|Minimum Stay||1 - 7 nights|
Offering a terrific 3 bedroom condo available to rent that is conveniently located in the heart of the Gatlinburg, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge area. This unit is fully furnished and is 1,532 square feet. The master bedroom has a king size bed and a master bathroom with a separate shower and a whirlpool tub. The second bedroom is also very spacious, fully furnished, has a king size bed and shares a bathroom with the third bedroom which is fully furnished with two double beds. The kitchen has all major appliances and is fully stocked with dishes, glassware, eating and cooking utensils, cookware, microwave, blender, as well as a coffee maker and complimentary first mornings coffee supplies. There is also have a washer and dryer that has a starter set of laundry detergent. The living room is a very comfortable place to relax after a day of fun in the Smoky's and includes a queen size sleeper sofa. There is a balcony to enjoy during your stay. The resort is non-smoking, offers free WiFi, and guests have access to all owner amenities, including swimming pools, hot tubs, exercise equipment, and a game room.
Cock roaches in room, poor breakfast selection, no eggs, no meat. One morning no gravy or biscuits.
We were happy with the accommodations at the Wyndham Smoky Mountains Resort. The 3-bedroom deluxe we stayed in offered lots of space for our family of 4 during our 6-night stay. It offered full kitchen amenities, good size bedrooms and bathrooms, dining table for 6, and the activities center offered some nice options when we weren't in the national park. We did experience a few problems, however.
1. The biggest problem was the free wifi (service provider is ATT) which was just about useless, very reminiscent of dial up (why bother, right?). We literally watched emails load a line at a time. In order to keep up with the work we needed to do while there, we ended using the wifi in the parking lot of the local county library. They really shouldn't even offer it, and certainly shouldn't promote it as a benefit! Extremely frustrating!!
2. The TV wasn't much better. We couldn't even find a way to determine what was on each channel or when it started or how long it lasted. And some channels would fade in and out (I think this was due to the extremely poor ATT cable service). We decided reading books was less frustrating.
3. The hard sales pitch for vacation ownership at check in was also a problem. I rented through VRBO, but the check in process was handled by Wyndham. We checked in normally, but then were told to go across the lobby for our "parking pass". This is their RUSE to get you to the sales desk across the lobby (don't do it!) as I never found any need for a parking pass. At first they were offering us 4 (of their last 6 - right!) free water park tickets (I'm sure they tell this to everyone). Then they told us they had an opening at 9:00 for a free breakfast for all of us one day. Anything that sounds too good to be true usually is. It wasn't until they asked us to sign something that we learned there would be a sales presentation at the breakfast. They never mentioned this - very deceptive! By this time we were already frustrated with the amount of time they had stolen from us. And to make matters worse, the sales guy kept talking to my husband and not me! Where do they find these people? I'll never stay at a Wyndham again that's for sure!
4. The refrigerator leaked on the inside causing a pool of water on the lower shelf.
5. And if you don't want the sales pitch, don't answer the phone in your room! They'll try to get you that way if you aren't buying what they're selling in the lobby!