Pigeons Lodge is one of the well-known accommodation places on Great Barrier Island for very good reasons:-
* the hosts - Matt and Ann will make you feel welcome and comfortable from the first moment
* location - near to the wharf, just 13km from the airport, easy to get to
* ambiance - surrounded by bush and birds
* views - lie in bed and look out over the bay
* surrounds - set in two acres of towering native trees to explore
* activities - beaches, bush walks, kayaks, fishing, cycling - it's all here
* eateries - you are spoiled for choice from fish and chips on the beach to five-star dining within a four kilometre radius
* transport - rent a car or a bike (or both) to explore the island at your leisure
* housekeeping - our units are serviced every day or on request
Come and see for yourself, you won't be disappointed!
Smoking allowed outside only.
Extras: Cleaning (included); Linen (included);
Located near to shops, beaches, restaurants, cafes and pub with bush walks easily accessible.
Lovely chalets surrounded by bush, it feels like sleeping in the trees. I had a very nice stay.
Matt and his wife were very welcoming and helpful, providing us with advice and local recommendations. The accommodation was tidy and had all the necessities. Additional toiletries and welcome basket were thoughtful. The deck and lovely view were also a bonus! The property is gorgeous, very peaceful and relaxing! I would stay there again :)