|Minimum Stay||2 - 4 nights|
New to Coasting Home, "Home Port" [formerly called "Serendipity"] is anchored at the bluff overlooking sea stacks and boundless ocean. The bold prow-like living room design allows for captivating viewing. During daylight hours, the ocean's actions are always eye-catching, and you may also have sightings of osprey and raptors, pelicans, whales, sea lions, shore birds, deer, and more. At night when skies are clear the array of stars will be striking. Because of bluff location this home is suitable for adults only, and no pets.
The upstairs living room also has a wood burning fireplace, television, wind-protected deck with BBQ. There is a dining room between the living room and very well equipped kitchen. The master bedroom with king bed is very roomy, and there is a full bathroom. Downstairs are two bedrooms (one with queen bed, the other with two twins) and second bathroom with stall shower. There is also a den with TV, games and more amazing views! There are no laundry facilities here.
Just a short distance south of the renowned gated Island Cove, with its hiking trail down to a broad primitive beach surrounded by rugged offshore rocks. Unique and exclusive, this beach is not open to the public. Please be aware this area of the coast is protected and No AB Taking is allowed.
* Dog Allowed: No Pets
* Beach Access: I.C.E. car gate key
* View: White Water Ocean Views
* Satellite: Yes - DISH
* Internet Access: Yes ~ WIFI
This home was very nice and relaxing. The views from upstairs and from the hot tub were beautiful! The Private beach was a plus.
If you're looking for a romantic, adult only place to unplug, relax, all the while take in stunning views then this place is for you. My boyfriend (now fiancé) booked this place as a romantic weekend/proposal spot for us. The views were breathtaking, whether you were outside or inside, you will get amazing views of the ocean.
1. There's no internet (which we knew coming in) and cell network was really spotty (we had to drive into Gualala 10 min drive for any cell/data reception - we both had AT&T and Sprint) so if you do book here, come with maps/directions printed out, and itinerary of places to eat (or the house packet has a few recommendations we tried, which we liked).
2. The BBQ area and spa/hot tub are on two different places of the house. The ground level has the spa/hot tub, and the second floor deck has the covered bbq area. - It worked out okay since it was just the both of us, and we enjoyed the hot tub seperately from when we BBQed. If you are planning to bbq and have people enjoy the hot tub at the same time, they will have to dry themselves before walking through the house to get up to the second level deck.
3. Ticks. I know it's tick season and so being able to control that isn't really feasible, but we saw a few, especially in the grass area, making it difficult to walk out to the cliff without the fear of being bit. Whenever we were outside we made sure to do a quick tick check before coming into the house. So just a heads up.
1. VIEWS. YES. ALL THE VIEWS. Amazingly beautiful. Didn't matter if you were inside or outside.
2. The house itself. It felt like an ocean side property, decorated very nicely and felt super comfortable. It felt like we lived there. The house does sit next to two houses, but still felt pretty remote. (Although we did have a few strangers walk through the backyard a couple of times)
3. Lots of boardgames! So although we had no internet, or cell reception we had plenty to do. When we were done playing games, we'd watch tv, or sit in the hot tub, or take naps. SUPER relaxing.
4. The fireplace in the second floor living room was lovely. Also, there's two living rooms with two tv's. So if you have more than 2 people, plenty of living space.
5. Well stocked kitchen (even had spices!). Had plenty of things you would need to cook with or bake with.
Overall we would TOTALLY rent this property again - in a heartbeat! Next time we will have to bring more than 2 people.