|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
A modern Lanna style villa, set in a tranquil location, full of natural light with French doors, with a stunning view to the infinity pool and a lake, with rice paddy fields and mountains as the backdrop. It's just outside the city centre so one can enjoy all the sight seeing activities during the day and retreat to your own private space to chill and wind down.
The villa is in a local village with evening markets and great restaurants and convenience store. It also has a spa nearby.
House Rules: Please see villa manual once booking is confirmed
We highly recommend this vacation destination.
- Beautiful spacious home (true to pictures) set against a beautiful lake backdrop. Sunrise over the lake is inspiring; the idyllic setting is a wonderful contrast to to the street sounds you would hear if you stayed in a hotel downtown
- Although in another country, the owner is very responsive and answers e-mails within hours
- The daily housekeeper is a wonderful and sweet local Thai woman who earned a couple stars for this review by herself. She went to the local market for us to gather fresh fruit and local street food every morning. She also recommended a good Thai masseuse and the nearby Doysaket street festival, where we were able to experience a less busy version of a bazaar
- a local Thai restaurant delivers excellent food to the house and instantly knows the location if you say "Mike and Kitty's house"
One comment to help manage expectations:
- The property is about 25-30 minutes cab ride outside of the touristy downtown area and 33 km from airport (around 600 baht fare), so you might want to hire a driver or rent a car if you leave the house frequently. We hired a driver who cost 2000 baht/day but he was at the ready whenever we needed a pickup or drop off. Some attractions (i.e Patara Elephant Park) will send someone to pick you up but you might need the housekeeper to tell them how to get to the property in Thai
Although at first it felt a little tucked out of the way for a first time Chiang Mai family visit, we quickly appreciated waking up in the morning to the sounds of nature rather than the beeping of horns and loud tourists. Having a pool all to ourselves was a great way to enjoy the morning before heading off to our activities. We came back from this vacation fully recharged.
Thank you Kitty and Si!