One well preserved heritage house in the oldest city of Malaysia, Malacca. It is a big house with 5 big rooms.
It has a big lounge that can sit many, a kitchen and it makes you feel like you are at home. All rooms have air conditioning except for the middle one & EcoZenVilla.
It is kept in such a way so that some can experience the old life style. Nonetheless, it is not hot at night, especially if the next room has the air conditioner turned on.
All rooms are equipped with mosquito net for a better night sleep. The lounge is without air conditioning, but it is not hot most of the time, except maybe on a few super hot days.
There are also 2 bicycles for guest to roam freely. The house is only 5 mins walk away to the famous Jonker Walk.
Opposite is a big convenient store to buy drinks, and some other things, it is really cheap, as it is wholesale.
We have plenty of movies that you can watch. You may turn on the stereo for nice music. There is a fridge to store your beers & drinks. Kitchen is available for simple cooking.
The house is situated between shops. In the old days, people live & do business in the same place. Mostly business at the front, living quarter at the back or upper level.
Our neighbour sells dried products, so there is a little smell. However, we have auto air re-freshener installed. Due to the nature of its business, it attracts some unwanted pest.
We assure you that, it is clean inside the house, but occasionally they still cross the border into our house.
The Malacca river is just across the street, it is very convenient. The famous Kg Hulu Mosque is literally few doors away. Same with the oldest Chinese temple in Malaysia, just few minutes walk.
From Zen Villa, you can access to the back where you can see a small Malay Village living peacefully with the Chinese. Kids would come out the the playground in the evening. You can join to know more about the local life.
** Our house keeper lives in the house. You may ask for her service if you need any. Unfortunately, she speaks Malay only, with very very little english. You should call us if you need more help.
Interaction with Guests
We will not meet up, email or leaving messages here would be the best way. If you have a phone, you may give us a call.
Please give us a call if you need help when you arrive. Our house keeper doesn't speak other language except Malay.
The street is very lively on the weekdays. Our neighbour sells dried food, so you can get some for a good price. On our left, the shop repairs scale, it is quite rare to find this shop outside of the old town these days.
You can basically walk to most places in Jonker area.
If you are driving, you can park a car on our drive way, do be informed that the driveway is narrow. Also, there could be plenty of lorries parked on the street blocking the driveway, but it is not an issue if you talk to the neighbour nicely.
There are plenty parking along the street & a public parking across. Please buy parking coupons and display them on your windshield to prevent parking ticket.
Other Things to Note
- the stairs are a bit steep and might be a problem for the elders.
- WIFI isn't too reliable due to the poor reception. It only gets good reception on the upper floor outside the master room.
- House is basic & simple, nothing fancy & luxury. It is good for people to appreciate DIY stuff & original creativity
- Could be slightly noisy due to its proximity to the street & poor sound insulation
- You might see ants, maybe cockroaches too. However, we do try our best to remove & reduce them. Old houses have open sewerage, so it is almost impossible to get rid of all the pest.
- If you sleep in the attic room & master room, you might hear noises of creature running on the ceiling. Rest assured that they are only on the roof, they won't get down. This is also another feature of old houses.
- If our bicycles tyres are flat, please get them pumped. There is a motorbike shop few doors down.
House Rules: - No smoking.
- Keep the place clean & tidy
- Turn off all air conditioners, lights & shut all windows & doors.