|Space||450 sq. ft.|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
The Gatehouse is a picturesque fully self-contained 2 bedroom cottage nestled beneath Singha rock in the beautiful tea hills of Pundaluoya, Sri Lanka.
It has two charming guest rooms, hot water shower and separate toilet and a fully equipped kitchen (fridge, cooker, cooking utensils, cutlery and crockery and glassware). This is the perfect escape. You can bring your own food or we'll cater* for you. Enjoy alfresco dining on your open verandah while enjoying the tea gardens and hill views.
Surrounded by the property's 9 acres of gardens, orchards, coffee plantation and market gardens, you can rent the entire gatehouse from as little as USD100* per night (recommended maximum 4 persons) and enjoy the serenity of Singha Sanasa's 9 acres including use of the 40ft pool.
Nights can get a little chilly, so we suggest you bring something warm for the evening. Doona's and fresh linen are supplied so you'll be cozy at bedtime and thick thirsty towels and bathrobes are included.
* Rates vary catering requirements. Rupee rates for residents and Sri Lankan citizens available. Located half way between Nuwera Eliya and Kandy, Singha Sanasa is your perfect location from which to explore the hill country of Sri Lanka.
(take a look at the map, loaded as one of the pictures, it plots these attractions and shows them in relation to Singha Sanasa)
Sri Lanka is home to an array of spectacular waterfalls many of which are only a short drive from Singha Sanasa
1. Only 5mins away or a 15min stroll is our Estate's own waterfall. Take a picnic and cool off in the spring water
2. Only 10mins away is the fabulous DUNSINANE waterfall. To get there - why not hire our ATV's or our 3 wheeler and explore the countryside.
3. RAMBODA FALLS is only a 15 min drive away. Why not stop there on your way to vista one of the nearby tea factories
4. A mere 25min drive will find you at DEVON and ST. CLAIR falls . Set amongst undulating tea gardens seeing these falls is a 'must' on your visit to Sri Lanka.
Singha Sanasa is located on a Eton tea estate - so you don't need to go far to experience the tea being plucked. There are a number of tea factories in the vicinity - many of which offer tours and a chance to sample some of the best tea in the world.
Bluefield Tea Gardens is a 20-30min drive
Mackwoods Tea Centre is about 35mins away
Mlesna Tea Castle is only 20 mins
Lovers Leap Waterfall
Worlds End (Horton Plains)
Nuwera Eliya Golf Club
Kithulgala (white water rafting)
Kandy (about 90min drive)
Nuwera Eliya (about 45min drive)
House Rules: You can bring your own food and cater for yourself, we ask that you leave the cottage as you found it.
Use of the grounds and pool are free of charge. Access to the main house and villa by invitation only.
We are closed from June to October (inclusive each) year.
We do not cater for children under 16 years
We do not recommend more than 4 persons stay in the guesthouse.
Bedding in the Blueberry room can be split into twin beds (advance request required)
Had a wonderful experience at Sandy and Jacqueline's bungalow in the hill country. For a peaceful retreat away from everything with spectacular views. This is the place to stay.