|Minimum Stay||2 - 7 nights|
There’s no better place for a family vacation than the beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota!
Elevate your Black Hills experience by staying in this charming 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom cabin in Lead. With enough sleeping accommodations for up to 10 guests, this unit is the perfect size for a family or group traveling together. The cabin’s main level has a wonderful open floor plan with full kitchen, dining, and living area, which boasts a majestic rock fireplace to keep you warm during chilly evenings. Cozy up on the sofa during your downtime and watch your favorite show on the flat screen TV with satellite. This cabin has 1 bedroom located on the main level with a plush queen-sized bed, 2 bedrooms upstairs each with queen beds, and an open loft with sleeper sofa and TV that makes a great area for the kids. The sofa in the living area pulls out into an extra bed as well for additional sleeping arrangements. Enjoy your morning coffee or evening cocktail outside on the wraparound deck, where you can fully enjoy your peaceful surroundings. At the end of the day, unwind in the large 6-8-person private hot tub located out back - Simply relax and soak your cares away!
If you’re a snowmobile enthusiast, you’re in luck… You can snowmobile right from this property to nearby trails! This cabin is also located within close proximity of several other outdoor recreational activities such as skiing and hiking, as well as within easy driving distance of famous attractions including Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Reptile Gardens, and the town of Sturgis. However you choose to spend your time during your stay, this cozy Black Hills cabin will not disappoint!
Key Residence Features:
Amenities include a full kitchen, expansive wraparound deck, air conditioning, 2 TVs with DVD players and satellite, gas BBQ grill, fireplace, and a large private hot tub that can hold 6-8 people
Fantastic location - Easy access to Black Hills attractions
Snowmobile directly from the property!
Master Bedroom: Queen-sized Bed
Bedroom 2: Queen-sized Bed
Bedroom 3: Queen-sized Bed
The Open Loft and Living Room each have a Sleeper Sofa to accommodate extra guests
No pets allowed
Must be at least 21 years old to book
Additional fees and taxes may apply
I really wanted to give this home five stars, but couldn't. Below are my reasons:
1. It would be a five star home if it were given a good cleaning. After traveling 1,500 miles I had to spend one hour cleaning. I might not have minded had I not paid $95.00 to have it cleaned. The faucets needed wiping down. The toilet hinges were dirty. The refrigerator was dirty and had to be wiped out. The freezer is still dirty. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed and had spots all over it. The deck chairs had to be scrubbed down and the silverware was sitting in a dirty silverware tray.
2. The hot tub is in an enclosure that felt like a shed which was also not very clean.
3. The road to get to the home was in dire need of re-grading. (I realize this is out of the owner's hands.)
On the plus side the home is nice looking and adds to the cabin feel of being in the mountains and the bedding did appear to be washed which is actually the most important thing, thus the four stars instead of three.
The property was clean. The cabin was pleasant with everything working properly. Would recommend that they update the kitchen knives as they were very dull and maybe add a cookie sheet to the kitchen supplies.
My wife , two adult sons and their girlfriends stayed here in mid July 2015 for a 3 day visit to the Black Hills and overall, had a pleasant stay. The home was very clean and orderly and everything we needed was there, as promised. There were some minor issues:
1) the gas grill was shot but the property manager replaced it with a new one the same day we brought it to her attention
2) the hot tub really needed some TLC; the manager made some improvements after our call but it was still not at the standard we expected ( we have owned a hot tub for 10 years and are aware of the challenges they present if they are not properly treated )
3) the access road was very rough (it's a dirt road affected by rain ); fortunately, the drive off the main road to the house is very short
4) earlier renters had left behind various food items; spices, rubs and condiments are okay but not milk, orange juice, ice cream and other perishables! They should have been thrown out.
Other than that, we had a pleasant stay and especially enjoyed the night hours - we were lucky because the skies were clear and we could see millions of stars; it was also very secluded and quiet during our stay. There are numerous nearby towns ( Deadwood, Lead and others ) and we visited them; a word of warning, most of the small towns close early in the evening; it was hard finding a restaurant after 9 pm.
I would highly recommend this property.