|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Blue Hill is a charming historic country house built in 1895 on 36 scenic acres located in historic Clarke County, Virginia. The perfect getaway for everyone! You will feel that you are in a different time and place!
And we are pet friendly.
Blue Hill is located about an hour and a half west of Washington, DC, 20 minutes west of Middleburg, VA and 20 minutes east of Winchester, VA.
Blue Hill is perfect for family reunions, birthdays, bachelor or bachelorette parties, weekend getaways, retreats and much more.
• a large wrap around porch in the front
* a deck with a hot tub, a gas and charcoal grill in the back with a fenced in area
• central air/heat
• Upstairs there are five bedrooms - Two large master bedrooms with in-suite bathrooms plus three additional bedrooms and another bathroom
• The kitchen has granite counter-tops and is fully equipped with a state of the art coffee machine and all cooking utensils, flatware, dinnerware, cups, glasses, etc.
• The dining room seats up to twelve people.
• The living room is large with comfortable seating and a Smart TV and DVD.
* Family room with another TV
* First floor powder room
We are your base to explore Clarke County and Frederick County and all it has to offer - historic sites, Shenandoah National Park, the Shenandoah River, Sky Meadows Park, wineries, golfing, monastery, hiking, antique shops, shopping, thrifting, Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, Locke Country Store, Watermelon Park, and Arboretum of Virginia to name just a few ---- or just explore the picturesque country roads with views of farms & mountains or take a drive down scenic Skyline Drive. Plan a day trip to Shenandoah Nat'l Park, Harper's Ferry, Front Royal, Shepherdstown, WV or Charles Town WV.
Or just relax, enjoy a glass of Virginia wine with a book or sit in the hot tub. Come join us - we have something for everyone!
Keywords: farm house Virginia, weekend getaway, weekend retreat, Skyline Drive, Shenandoah River, historic, nature, hiking, Winchester, Middleburg
I am a city dweller with a love of the country side as long as I have the option to get to the city if needed!
Love anything vintage and made in the USA.
Love all animals and gardening!
Best quote: We don't stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing!
Carla Giacomangeli purchased this farmhouse in 2005
We choose Blue Hill because we feel in love with the house and the beautiful country setting - you can see the mountains and we are surrounded by 36 acres - 5 acres of fields and the rest is wooded and we are close to the Shenandoah River, Middleburg and Winchester. Blue Hill also offers us the opportunity to get away from the city but is close enough to DC that the the drive is relaxing and if we want to do something there are tons of options - so we can just relax and do nothing or we can plan a weekend of fun things to do!
Blue Hill is a unique home - the word comfy and inviting is the word most often used to describe what guests love about Blue Hill.
This place was absolutely perfect for our family getaway. The spaciousness and the provision of every need was so well thought out. We loved the porch, the hot tub and the closeness of the activities in town. We really enjoyed the 2 rooms with TV's so during the football games (those of us who aren't fans) had our escape room - haha! My sister (Cindy K) is not usually impressed with places, but she really liked this one and that made it so worth the cost. We will be back!
Thanks for all,
We had a fantastic girl's weekend here. There were plenty of bedrooms, towels, and blankets for everyone. We enjoyed the hot tub, the large living rooms, and spacious kitchen. Plenty of hot water to go around for us all to shower in a row!
Beautiful property, great house. Our only wish was that there was a place for recycling. Thank you!!!
What can I say other than that this is our sixth time staying at Blue Hill.
You won't find a more hospitable owner and the house is awesome. No appointment was left to the imagination when they built this house...Someone very influential must have had it built. Just beautiful...
Location can't be beat either...
This house was perfect for our group of longtime female friends. Most of us are from the DC area and this is close enough that we don't spend most of our weekend away traveling. The house itself is charming: decorated in eclectic style that makes wandering through the house entertaining in itself. It is also very large, with large rooms. All 7 of us could easily gather in the living room to chat, with room for more, and similarly the dining room could seat a crowd around the large table. We also appreciated the large number of bedrooms. It is nice for most of us to have the option of a room to ourselves. The breakfast room was sunny and a favorite to watch the local birds, especially the pair of huge pileated woodpeckers in the back yard. The front porch is also huge and allows for cow gazing over coffee. The kitchen is very well stocked. The house was very clean and the beds inviting with quilts and comfortable mattresses. Carla the owner was very helpful and we took her advice on places to visit: Hiking and the Locke store and Dirt Farm brewery were favorites.
We had a bachelorette for our friend here and it was the perfect place to celebrate the occasion! Very roomy house which was perfectly prepared. The area is beautiful - loved sitting out on the porch!
A group of nine of us spent a long weekend here. The house is beautiful, well maintained, and full of comfy furniture. Carla is very accommodating, answers questions quickly, and was willing to allow a last minute change in our reservation. We hope to visit here again!
Blue Hill is located in beautiful Clarke County an oasis for travelers! Here is a sampling of what you can do and see:
• The Shenandoah River follows lazily along the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains and provides both great scenic views and an up close experience with nature. The American Bald Eagle, Blue Herons, Deer, Red Tail Hawks and Osprey are just a few of nature’s guardians that rule this special landscape.
• Burwell-Morgan Mill established in 1785
• Long Branch Historic House and Farm
• Blandy Experimental Farm & the State Arboretum of Virginia
• Small Town USA - Berryville
• Veramar Vineyards
• Tour Route 11 Potato Chip
• WILSON'S WILD ANIMAL PARK
• Winchester CiderWorks - hand crafted apple cider
• Family Drive Inn Theater
• The Fire House Gallery
• Watermelon Park for canoeing, tubing, fishing, swimming
• Berryville Main Street Summer Crafts and Farmers Market
• Nalls Farm Market - best apple dumplings!
• Berryville Monastery - try the jams made by the monks
• Dinosaur Land
• Shen-Valley Flea Market
• Carter Hall
• Belle Grove Plantation
• Barns of Rose Hill
• Shenandoah Caverns
• Crystal Caverns
• Endless Caverns
• Great Country Farms
• Blue Ridge Hot Air Ballons
• WWII Fighter Rides
• Front Royal
• Front Royal Canoe Company
• Marker Miller Orchards
• Butler's Farm Market
• Mount Airy Farmer Market
• Bear's Den
• Shenandoah National Park - Front Royal North Entrance only 32 mintues away
• Sky Meadow Park
• Old Town Winchester
• Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum
• Shenandoah Museum and Gardens
• Eagle Rider Winchester - rent a motorcycle
• The Wagon Wheel Ranch - trail rides
• Royal Horseshoe Farm
• Luray Cavers
• Luray Zoo
• Old Rag Mountain - Shenandoah National Park
• Summit Point Raceway
• The Ashby Inn & Restaurant
• Glen Burnie Estate
• Old Courthouse Civil War Museum
• Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum
• Museum of the Shenandoah Valley
• Mosby’s Confederacy Tour Half
• Ghosts of Old Town Winchester
• Visit Strasburg, Va - stop by the historic Hotel Strasburg
• Patsy Cline Historic House Winchester
• Locke Modern Country Store Millwood, VA
• Focaccia Italian Grill 15 Crow Street 540-955-9005
• Camino Real Mexican 16 Crow Street 540-955-4730
• The Berryville Grille 9 East Main Street 540-955-4317
• The Cookie Guy 23 Crow Street Berryville, VA 22611
• Fox Pizza 616 E Main Street 540-955-3697 (delivers)
• Red Fox Inn 2 East Washington Street 540-687-6301
• Hidden Horse Tavern 7 West Washington Street 540-687-3828
• Hunter’s Head Tavern 9048 John Mosby Highway 540-592-9020
• Lone Oak Tavern 12696 Lord Fairfax Hwy 540-837-1210
• The Chocolate Bar Restaurant 3111 Valley Avenue 540-535-0010
• Violino Ristorante Italiano 181 North Loudoun St 540-667-8006
• Patsy’s Pastry Pizzas 158 North Loudoun Street 540-545-4150
• Lloyd’s Tropical Island Coffee and Café – Jamaican cuisine & coffee 39 West Picadilly St 540-905-802
• Espresso Bar & Cafe Free WiFi - 165 N Loudoun Street 540-686-7209
Or just relax in the hot tub at Blue Hill and watch monarchs, finches, swallowtails and deer and the occasional wild turkey!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add A$54 per night, per additional guest|
The HomeAway rate rate is for vacation rentals.
For bachelorette/bachelor parties, small weddings and receptions there is an event fee if the number of guests exceeds 20. Please inquire for details.