Concentrated the history of France and the architecture of the castles, the Château de Villette is registered in whole and its gardens in the supplementary inventory of Historical Monuments. Built in edge of Meuse on cellars of the middle ages, this defence Castle was gradually transformed into pleasure Castle (18th and 19th centuries). It was owned by cardinal Mazarin who is refuge there during the Fronde. Queen Anne of Austria and the young Louis XIV there have joined cardinal before the return of the latter in Paris
. Jean-François de Maucomble, equerry and Secretary Advisor to King Louis XV conducted most of the embellishments and the creation of gardens à la française. Villette also provided refuge to Bishop Nicolas Philbert, friend of Abbé Grégoire, during the revolutionary period called terror. Villette has also witnessed the surrender of the Napoleonic armies in 1870 with 83,000 prisoners and 70,000 horses parked on his land. Also, the castle was occupied by the German army during the two world wars.
The castle which has preserved thanks to a faithful restoration, the soul of its origins is a magical place and out of time for exceptional moments.
From Roissy to motorway A4 to Reims and A34 exit N ° 4 Sedan centre, since Brussels R20, A4/E411 and N89/N, then A34 exit N ° 4
From Strasbourg E25, then N89, then A34 A4 exit N ° 4
Luxembourg Airport 90 km
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
30 Mar 2017 - 30 Mar 2018
1 night minimum stay
|Notes: 1 night|