|Minimum Stay||3 - 5 nights|
All Stainless Steel Appliances
Sleek Contemporary Cabinetry
Granite Countertops In Kitchen And Bath
Wood-Style Flooring Throughout
Large Walk-In Closets & Generous Storage
Private Patios & Balconies
Relaxing Soaking Tubs
Washer And Dryer In Every Residence
Two Bedroom + Two Full Bathrooms
Salt Water Pool with Cabanas and Outdoor Grilling Area
Clubroom with Fireplace, Bar, Billiards, Shuffleboard & Media Center
Fully Equipped Fitness and Aerobic Studio Available 24/7
Panoramic Skyline And City Views
Serene Zen Courtyard
Conference Room Available For Resident Use
Interactive iPad Station
Pet Grooming Lounge and Leash Free Dog Run
Controlled-Access Building & Structured Parking
We needed a place for 6 people to stay for a conference in downtown Nashville. We were delighted to find this condo and the owner was over the top helpful with the many questions we had not just about the condo, but also about Nashville, getting around and making the most of our stay! Wish we were coming back to the same location next year...we wouldn't hesitate to stay here again! Thank you so much for the wonderful stay!
- Our location manager, Shawn, was super nice and just a phone call away. She made check-in easy.
- location is decent. It was within a 10-12 minute walk of Broadway and where we needed to be. However, it's also near a major bus station, so there were quite a few homeless people on our walks to/from the apartment (as a female, this is a safety concern).
- Lots of space. Apartment was bigger than expected and comfortably fit 6 people.
- One too many companies to deal with. Booked through Home Away, then paid through a different company, then communicated with a DIFFERENT company. I never really knew who I was supposed to talk to and it made things super confusing.
- Listing was in USD, but actually paid in Euros. This should be noted on the listing.
- Difficult to get a hold of the company. Phone calls got filtered to various numbers and it felt like a scam.
- ONE key fob for the main door downstairs....for SIX people. Granted, we were together most of the time, but this makes it difficult to really do anything. Likewise, we had one physical key, a bluetooth key fob thing, and then an eKey (used an app on your phone. This worked inconsistently).
- Water leak above the shower head in the bathroom. Woke up to pieces of the ceiling on the floor of the tub. Thankfully no one was showering when it happened....
- POORLY stocked apartment. If you're functioning as a home stay, at least leave more than ONE roll of toilet paper! And trash bags. And maybe a dish sponge. We basically had to go out and stock the whole apartment.
- Apartment semi-clean. Floors were quite dirty. Bedding had stains.
My biggest issue: we were relocated from the original listing we made. WITHOUT BEING TOLD. We ended up half a mile further from where we were originally. AND, we were downgraded from a 2 bed/2 bath to a 2 bed/1 bath. HUGE difference for 6 people. When I called to get an explanation, I was basically told, "Oh well. Sorry. You're staying here anyway." We got "complimentary" late check-out. Not renting any properties from this listing ever again.
-The property location was excellent!
- Cute place
- The Gulch area has a lot to offer and is very close to the downtown Broadway area.
- Both bedrooms had comfortable beds and the unit was clean.
-The pool and workout areas are very nice.
-Good response from the landlord
-Nice to have washer/dryer and refrig.
-Gulch area seemed good for younger professionals
-Good restaurants in the Gulch
-Unit is very close to train tracks so bring ear plus, otherwise you will be up early!
-We had 6 adults, and the until said it could sleep 6 comfortably, however the "pull out" couch in the living room isn't a pull out couch, its a very small efficiency apartment sectional that was super hard and it barely worked for 2 adults. Unit can sleep 4 comfortably, and maybe 1 more semi comfortably?
-We had to pay for a parking pass for the weekend and had to pay in cash but didn't know that until we checked in
We wanted to stay here due to the location. We had a great time in Nashville, but...
First and foremost- the rental company associated with this unit is horrendous. They are disorganized and when I called about some issues they were rude to me over the phone and did not provide any sense of "customer service." The manager, Shawn, was accusatory and unwilling and unable to acknowledge or address the problem. I would not have left such a horrible review if it weren't for the rental company.
My issues that I wanted addressed were that both bed frames were broken and had been shoddily patched unsuccessfully. They were uncomfortable and frankly inadequate for any rental. It just so happened that the smoke detectors began chirping while we were there. We removed the batteries and carried on. When I called about these two things at the end of our stay I was questioned why I waited until the end of my stay. I didn't want the hassle of dealing with it to interfere with our stay, and it turns out that was a really smart move.
What I didn't even bother mentioning to the rental company was, as described in another review, some towels were still in the washer. They only provided 1 fob for 6 guests- terribly inconvenient. And the arrival/check-in was confusing and awkward and another reason why I waited to voice my complaints.
We enjoyed ourselves, but I would advise choosing a different place to stay.
Couple of comments about the place we stayed at, first off it was great and will be our go to Nashville crash pad. The towel rod in the upstairs bathroom was installed incorrectly and won't hold the weight of a towel. We might have fixed iit, but you might want to check. The cobwebs on the ceiling got everyone's attention and under the sofa was kinda scary. We found a spoon though... Liek I said, other than those two things we loved it and will be back. Thanks again.
Great location, but was disappointed with the cleanliness of the condo. The elevator was not operational when we got there and had to carry our bags six flights of stairs. On the surface the unit looked clean, but was not. The garbage had not been dumped and was running over in the kitchen. It was obvious the floor had not been swept. The shower had black hair in the drain and the white bedspread had what appeared to be a fresh blood stain. Housekeeping did arrive to dump the garbage and remove the bedspread, but had no replacement. Beware, the trains are quite active at night with quite a bit of noise. We brought earplugs just in case and were glad we had them.
Regardless of the cleanliness, it was a great location with good restaurants and some shopping. We would stay in the Gulch area again, but not in this building.