|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
Our exclusive Penthouse apartment can be your home away from home. It comfortably fits large groups, so don't worry if traveling with family or friends. It's centrally located with easy access to different modes of transportation.
*4th fan room is not recommended if guests are not accustomed to hot Philippine weather
**If you need to accommodate more guests (over 10), please send us an inquiry
***Clothes that come out of the dryer will still be a bit damp, so please expect to have to hang your clothes to dry. We have a clothes line in our outdoor covered balcony & provide free use of hangers as well.
Located at the boundary between two of the most popular cities in the Metro (Makati and Manila), our neighborhood is in close proximity to both the modernity of the Makati Central Business District and the historical tradition of old Manila (where you can find tourist spots such as the Walled City of Intramuros, all our local museums, churches, and parks).
We love our neighborhood because it is close to everywhere one would like to go!
If you are coming from the airport, we suggest you take a taxi cab to our property. There are 3 kinds of taxis you can take from the airport. Metered Regular taxi (white), Metered Airport taxi (yellow), and Fixed Price Coupon taxi. Once you book with us, we will send you complete directions in our local language and maps that you should print out and show to your driver to avoid getting lost.
Other Things to Note
1. Although we do not have Cable TV or local TV/news channels at the moment, we do provide 1 Flat screen HD TV and a media player, with a selection of FREE movies for your entertainment. We also provide high speed WiFi internet FREE of charge.
2. The Masters Bedroom has recently been upgraded with a Queen-sized bed. The 2 other bedrooms have 2 single beds each. To accommodate more than 6 guests, we provide extra beds or mattresses (these go on the floor) and place them in the bedrooms. Bed arrangements can be discussed before booking. We provide linens and 1 pillow per person for your use.
3. A cleaning lady services the entire building during the day, 3 days a week to clean your rooms, make your beds, and take out your trash. We don't enter your rooms unless you specify you want them cleaned. This service is free of charge.
4. IMPORTANT: Upon booking, please indicate your preferred check-in and check-out time. Otherwise, we will consider check-in to be at 2:00 PM and check-out to be at 12:00NN.
Guests will be provided keys for individual bedrooms, living area, and the front door to the Penthouse. Please note that the Host & select trusted staff will have access to the kitchen and pantry area, but only these areas (as we need to have access to the electrical circuit breakers and main water pump for emergency purposes). We NEVER enter your rooms and living area, and these can be separately locked for your security and privacy.
Interaction with Guests
My partner and I sometimes meet guests, but not all the time, and we will not be staying at the property--So you have full privacy during your stay. However, I am ALWAYS available if you need anything at all, including inquiries, requests, or travel tips in Manila and around the area.
Think of me as your 24/7 personal concierge. We like to provide a little bit extra than what a hotel does, and that is in the personal attention we give to you. We enjoy making guests feel like they are at home, even when they're thousands of miles away, and we are always thrilled to make them happy (especially when we read about it in their reviews).
A House Manual is also provided in the Penthouse with everything you need to know, including maps & useful travel tips.
***Please read our House Rules for further information.
House Rules: CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT:
1. IMPORTANT: Check-in is anytime after 2:00 PM and check-out is on or before 12:00NN. Early check-in or late check-out may be allowed in some cases, depending on availability and may be subject to a fee.
2. If you are checking-in later than 10pm, please inform us in advance, otherwise you may not be allowed entry into the property.
3. Please bring a photocopy of one government issued ID (Driver's License, Passport, et. al.) upon check-in. Keys will be given to you by the reception staff upon check-in.
4. For security reasons, only the Guest named in the Booking Confirmation is allowed to check-in for the group.
5. Upon check-out, Guest should return possession of the apartment, its keys, and all borrowed property from the Host, in good and tenantable condition as it was on check-in.
a. Please be considerate, keep our apartment neat and clean, and in the same good condition when you first came in. Kindly throw trash in proper bins provided.
b. An extra cleaning fee of Php5,000 will be charged if the apartment is left in a severely dirty and deplorable condition upon check-out.
2. Please do not move or DRAG any furniture around as this may cause damage to the wooden floors. Full deposit will be forfeited if any scratches or damage is found on wooden floors or walls.
3. Only the registered number of guests in your reservation and check-in form are allowed into our property. Any visitors need to be registered at the front desk and will be asked to present a valid photo I.D. No house parties, gatherings, rowdy activities, or loud noises please. Kindly keep noise to a minimum and respect your neighbors.
a. Please use utilities responsibly. Switch off lights, air conditioning, and appliances when not in use. Shut water taps and bidets when not in use. Except for the power line to the refrigerator, electricity will be switched off when you leave the apartment, and switched back on when you return.
b. Only Short-Term Stays (daily/weekly) are inclusive of utilities. Long-Term Stays (monthly) are required to shoulder utility bills (electricity, water, internet, et. al.) and Management Dues. An additional Security Deposit (equivalent to one month's rent) will be charged upon check-in, and will be returned upon check-out, after deduction of said Utility Bills and damages, if any.
a. A cleaning lady will service the apartment every other day to make your beds, sweep/mop your floors, and take out your trash. Tips are not necessary, but welcome if you're feeling extra generous. You can opt for cleaning of entire apartment, select areas only, or none at all. Just let us know in advance.
b. If you prefer no service, to avoid pests & rodents, we request that all trash bins (including those in rooms) be brought outside the apartment for disposal whenever you leave the apartment.
c. Our staff is trustworthy, but as extra precaution, please DO NOT LEAVE ANY VALUABLES in your rooms or in the apartment when you leave.
6. EMERGENCY ACCESS AREA: Please note that the Host & select trusted staff will have access to the kitchen and pantry area where the electrical circuit breakers and main water pump is located (for emergency purposes). We NEVER enter living areas and bedrooms, and these can be separately locked for your security & privacy.
7. AMENITIES & TOILETRIES:
8. Please do not take any property out of the apartment, for any reason.
10. HOUSE KEYS: There will be a corresponding charge for lost keys. So please take care and return them upon check-out. If keys are lost, installation of new locks are required for security and insurance purposes. Replacement of locks and installation fees will be claimed against your deposit.
11. SMOKING: Smoking is allowed in the building but only in the common lobby and open-air areas please. STRICTLY NO SMOKING INSIDE the apartment. FULL damage deposit will be forfeited if this rule is broken.
a. We love animals, so your pets are welcome, but please do inform us, upon booking, how many and what kind of pets you are bringing.
b. Please be responsible for your pets and their cleanliness at all times during your stay.
c. Guests are responsible for damages/injuries to Guests, their visitors, other 3rd parties, and property resulting from pets' misbehavior.
a. Drugs and illegal activities. Anyone found to be involved in illegal activities or in possession of any quantity or form of illegal drugs shall be evicted from the premises and refused entry by building security. In addition, the Host retains and reserves the right to file criminal charges against such Guest with the police authorities.
b. Guns and firearms. You are welcome into our home, but your guns, firearms, and other weapons of mass destruction are not. :)
c. Fireworks, explosives, and/or inflammable items. Guests shall comply with all the reasonable conditions of our fire insurance policy, shall not permit any article or act which will violate any term or compromise coverage of said insurance policy from being brought or committed in the property.
14. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY & DAMAGES:
a. Please be responsible for your own belongings. Guests are responsible for all of their activities and those of their visitors. Any damage/loss that may occur during the stay shall be Guest's responsibility.
b. Host and its agents are not responsible nor liable for any damages or accidents that may occur during the duration of your stay.
c. Any violation of above house rules will result in the forfeiture of the Guest's full Damage Deposit and any other damages. Host reserves the right to seek whatever legal remedies necessary to recover any damages or liability above and beyond the value of the Damage Deposit (and additional Security Deposit, for Long Term stays).
e. Guest agrees to indemnify Host and its agents against any liability arising from or connected with the use of the Leased Units due to any breach or violation by Guest of the stipulations of these House Rules, or failure of Guest to comply with Philippine government laws, regulations and issuances.
I found this Penthouse online and thought wow this place can fit my big family. It was spacious and afordable. However, it wasn't what we expected.
We did NOT return after the 1st night as we have had a few issues with the Penthouse. I'm not sure if the owner has been there lately to check up on things but there were ants everywhere. On our first night, there was no interent. INTERNET was NOT working which is very disappointing. The owner called to apologize about the internet being fixed by the next day. I also told her about the ants crawling everywhere in the bathroom and kitchen and she said it's normal because it's the summer. uhmm ok. I guess I can live with that. I went to the drugstore downstairs and bought cleaning products and started cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen to try to rid of the ants as we had infants and toddlers who we were worried about.
The kitchen had ants on the wall crawling everywhere. I had to sanitize and clean all the bathrooms because nobody wanted to use them.
In the middle of the night my sister screamed carrying her newborn baby because there was a huge roach that came out crawling from the bathroom. Ok so ants I can live with but Roaches? We did not return the next day.
Clearly, this place was infested with bugs.
The Penthouse was not as we expected it to be. We were very disappointed and would recommend a few updates or renovation.
we really enjoyed our stay as the place was spacious and clean and had made our stay very comfortable.
We stayed here from 1/29-2/13 to celebrate my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary earlier due to my dad's terminal cancer then he suffered a stroke from day 1 that made our trip challenging to say the least. Our host and the entire crew accommodated every needs that we had, not just my father but the entire family. They are the most generous, gracious and understanding group you will find. They helped us get through a very stressful situation. They made us feel home. The place is nice and spacious, but best of all the people made this place a FIVE STAR in my opinion. Words cannot express the amount of gratitude I have for all of you. Thank You!!!!
The Penthouse was perfect for my big family. The place is huge and kept very well. It offerred everthing you need and more. The location is central and easily accessible, if not for the traffic in Makati and the surrounding areas, the penthouse is literally minutes from most major commercial district and places of interest. The staff is a gem especially Rose who was always there when you need her. She is quick, cheerful, very reliable and most importantly trustworthy.
Our host Isabel Arches is the best!!! Warm, friendly and very accomodating. She and her husband even took time to personally meet with us which I truly appreciated. From the time I started inquring about the accomodation months before our trip, she was very professional, polite and extremely patient with me, making sure that she promptly replied and addressed all my questions and requests, in the multiple email we exchanged over the months.
I do recommend "The Penthouse" in its entirety.