|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
Looking for a perfect spot for a vacation, reunion, or getaway? We have just the home! In all seasons, Peach Place offers everything you need for a fun time - a large greatroom fireplace, hot tub, gourmet kitchen and more! This custom-built 3-bedroom, 2 ½ bath home is just a short 7 minute walk to Lake Michigan! Beautiful, bright and modern airy home with many indoor and outdoor amenities:
• Gourmet fully-equipped kitchen, including wine bar, cappuccino maker and top-quality appliances.
• Flat-screen television in living room, bedrooms and kitchen. Bose sound system.
• Step-in 6-person Hot Tub adjoining large deck in very private back yard.
• Outdoor hot and cold shower to rinse off Lake Michigan sand.
• Oversized wood-burning fireplace with gas starter, plus outdoor fire pit.
• Master bedroom with en suite bathroom, featuring rain shower and dual sinks.
• Living room with cathedral ceilings, dining room with large family dining table, upstairs loft with desk and reading chair, screened and tastefully furnished porch.
• Queen beds in all rooms, plus trundle bed providing 2 twins and an extra blow-up queen mattress if needed.
• Outdoor gas grill, beach chairs, beach towels, bath towels, and linens all provided.
• Ping pong table in garage for those rainy days when the library of books is not what you had in mind.
Whether you are a beachcomber or just in pursuit of a relaxing getaway, Harbert’s Peach Place is perfect for you!
• Beautiful beaches! Harbert Beach is a 5–10 minute walk through the neighborhood. Cherry Beach and Warren Dunes State Park are close by.
• Unbeatable sunsets, swimming, beach walking, and biking/hiking trails.
• Shops, restaurants, and taverns within walking distance.
• Don’t forget about winter in Michigan! Cross country skiing locations and ski rentals nearby. Sledding at the Dunes too!
I grew up on the South Side of Chicago in the Morgan Park area and then the family moved to Palos Heights. Our Dad was Swedish and always had a summer place for us up in Eagle River, WI. He died very suddenly when I was 17 and it has been my goal to get a "Lake House" ever since. I travel extensively for my work and for fun so to come to a place like Peach Place, is to just breathe and relax. I am here..more than anywhere. I went to St. Walter's Grade Scholl at 118th and Western Avenue in Chicago on the border of Blue Island and to The Academy of Our Lady..fondly known as Longwood...for High School. Best years of my life so far! I went to college at WIU and I have 4 grown children who are the light of my life!
I bought this property because it is easy to get to from my home in the Western Suburbs of Chicago. 80 minutes door to door! I also bought it because it is gorgeously constructed and has many amenities I don't have at my other house. The screened porch is fabulous. The hot tub is soothing in every season. The Master Bedroom and Bathroom are ideal for two people and we never feel crowded.
I mostly bought this house tho so I could easily walk the beach every day. It takes me 7-8 minutes to leisurely walk to the beach on private roads..then down the wooden steps and I am on the beach! It is a fabulous beach and I can walk to the Warren Dunes and hit the concession stand and then walk back. I can also walk to the Swedish Bakery and Luisa's Cafe for breakfast or lunch if I just don't feel like cooking and get fresh eggs, pastries, breads and full meals! Love it!
When I first pulled up to this home and saw the rocking chairs on the front porch and the swing..I thought...I AM HOME! But I held my excitement until I went inside. Every step made me fall in love even more. The covered breezeway from the garage to the kitchen door..just charming. A way to get in without all the elements! Of course, the fireplace in the living room..stunning and real..just like I wanted. The tall ceilings..the fans in every room because I don't like air conditioning altho of course we have it. I have that conservation Swede in me where we put on more clothes if we are cold and take off more if we are hot! So the less energy we have to buy or consume, the better for all. The insulation in this house allows for temps to stay for a long time. I also loved the kitchen with all the new cabinets and drawers so everything fits without being crowded. And the wine fridge area makes me smile every time I entertain. It's a loving environment to share with others.
Great house with extras. Room for the whole family and not far to the beach. Beautiful sunsets too!
The house was great! I came with a few friends for an early spring girls' weekend. The house was decorated beautifully, the kitchen was well stocked, and the hot tub was fantastic. I would love to come back for a summertime weekend given the proximity to the lake.
Peach place is prettier in person and more than we had hoped for. There are a. Few things about the home that stood out for us:
1.The screened in porch was a fantastic way to start and end the day, very comfortable seating and bug free. My only complaint about the porch is that you could definitely hear the traffic on arrow highway. The landscaping provided excellent privacy but the notice still came through.
2. As others have commented the yard is mosquito free thanks to treatments the owners have invested in. Our kids had a great time playing and with the help of a partial fence and landscaping we were never concerned that my my 2 1/2 year old nephew would escape.
3. The kitchen and dining area suited our family perfectly and was the space we used most often! Plenty of seating and modern appliances.
One word of caution. The beach is about a half mile down the road. If you're walking be sure to wear plenty of bug spray as we termed this "mosquito alley". Since Pat has the property treated we didn't realize how many Mosquitos there were until we left the property!
Overall we loved the home and appreciated timely communication with Pat. If you're looking for a modern and comfortable home close to the lake, look no further!
This was our 3rd year to get the whole family together for Lake MI beach week. This year, Peach Place was the treasure to find. Very clean and comfortable an offering everything you could possible need. Tastefully decorated and plenty of quiet places to read books from the shelves. Hot tub was the perfect place to relax! The kids enjoyed the mosquito free lawn to play in. Fire pit with wood was a plus too. TY
We had a great time at this property. It is a spacious home, very well kept with all the amenities one could hope for. There was even a hot tub though we didn't end up using it. Its very close to the beach and there are a couple of restaurants very close by as well. The outdoor space was lovely and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
#1: Lake Michigan! Located only a 10-minute walk from the house for swimming and other water sports. New Buffalo Marina only a few miles away. Galien River less than 2 miles from the house, offering kayak and canoe rentals. Restaurants/taverns within walking distance or short drive away. Many antique shops, artisan shops, quaint local retail shops in area. Beautiful country drives and lots of interesting villages in the area. Dozens of wineries and distilleries in the area, some within a few miles.
Warren Dunes 2 miles away. St. Joe about 20 minutes away.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
28 Aug 2016 - 18 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Refundable Damage Deposit||A$395|
PLEASE NOTE! Initial payment also includes the security deposit / cleaning fee. A cleaning fee will be deducted from the security deposit and the remainder will be returned within 30 days of the end of the rental period. Typical cleaning fee is $200; additional fees if needed will be deducted from the security deposit.
Renters who plan to bring a dog should contact the owner immediately with information about the type of dog, size, behavior, etc. Additional fees and deposit will apply. A daily fee of $15 is added for renters who bring a dog, as well as a $50 cleaning fee is added to the usual cleaning fees (assuming there is no damage caused by the dog).