up. Cosy thanks to powerful log-burner and plenty of firewood. We were looked after very well and had a great stay. Worth staying longer than just a few days.
Very nice cottage, very tidy and warm. The fire was burning for four days very cosy. Well equipped kitchen. Nice quiet location. Great walks on massive farm. Lovely hosts that live down the road.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
27 Feb 2017 - 31 Dec 2017
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rate applies for up to 2 people. NZ$35.00/adult and NZ$20.00/child for extra occupants.|