|Minimum Stay||6 nights|
Newly-renovated, 225sqm modern, furnished en-suite bedrooms/living space that treats you to an authentic Thai lifestyle.
Located in the heart of Bangkok close to Silom, Sathorn, Siam. Best of fun, shopping and dining in Bangkok! Walk to Silom ;)
A huge apartment with 2 BR and 2 bathrooms.
A huge sofa that fills the living area with an open kitchen concept. The windows are floor-to-ceiling around the entire apartment. Lots of light and views with curtains for privacy.
Suan Plu is teeming with local culture - street food etc
- Chic industrial floors and clean wall tones
- Furnished with decorations
- 2 En-suite bedroom, each about 50 square meters huge
- Simple kitchen with stylish glassware, rice cooker,microwave (stove on order)
- Large living area with a 8-person sofa
- Wifi available free
- Balcony all around half the apartment
- View of Sathorn skyline
- Pool nearby at a small apartment for 90 baht entry
- 5th floor walk-up, so work the glutes
The whoooooole great big apartment. And please don't use the antique glasses in the cupboard (they are labled "not these ones".
Interaction with Guests
We can provide directions and assistance with communicating a needed; restaurant recommendations and party scene, as required. Working on the weekdays and sometimes on the weekends but always available by phone or -------/texting.
A nice walk to Silom. Or a quick taxi ride.
This place is not an expat ghetto. This place is at the end of a lane and is fairly quiet except for the locals who chat and play in front of their homes. During the day you may hear workers fixing their tuk-tuks or related passing traffic. Not much at all.
- Walk to the BTS skytrain or MRT is 15 minutes OR a 5 minute motorcycle taxi ride
- Very close to Silom shopping and night life - a short taxi ride. Siam Square, Paragon, MBK, Central World. All close.
It's a real Thai bustling neighborhood with a fresh market and tons of delicious food options.
Inside open air dining
Here are some nearby food attractions:
Uncle John's - not to be missed!
A wonderful french/thai restaurant run by a well-known Sukothai Hotel chef who started his own thing. 5-star cuisine in a modest setting.
- All Thai street food dotted along the road.
- A sit-in Vietnamese restaurant, past the police station and post office.
- An Italian restaurant.
- A high-end Thai restaurant, Baan Kannitha is at the beginning of the soi on Sathorn.
- A place called Secret Garden after Baan Kannitha. These are places where hi-so Thai couples and families dine.
- a Thai/foreigner mixed local bar, with Thai food, across from Suan Plu Soi 6.
- Junker and Bar. Great mixed drinks and some good western dishes.
- Good and cheap massage at Le Spa. Suan Plu Soi 8 and a new branch on Suan Plu main road near Soi 8.
For a night out, Cloud47 is a great new roof-top bar and restaurant - just a quick ride away at United Building.
Ask about the unseen park nearby, with a gorgeous library, free wifi and work space.
This area is just off Sathorn Road. A short walk to Saladaeng BTS or Silom MRT. Or use motorcycle taxi for 20-30 baht. There are also red truck taxis for 6 baht. Or a Tuk-Tuk for 30 baht. Taxis are cheap and plentiful in this 'hood.
Other Things to Note
Large American Size Fridge
Please don't use the antique glasses.
Please take in the stools or other furniture from the balcony if it's going to rain.
There is a washing machine. But as laundry is cheap to do in Thailand, you can go see the blue laundry shop and get it done in a day. Khun Da is our friend and a very nice lady.
Bookings 14 nights and under electricity and water utility cost is included.
Bookings 15 nights and over electricity is charged at the city rate of 7 baht per kilowatt and water is charged at the city rate of 20 baht per cubic meter.
Please see the Terms concerning having extra unaccounted guests overnight.
Children 5 years old and under stay free.
Damage Deposit is $95
Inquire about monthly discounts.
House Rules: - Welcome to have friends over for a drink.
- Please note that the rental is calculated accordingly to the number of occupants. If extra guests are found staying overnight in the apartment we reserve the right to terminate the rental agreement with immediate effect.
- Children under 5 stay free of charge when using existing beds.
- If coming home from a night on the town, quietly make your way up the stairs.
- Please turn off the air conditioning while you are out of the room. Do not leave it on hoping to return to a super-cooled room - it breaks the bank and the environment!
- Please take off shoes at the door to reduce dust and dirt.
- Smoking outside please.
- Check-ins between 11pm to 7am, please tip your host 500 Baht, or more if it's 1-6am.
This was in a great location. The street vendors are catering to local workers, so it is as authentic as it gets. We were eating breakfast soups for .60 cents USD. That's right! Big bowls of soup for less than a dollar. We used Uber/Taxi, and the address was a little tricky. We ended up using the address of the police station at the end of the alley and then directed them to go up the alley. Look forward to staying here again!
Great location! The street vendors are catering to the local workers, so it is authentic and cheap! A/C worked great. TV had HDMI hookups for me. Internet was solid. Would definitely stay there again.
The apartment, as the listing states, is very large. The space was very comfortable for our group of four. The furnishings were well thought out and the a/c was perfect.
Location worked out fine for us, just down the street it was very easy to hail a cab & the BTS (?) was only about a 10-15 minute walk from the apartment.
Gemma & Mark were easy to contact when needed. Gemma met us at the apartment and made sure we were all settled in.
Overall a great experience, would definitely recommend.