|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
- An excellent location, convenient to many activities and attractions.
- Tastefully decorated, comfortable. Extra attention paid to amenities to make our guests feel at home.
- Single level living. Wheel chair accessible.
- The home will sleep 3 in two beds, and can accommodate up to 4 guests with one guest sleeping on a sofa bed.
-The first bedroom has a queen size bed which sleeps two. The second bedroom with a twin size bed. The living room sofa converts to a full bed for fourth guest.
- Large living room area with beautiful views & direct access to ground level deck.
- Modern kitchen, fully stocked with everything you need for cooking.
- Large dining area with a dining table that accommodates meals and games.
- Our tap water comes from a deep glacial well that tests so pure, & drinkable.
- Board games and books provided.
- High Speed WiFi internet. Good signal.
- BluRay DVD player with nice movie library.
- Satellite TV.
- iPod Music Dock. Bring your own music.
- Large bathroom with walk-in shower - two shower heads. Shower has a 12" step-in. Handicap persons will need assistance. (Shower chair provided upon request). Handicap accessible toilet with grab bar. Sink is a cabinet sink.
- Utility Room with washer/dryer/utility sink.
- Outdoor gas grill with deck seating and picnic table.
- Ground level backyard deck with afternoon shade.
- Outdoor fire pit for cooking and/or fireside time. Firewood for 1-2 fires provided.
- Large, open field with gorgeous views for pet exercise or strolling.
- 30 minutes to Yellowstone Park north entrance. YNP's only year round entrance.
- 5 minutes to 24-hour gas, atm, groceries, saloons, restaurants.
- 5 minutes to hot springs resort and hot springs pool.
- 5 minutes to non-denominational church.
- 15 minutes to Wilderness area and public national forest.
- We require a 60-day cancellation notice before any return of any payments made. It is extremely difficult to re-book a cancellation with less than 60-day notice.
The original town of Pray was founded in 1909. Barbara has lived at Pray, MT since 2007. Before this, she lived on the family ranch in Paradise Valley and Shields Valley. Barbara was a Wilderness Ranger for over 15 years and can provide many insights into the many recreational opportunities that this area has to offer.
Barbara Timms purchased this house in 1954
The Town of Pray, MT has been in Barbara's family since 1954. Her late husband's grandmother and his mother were long-term Postmasters of the Town and ran the country store. Upon losing prominent family members in 2006-7, Barbara felt she needed to move back to Pray in order to rejuvenate the town and preserve the history of the town. Barbara has enjoyed the area immensely and the local residents have expressed their appreciation for her 'bringing the town back.
- Our single level, wheelchair accessible residence makes it so simple to enjoy for those with limited mobility, and those who just like to whole convenience of not packing groceries up stairs!
-Leave your bottled water at home as our tap water comes from a deep glacial well and tests pure with trace minerals that are good for your body. We test it twice a year and file the results with our county sanitarian.
- Having a real U.S. Post Office next door makes this a genuine Town! Mail your postcards and get them stamped by our Postmaster from Pray, MT!
-We provide a fire pit and firewood for those starry nights when you want to roast a hot dog or sit by a fire.
-Our pet friendly atmosphere ensures your beloved pets have a great vacation too!
- The views of the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness area from Pray, the proximity to Yellowstone Park, and Chico Hot Springs, and the benefit of being at a cross road location, means you can get to all these places conveniently from the residence.
- 30 minute drive to the north entrance of Yellowstone National Park. This is the only year round entrance to the Park, so winter activities abound here also.
- 5 minute drive to a world class hot springs resort, several restaurants, gift shops, espresso shop, 24-hr gas, groceries, saloons, churches, bakery, car wash, Yellowstone River.
-Being within 15 minutes of over 1,000,000 acres of public land makes it so convenient for outdoor enthusiasts who want to hike, fish, picnic, exercise your pets, over take a leisurely drive through beautiful forested land.
Comment by guests left in guest book: Our week here gave our family memories we will cherish all our lives. Your nightly rates were wonderful, but our time here was priceless! Thank you for helping us feel at home away from home, and for all the extra supplies. God bless you and may all who stay here be reminded of and refreshed by the beautiful world in which we live. Thank you sincerely, Paul, Meaghan, Austin, Claire and Baby
Just me and my little dog were traveling to see friends. I needed some place that allowed my dog, didn't have a bunch of stairs, a loft I had to climb into to sleep, miles of gravel to drive down, or a tiny kitchen to cook in. I took a chance on this place and I am glad I did.
Thank you for a wonderful place and allowing an old man such a comfortable place to call my temporary home. I look forward to staying here again.
Stayed for 6 nights August 2016 and we had a great time. The house was perfect and has everything you would need and so clean.... Wonderful views of the mountains from the back garden. Easy access to Gardiner and the north entrance to Yellowstone. Also, Chico Hot Springs is just 5 minutes away.
Would stay again if in the area.
Thanks for sharing your lovely home.
We would confirm other guests' reviews of the property as a home away from home. All our requirements were met even down to fresh ground coffee. On opening the door we immediately felt at home. The layout of the home was excellent for the mobility of our wheelchair bound son and the provision of a shower chair for him deserves a special mention.
The access to Yellowstone NP north entrance was a short extremely photogenic drive through the beautiful Paradise Valley along the Yellowstone River. We could have spent a much longer time in the property and can recommend it most warmly to others visiting Yellowstone National Park.
This place was great!!!! I rent a lot of homes through VRBO and this had to be one of the best equipped homes I've ever stayed in! It was very well maintained and you could tell the owner really thought about traveler needs and how to make them most comfortable.
We were visiting Yellowstone while staying there and the drive to the park each day was a beautiful one. We also took a side trip to Bozeman to visit the Museum of the Rockies - well worth it for our 6 year old boy. Lots of dinosaur bones!
We had a fantastic time staying at this property. The view is fantastic and the grass area in the back was great for playing in the evening. Our little family of three was quite comfortable here and enjoyed our time immensely! I would recommend this place to anyone! A big thanks to Barbara for supplying such a wonderful rental for our family!
Clean, very comfortable, stylish decor, roomy, and greatly convenient to everything we wanted to do. What more could I ask for?
We brought our old dog who really appreciated the single level living, and the ground level deck, as well as the large field off the back yard to play in and chase gophers.
I loved the roomy shower with the dual heads and being able to drink the tap water as it came from a deep well and was cold and delicious.
My wife appreciated how clean everything was and the amazingly well stocked kitchen.
We could tell a big effort was made to provide a clean, well stocked environment for us. We truly felt we were staying in a home away from home.
I would stay here again and would recommend it to our family and friends.
What a nice surprise to find that we had all of the conveniences that we enjoy in our own home with the added benefit of an amazing view out of the living area windows and the backyard deck, and the convenience of being so close to all kinds of recreational activities and entertainment. A real vacation treat!
The wireless internet service and cell coverage was nice, as well as a satellite TV with a wide range of programs, a reading library, a DVD movie library, board games, and an iPod dock. We also enjoyed an outdoor BBQ grill and a fire pit. There was a large field off the backyard for our use also so it felt very spacious.
The home was very nicely decorated and extremely comfortable. Everything we needed could be found in cupboards, closets, and drawers. The travertine shower with two shower heads was a hit with my husband.
It was so nice that we ended up spending a day just hanging out at the home to rest up and enjoy our surroundings.
This is our fourth time staying at a vacation rental and this experience was by far our most enjoyable for the amount of money we spent per night. I would recommend this to anyone.
- World Famous Chico Hot Springs Resort is 5 minutes away! Offering you a public olympic-sized natural Hot Springs Pool, and so much more, in a beautiful setting!
- Yellowstone Park's north entrance is only a 30 minute drive.
- We also boast world Class Rock Climbing in Mill Creek drainage,15 minutes away. Also provides hiking access to theA-B Wilderness, picnicking, camping, backcountry drives, fishing.
- Gold panning on public land in Emigrant Gulch is 10 minutes away. Head to the cool woods for a picnic and perhaps find a few flakes of gold in the creek!
- Experience Yellowstone Park's finest, only 30 minutes away! Get an early start so you can beat the traffic and see wildlife moving across roadways in the morning hours!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
|One-time Cleaning Fee||A$132|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||A$263|
- A $200.00 damage deposit required. Refund is made in the form of payment that was received.
NO REFUND of ANY payments if cancelled less than 60 DAYS from check-in date. We require 60 days as most travelers have made their plans by then and it is difficult to re-book the residence if cancelled less than 60 days from check-in.