|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Blue Hill is a charming historic country house on 36 acres of wooded land located in historic Clarke County, Virginia. The perfect getaway for everyone! You will feel that you are in a different time and place!
Blue Hill is located about an hour and a half west of Washington, DC, 20 minutes west of Middleburg, VA and 20 minutes east of Winchester, VA. The Blue Ridge Mountains separate Clarke County from Loudoun County & the Shenandoah River follows along the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Clarke County.
Blue Hill is perfect for family reunions, birthdays, bachelor or bachelorette parties, weekend getaways, retreats and much more.
• a large wrap around porch, a deck with a hot tub, a gas and charcoal grill
• central air/heat
• Upstairs there are five bedrooms - Two large master bedrooms with in-suite bathrooms plus three additional bedrooms and another bathroom
• The kitchen has granite counter-tops and is fully equipped with a state of the art coffee machine and all cooking utensils, flatware, dinnerware, cups, glasses, etc.
• The dining room seats up to twelve people.
• The living room is large with comfortable seating and a Smart TV and DVD equipped with Netflix, Hulu, and more.
We are your base to explore Clarke County and Frederick County and all it has to offer - historic sites, Shenandoah National Park, the Shenandoah River, Sky Meadows Park, wineries, golfing, monastery, hiking, antique shops, shopping, thrifting, Museum of the Shenandoah Valley, Locke Country Store, Watermelon Park, and Arboretum of Virginia to name just a few ---- or just explore the picturesque country roads with views of farms & mountains or take a drive down scenic Skyline Drive. Plan a day trip to Shenandoah Nat'l Park, Harper's Ferry, Front Royal, Shepherdstown, WV or Charles Town WV.
Or just relax, enjoy a glass of Virginia wine with a book or sit in the hot tub. Come join us - we have something for everyone!
Keywords: farm house Virginia, weekend getaway, weekend retreat, Skyline Drive, Shenandoah River, historic, nature, hiking
I am a city dweller with a love of the country side as long as I have the option to get to the city if needed!
Love anything vintage and made in the USA.
Love all animals and gardening!
Best quote: We don't stop laughing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop laughing!
Carla Giacomangeli purchased this farmhouse in 2005
We choose Blue Hill because we feel in love with the house and the beautiful country setting - you can see the mountains and we are surrounded by 36 acres - 5 acres of fields and the rest is wooded and we are close to the Shenandoah. Blue Hill also offers us the opportunity to get away from the city but is close enough to DC that the the drive is relaxing and if we want to do something there are tons of options - so we can just relax and do nothing or we can plan a weekend of fun things to do!
Blue Hill is a unique home - the word comfy and inviting is the word most often used to describe what guests love about Blue Hill.
We have thoroughly enjoyed your house this week. We came for our Granddaughter/ nieces wedding and this was a perfect place to stay. We were relaxed and away from the frey of wedding stress. Our Bride and her new husband were able to come after the wedding and have a relaxing afternoon and decompose. Your property is beautiful and full of history. We loved the creaking of the wood floors and could appreciate the warm feel. Thank you for sharing this property with us . We are already talking about when we can come back again! Take care & God bless!
The house was lovely and had everything we could imagine. The rooms were nicely decorated and had all of the necessary linens. Backyard and patio were stocked with games, firewood for the fire pit and nicely kept. The hot tub was wonderful and was a nice treat morning and night. The house and the property was perfect for our family to gather while in Winchester for a wedding at Long Branch. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely place.
Our stay at Blue Hill was the same as always.....AWESOME!
The perfect "home away from home" and it's owner, Carla, could not be more attentive to every detail pertaining to your stay:)
This owner has outdone herself in anticipating your every need! She even has dog leashes on the property in case you forget to bring one!
The property was so nice, the jacuzzi was fabulous and the rooms were so spacious that a large group of people didn't feel cramped.
The rooms were clean and the beds were already prepared with sheets when we arrived. I cannot say how much my family enjoyed the place
and the little towns that surround the property. We did some antiquing, some wine tasting and even went ziplining one day. We give it 5 starts!
The owner was prompt to get her maintainence guy out when we had a problem with the hot water. It was resolved very promptly!
Our family stayed at Blue Hill to receive out of town guests for our daughter's wedding. This home is so very peaceful, lending a feeling of slower, easier times. Everyone felt the calm & grace that this home exudes. Blue Hill is very well equipped with extra touches to ensure you have a comfortable at home experience. A special home, indeed.
There were just five of us in our small band of golfers. We thoroughly enjoyed Carla's home. It was spacious yet comfortable and cozy at the same time. She had so many great touches that made it feel just like we were at home. The area is quaint and very welcoming. We enjoyed lunch and fresh veggies from the Locke Store. We also enjoyed visiting Old Town Winchester. El Centro Mexican restaurant is amazing. The home is very close to the golf courses we played. We are planning a return trip with a larger group!
My extended family and I spent a week at Blue Hill and had a wonderful time. The house is so beautiful and well laid out. I grew up in an old house and it felt like coming home. It was terribly hot and humid the whole week, but with the central air conditioning we were never uncomfortable. We took day trips to the arboretum, grist mill, and Long Branch Historic house, all of which are literally five minutes from the house. My sister-in-law got riding lessons at a horse farm around the corner, and we went tubing down the Shenandoah at Watermelon park. The house was spotlessly clean and well equipped. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a relaxing place in the country that isn't super remote.
Blue Hill is located in beautiful Clarke County an oasis for travelers! Here is a sampling of what you can do and see:
• The Shenandoah River follows lazily along the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains and provides both great scenic views and an up close experience with nature. The American Bald Eagle, Blue Herons, Deer, Red Tail Hawks and Osprey are just a few of nature’s guardians that rule this special landscape.
• Burwell-Morgan Mill established in 1785
• Long Branch Historic House and Farm
• Blandy Experimental Farm & the State Arboretum of Virginia
• Small Town USA - Berryville
• Veramar Vineyards
• Tour Route 11 Potato Chip
• WILSON'S WILD ANIMAL PARK
• Winchester CiderWorks - hand crafted apple cider
• Family Drive Inn Theater
• The Fire House Gallery
• Watermelon Park for canoeing, tubing, fishing, swimming
• Berryville Main Street Summer Crafts and Farmers Market
• Nalls Farm Market - best apple dumplings!
• Berryville Monastery - try the jams made by the monks
• Dinosaur Land
• Shen-Valley Flea Market
• Carter Hall
• Belle Grove Plantation
• Barns of Rose Hill
• Shenandoah Caverns
• Crystal Caverns
• Endless Caverns
• Great Country Farms
• Blue Ridge Hot Air Ballons
• WWII Fighter Rides
• Front Royal
• Front Royal Canoe Company
• Marker Miller Orchards
• Butler's Farm Market
• Mount Airy Farmer Market
• Bear's Den
• Shenandoah National Park - Front Royal North Entrance only 32 mintues away
• Sky Meadow Park
• Old Town Winchester
• Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum
• Shenandoah Museum and Gardens
• Eagle Rider Winchester - rent a motorcycle
• The Wagon Wheel Ranch - trail rides
• Royal Horseshoe Farm
• Luray Cavers
• Luray Zoo
• Old Rag Mountain - Shenandoah National Park
• Summit Point Raceway
• The Ashby Inn & Restaurant
• Glen Burnie Estate
• Old Courthouse Civil War Museum
• Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum
• Museum of the Shenandoah Valley
• Mosby’s Confederacy Tour Half
• Ghosts of Old Town Winchester
• Visit Strasburg, Va - stop by the historic Hotel Strasburg
• Patsy Cline Historic House Winchester
• Locke Modern Country Store Millwood, VA
• Focaccia Italian Grill 15 Crow Street 540-955-9005
• Camino Real Mexican 16 Crow Street 540-955-4730
• The Berryville Grille 9 East Main Street 540-955-4317
• The Cookie Guy 23 Crow Street Berryville, VA 22611
• Fox Pizza 616 E Main Street 540-955-3697 (delivers)
• Red Fox Inn 2 East Washington Street 540-687-6301
• Hidden Horse Tavern 7 West Washington Street 540-687-3828
• Hunter’s Head Tavern 9048 John Mosby Highway 540-592-9020
• Lone Oak Tavern 12696 Lord Fairfax Hwy 540-837-1210
• The Chocolate Bar Restaurant 3111 Valley Avenue 540-535-0010
• Violino Ristorante Italiano 181 North Loudoun St 540-667-8006
• Patsy’s Pastry Pizzas 158 North Loudoun Street 540-545-4150
• Lloyd’s Tropical Island Coffee and Café – Jamaican cuisine & coffee 39 West Picadilly St 540-905-802
• Espresso Bar & Cafe Free WiFi - 165 N Loudoun Street 540-686-7209
Or just relax in the hot tub at Blue Hill and watch monarchs, finches, swallowtails and deer and the occasional wild turkey!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add A$54 per night, per additional guest|
The weekly rate is for up to 8 guests. After 8 it is $35 per guest per night. For weekly stays children under 12 are free.
For weddings or receptions please ask about our wedding packages.