When you book through the HomeAway checkout, your booking is backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee™ offering comprehensive payment protection.Learn more
This place located very close to Nairobi's International Airport (JKIA) is a 2 bedroom furnished apartment with comfortable beds, pristine bedding and high quality white linen. Don't miss your flight! Book with us and save yourself from traffic jams.
BEFORE BOOKING OUR PLACE
*Please take a good look at ALL the details of this property and confirm that you are okay with the location and All the of the house rules and vital country information. This is to ensure that you will have a smooth arrival, be a good fit and really enjoy your stay with us, knowing what to expect and what is expected of you.
Kindly note that this place is an apartment located near Kenya's main international airport, JKIA airport, which, as expected is also not near to the city's upmarket areas or Nairobi's CBD. If you have an issue with this, then I'm sorry this may not be right the listing for you.
The space is perfect for both short-term and longer-term travelers and for anyone comfortable with a more authentic and local Kenyan vibe; If this is something you'd naturally enjoy, then this is probably the perfect listing for you :)
To get to the apartment from the airport or Nairobi CBD for instance, you drive through a local market, where the vendors either strip their wares on a mat by the roadside, or a makeshift structure.
This not only gives you an opportunity to meet the very friendly shoppers and vendors in their real element; but also is a chance to buy some fresh produce and come make yourself a gourmet meal in our fully equipped kitchen.
One bedroom is en suite. There is also a separate shower and toilet for use by the second bedroom occupants. Both bedrooms include large wardrobes to store your clothing.The windows are large enough to let in natural sunlight; but also have very beautiful curtains to block out the sun.
The blue themed living room is beguiling, relaxing, and alluring. By creating a calming harmonious vibe, it makes you wanna take a seat and get a glass of chilled tropical juice or a bowl of hot soup and chat the day away with family and/or friends. Comfortable seating on the locally hand-made couches also make reading, playing a board game, or conversing with loved ones a pleasant pastime.
The dining table offers you a perfect place to enjoy your meal. A rattan basket of fresh fruits in season sets the mood for your visit and is available for you to enjoy :)
A complimentary breakfast is included in the room price. The kitchen is fully stocked with basic ingredients such as milk, eggs, tea, coffee, etc. and you are welcome to prepare your breakfast.
Delicious lunches and dinners with a Kenyan touch are also available at an additional cost. Kindly pay for and make your requests for Lunch and/or dinner from our menu list by 3:00 pm the day before; should you like to take advantage of these special offers.
We also offer various additional services such as airport transfers (US$ 15 one way). Kindly note that delays of more than one hour from when you tell us to pick you up will incur a surcharge of $5 every 1 hour as we use taxi services. Therefore, promptly share with us any flight changes or delays. We also do provide city/countryside tours which can be arranged for competitive rates.
House Rules: ON ARRIVAL
* Kindly inform us If there is a problem with the apartment and/or its facilities as soon as possible to enable us remedy any issues. Your comfort is if our utmost priority.
* No pets allowed unless it's a guide/service pet.
* Treat the space as you would treat your own
* Be respectful of your neighbors - avoid unnecessary loud noise at night and early mornings.
*Any time from 3 pm (15:00 hours).
- Should you plan to arrive before 3 pm, kindly inform us in advance and have your reservation confirmed by the evening before your arrival to guarantee room availability and airport pick up if required.
*On check-in, please complete our registration form and present your photo ID which we take a copy of. Should you have an issue with this, kindly contact me BEFORE booking the unit.
We make every effort to accommodate guest schedules while considering arrival/departure of in-coming/existing guests and necessary cleaning times. Therefore:
* Normal check out (FROM THE BEDROOMS) is before, or at 12:00 noon to give us enough time to prepare for the next guest.
* If you would like to stay in the bedrooms after 12:00 noon but before 2PM, kindly pay 50% of one night.
*If you would like to stay after 2:00 PM, kindly pay an entire night(s) and any costs incurred by us to compensate a guest who had reserved the night(s) of/after your departure date and any subsequent nights.
* Please settle any outstanding bills and arrange for us to inspect the unit before your departure.
* Should you need assistance with super early drop-off or late pick-up, please let us know in advance.
*We embrace our guests and their traveling companions.
*However, kindly notify us at least 2 hours in advance if you intend to have a visitor, other than those confirmed on the booking to use the facilities. This includes your local contacts here that may be providing you with various legal services e.g. transportation, food deliveries, etc.
*Approved guests' visitors (conditions apply) should vacate the premises by 10:00 PM.
*For your own safety and that of others, anyone whom you let into the property without our approval/notification is considered an unauthorized guest.
*Hosting unauthorized guests will attract a fine of $200, removal from the property without reimbursement and reporting to the Police.
* It is expected that guests accept responsibility for their visitors and escort them 100% of the time that they are in the facility.
I provide basics such as coffee, milo, tea, milk, eggs, bread, jam, butter, cereal, etc, for your use at breakfast. :)
Please expect to handle your own luggage. The unit is located on the first floor.
SAFETY & SECURITY
* Do not share the keys with anyone.
* Missing keys are a security issue for us. Therefore, we will charge you a $60 fine for any set of missing keys because we will have to replace the necessary locks.
*Do not answer the door if you don't know who is calling.
*Please notify us immediately via the cell phone provided, if anyone you do not know asks you to grant them permission into the apartment
*Please let us know in advance if you are expecting guests.
* Strictly no smoking inside the apartment. We are absolutely committed to keeping the environment smoke free.
* Consideration must be given to others.
* Penalties will be incurred for violating this policy.
*A cleaning fee of $300 will be charged to any guest that smokes in the apartment.
* Smoking in public is illegal in Kenya and is a punishable offence. Please note that this includes the entire airport compound (both inside and outside the terminals) .
* Guests have 100% access to the kitchen and all its facilities.
- The only catch is that you promptly clean, dry, and put back into the shelves everything that you use.
* If you cook, please clean up the stove surfaces. The same applies for the microwave, blender, toaster, etc.
LINENS, FURNITURE & FITTINGS
*All linen and towels provided are white in color and cleaned after every use.
*Kindly do also note that all linen and towels are washed in eco-friendly unscented laundry detergent since its impossible for me to tell if the next guest is sensitive or not to artificial scents.
*Please respect the furniture and fittings for your enjoyment and for other guests.
*While using the facilities, kindly abstain from use of substances that stain the tile grout, basins and the linen (e.g. freshly applying spray tans, hair dye, massage oils, etc)
* The removal of dye or such marks will incur an additional cleaning cost of $200 and/or replacement of the affected area or item.
* Please report to us any breakages or damages that happen during your stay.
* Damage/breakage to crockery & glasses will be settled by agreement (minimum $5.00) since they all come in sets and difficult to replace individually.
* All other damages will be settled by agreement.
DRUGS & NARCOTICS
*Zero tolerance for drugs and narcotics in the apartment, and Kenya at large.
FOOD IN THE ROOMS
*Please don't leave any open food/drink out in the rooms because it will attract ants and cockroaches which are very prevalent in the tropics. Kindly store them in the fridge or covered in the storage containers provided.