The house sits on top of a ridge overlooking native bush and farmland with views of the Tasman Sea in the distance. The property is a 75 acre farm with sheep, cattle, pigs, goats and birds.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY
* Free farm tour. Feed and pet the animals
* Basic breakfast of cereal, yoghurt/milk, honey and jam
* Tea and plunger coffee making facilities in your room
* Plenty of helpful tips and advice about activities and where to eat out
* Comfortable beds and pillows
* Huge, family or large group, sized room
* Small refrigerator in your room
* Free wifi
* TV and DVD player (no cable TV)
* Private bathroom with shower and bath. Fresh towels (May be shared in peak tourist season).
* Plenty of reading material about the West Coast
* A warm, relaxing and friendly environment
* Great memories
EXTRAS ON REQUEST
* Outdoor fire can be set and lit for you
* Small amounts of laundry can done by me for stays of 2 days or more
* Toys and books for children
--Sadly due to the behaviour of previous guests the kitchen is not available for use. ---
* Our house is completely off-grid. All our power comes from a solar panel array. All our water is rainwater collected from the roof. Many of the features in the house are from building recyclers.
As we are off-grid, we must be careful with our power. We do not have a microwave, dishwasher, dryer or air conditioning. Cellphone coverage is patchy.
Easy drive to Punakaiki, Franz Joseph, Hokitika Gorge and Lake Kaniere. 5mins to the beach and river, 10mins to town.
*Make yourself at home - we look forward to meeting you!
* Please note your bedroom is upstairs
*Please tell us what time you are arriving eg. between 5-6pm.
PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELVES WHEN YOU BOOK AS YOU WILL BE IN OUR HOME NOT A HOTEL.
_____Check in after 3pm. Check out by 10am.__
THREE NIGHT MAXIMUM STAY.
Check in 4pm. Check out by 10am
Smoking outside only.
Please note the bedroom is upstairs so toddlers will need to be supervised.
The power shed is off limits for safety reasons.
Please close all farm gates you go through.
There is cellphone coverage but it is patchy.
In summer water is sometimes in short supply so we may need to be careful with water use.
Laundry can be done by arrangement. Clothes are hung to dry.
Extras: Cleaning (included); Linen (included);
You can feed all the animals, walk the entire farm then sit and relax by the outdoor fire.
The property is close to hokitika if you have a car- lovey spot, a really NZ experience. The room we stayed in was really large and comfortable and had everything a family could want in terms of toys, books and breakfast and comfy beds!
Good location in the countryside near Hokitika, a convenient base to explore the surroundings and the glaciers. Big room perfect for families, with a large private bathroom on the same floor. No kitchen but all the essentials for breakfast provided, including deliciously fresh products from the farm.
A lovely home in a quiet setting.. Fantastic hosts.. Nice and Tidy..
Really lovely house, lots of cool quirky things to look at. The bathroom has a lovely claw-foot bath! The bedroom is huge, easily big enough for all 4 of us. Really interesting ornaments and souvenirs, all set out on upcycled shelves, eclectic mix of furniture and vintage bits and pieces. Super-comfortable beds, toys and books for the kids, homemade muesli and yoghurt from the farm. fresh fruit and Havana coffee all in the room! Perfect distance from Hokitika.. easy drive to town for dinner.
Fantastic property and room perfect for our family (4). Lots of animals to see and stunning views of stars due to being out of town. definitely recommend.
Very quiet and restful. its a beautiful old house with lots of character and a really comfortable feeling. We had a great time wandering around the yard and checking out the animals, especially the wee piggies!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Flat rate tariff
28 Feb 2017 - 28 Aug 2017
1 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rate applies for up to 2 people. NZ$25.00/adult and NZ$25.00/child for extra occupants.|