|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Casa Olea is a small residence made of 4 apartments for a number from 2 to 6 persons. Every room of the house has view on the lake and each apartment exits on the garden separated one to the other by a jasmine hedge. There is a lift that brings guests from the underground garage to the house level. The swimming pool (12 x 3,5 mts) is fitted with sunchairs and shower.
The main attraction of Olea House is its stunning 180 degree view of Lake Como. The house is a superb example of a restoration which is sympathetic to its surroundings. The former farmhouse blends traditional Italian style with contemporary features. The original stone structure has been retained and stone and wood are still the main components. The interior is both modern and functional. The garden, disturbed only by birdsong and hourly church bells, is a haven of tranquillity and relaxation; the private swimming pool as well as the nearby tennis and basket ball court will ensure your complete enjoyment. Everything is designed for the guests to feel comfortable and to make their holiday on Lake Como unforgettable. The house is located in the small village of Perledo, 2 miles drive from Varenna and 50 feet up a hill. Casa Olea takes its name from the 300 olive trees belonging to the property and every November there is an olive picking festival.
1) No regrets stay. Room is fine. Views are superb. Pool is a great cool-off on hot days after trudging around Como.
2) Kitchen in the unit we used had a microwave and cooktop - find for most cooking.
3) Little corner store 3 min away by foot was more than sufficient....wine, fruit, vegetables, bread, cereal, other beverages, pasta, etc etc.
4) Indoor secured parking for your car is included. Bring your Ferrari.
ISSUES TO CONSIDER
We give it 4 stars in spite of the issues here, because if you understand and accept the balance between issues and benefits, and in particular if you value the UNREAL view (as we do) you'll accommodate the issues too.
1) This is a multi-unit building, so if you have noisy neighbors in the room next door...it's, well, noisy. Locals nearby can be noisy too, especially FriSat nights. You want super quiet? Not here, though probably less noisy than down in town. We ended the practice of living in apartments in 1973 and usually rent houses or occasional apartments in Europe, so perhaps we're jaded.
2) Access to town might be problematic - the bus down to the station is infrequent relative to my preference, and doesn't run after late-afternoon to bring you back up the hill after dinner. We used a cab often which was effective but at 10E per trip, some may find the cost prohibitive. We just considered it a cost of this location with a view, as expected. Driving to town each day might be only marginally cheaper than the cab (parking costs), unless we got a free parking spot at the south end of town....but I don't drive home after dinner and wine, and wine at dinner is a requirement in IT travel. :-)
3) The restaurant next door is now a B&B, so that option of travel to dinner by foot is gone. The bar/rest sortathing nearby was closed for the month we were there, so as far as we and the cab driver could determine, if we wanted someone to cook for us, we had to go some distance by car or bus. We prefer walking to dinner in Europe, so this location didn't work for us and may not work for you. Dinners down in town were always winners...just required the cab ride home.
Een modern en comfortabel ingericht appartement (Rosso, rechtsbeneden).
Het huis straalt luxe en comfort uit en is een genot om in te verblijven.
Het uitzicht is geweldig mooi.
Zowel het appartement als het zwembad zijn erg schoon.
Er zijn veel mogelijkheden voor uitstapjes aan het Comomeer of richting Milaan.
I found this property on VRBO This is truly a lovely property overlooking the beautiful Lake Como! We rented the Rosso apartment for a week. First off, the property sits on a hill in the village of Perledo just above Varenna. It has an exceptional view of the lake. Our apartment was two story with the first floor being a bedroom and bath. The bedroom had two windows with a view of the lake. The second floor contained a kitchen, dining area, sofa, and television. The balcony ran the length of the room and the entire lakeside wall was of glass. Signora Sala made optimum use of natural rock and wood throughout the apartment which gave one a lovely rustic feeling. Below our apartment on the property was a grass area, rectangular swimming pool, and below the swimming pool was an enclosed garage for parking and doing laundry. To get to a post office, grocery store which had everything we needed to prepare tasty meals, and a nice local bar that served a delicious lunch all one had to do was walk for a couple of minutes along cobblestone walkways. One has the choice of driving into Varenna, however, we often took a bus that we caught between the grocery store and bar. The cost to take the bus was 1.50 Euro per round trip ticket as I recall. The bus would drop us off at the train station in town. In addition, one could elect to take a taxi for 10 Euro for two each direction. One day we walked down along a narrow meandering path to town which took us approximately 50 minutes to get to the train station. The area was beautiful and quiet. Signora Sala was a pleasure to work with and she was extremely helpful in every way. We loved it and should we visit Lake Como in the future we will stay in the same apartment. We simply enjoyed a wonderful experience.
The location is incredible - perched on a hillside looking down to the Lake and as the property has huge sliding glass windows all the way across the front, the view is totally unobstructed. The village of Perledo is lovely too, all narrow little streets and steps and so Italian, it was just perfect. The local shop is really well stocked as well.
The property and its ground are incredibly stylish, and it felt like a real treat to be in such a superb place. It must have been designed by a fantastic architect and the interior design was great too. Underfloor heating was a nice touch, the pool was ultra swish..I could go on.
To put it simply, we cannot wait to go back.
très belle maison renovée avec ses murs en pierre, vue sur le lac à couper le souffle. Je n'ai malheureusement pas profité de la piscine vu la saison!
Tout le nécessaire à l'intérieur, et ce qu'il faut dans le village (restaurant, épicerie ouverte tard). je recommande chaudement.
We rented the house for the stunning views and to have an relaxing spot out from the main traffic - The location and view was absolutely amazing!
The house was well maintained, more or less new if you ask me. The bathroom had an beautiful natural stone interior and the whole place had an real Italian Loft feel into it, but with an Natural touch of Wood. The bed I would rate to top A class, not too soft as they normally are. The kitchen served our needs and the wi-fi did work as well ( I know, I should have not needed to use that! ). I also did like the secure carrage, easy drive in and the car was safe.
Back to the location. I might not be able to tell you all about that as one needs to go there and see for themselves, but what I can say is: This is one of the most nicest views one can find - If you want to wake up into the beautiful views and the fresh air of the mountains - I think this is for you! The house had an amazing pool where we had our lovely sunbathing even that it was end of August!
The Perledo / Varenna area provides all the needed tools for great holiday. The location is easy to reach. From Varenna one can take a boat trip to all over the Lago di Como - we really enjoyed the trip to Bellagio. Fantastic food can be found close by the Area - Varenna has very nice restaurants and near by little towns will serve you food that is hard to get anywhere else with decent cost - the manager and info cards did provide us enough and beyond info to find them well. If you do have the time, there is plenty of places to see and things to do - If you just want to calm down and relax - this is the location for that as well!
There is so many good things to say about this place - we really had an absolutely wonderful vacation here and I do hope that you will experience the same!
Thanks to Casa Olea central position on Lake of Como you can easily visit the most attractive places on the lake. old villas, typical villages like Bellagio, Menaggio, Gravedona and many others and reach the different beaches on the lake coast. In 10' you can take a train that brings you to Milano, Bergamo, Como in not more than an hour time. Other places you can reach in 1h drive are: Lugano, St. Moritz, different Alps best sites as Passo dello Spluga., Passo San Marco. From Casa Olea you can take old stone walking paths that bring you to the villages of Vezio Castle, Gisazio, Bologna in the nature with breathtaking view sites. In half an hour drive you can take the path that brings you to the top of Grigna mountain (2400 mts.). A guide is recommended. You can find any kind of attraction as sport activities: wind surfing, swimming, trekking; historical guided visits and shopping in towns.