Situated within the heart of Kolonaki, the most exclusive residential quarter of Athens, this comfortable 82 m2 apartment, is perfect for a long or short stay in Athens. The location is very convenient as it is close to the metro and also a short walking distance to many attractions. Although the apartment is in the centre of Athens, it is very quiet. It is decorated with the owner's exclusive artwork, and has everything you will need to feel at home. The kitchen is more that well equipped for preparing food, alternatively there are plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes around.
This spacious apartment was refurnished in 2008, with a lot of style.
A cozy living room with a view on Dexameni Square, a vibrant modern kitchen, an artistic dining-room with an ethnic plate collection, an impressive turquoise small-tile bathroom, a relaxing bedroom with an antique double bed, will all add an artistic note to your vacation.
Wi-Fi high-speed internet access, TV/DVD, fully equipped kitchen, vacuum cleaner, washing machine, central heating, A/C in the sitting room and in the bedroom, bed linen, towels, hairdryer, safe, safety door.
It is the most chic neighbourhood of Athens, one of the liveliest and safest, sheltering wealthy Greeks and foreign Embassies. Glamorous socialites frequent the fashionable cafes, bars, trendy restaurants, ouzeries, tavernas, chic boutiques, private art galleries and designer stores. Small parks, pedestrian streets and the pine-covered slopes of Lycabettus Hill also make Kolonaki a lovely area to experience on foot at any hour of the day or night.
In the neighbourhood:
Supermarkets, dry cleaning, bakeries, butcher shops, pharmacy, banks are just a stroll from the apartment. Every Friday, the Farmer's market down Xenokratous street is full of local produce.
Just across the Square, an Open air Cinema and a very nice café are well worth a visit.
Walking distance attractions not to be missed:
• Benaki Museum, one of the finest private collections in the country inside a preserved neoclassical manor house (5 min)
• Goulandris Museum of Cycladic Art, to admire the Cycladic Art of the 3rd millennium BC. (5 min)
• Acropolis Museum / Acropolis ( 24 min / 30 min, or 2 stations by metro). Stunning!!!
Don’t miss the restaurant on the 2nd floor of the Museum, with panoramic views of the Acropolis
• Byzantine Museum (10 min)
• National Gallery the collections of which comprise more than 16,000 works of painting, sculpture, engraving and other forms of art (15 min)
• War Museum (10 min)
• Concert Hall (Megaro Mousikis) to enjoy a classical concert (15 min)
• Numismatic Museum. Hosted in an impressively decorated building, designed by the german architect Ernst Ziller in 1878 as the residence of the Schliemann family. Its name, meaning the «Palace of Troy», was associated with the discovery of the ancient city by Heinrich Schliemann. (10 min)
• Syntagma Square, home to the Greek Parliament (11 min)
• Monastiraki flea market (20 min, or 2 stations by metro)
• Plaka, the picturesque old historical neighbourhood of Athens, clustered around the slopes of the Acropolis (15 min)
• Thisio (30 min, or 3 stations by metro+train) to walk through ancient Agora and visit the Temple of Hephaestus
• Lycabettus Hill, the highest point in Athens that gives a 360 degree spectacular view of the whole city! : Take the funicular (10 min) or walk up (20 min) to the St.George Church to enjoy breathtaking views of Athens. Lycabettus Theater on the top hosts various performances during the summer months