Nestled in the greenery of Poerani Moorea’s tropical garden, the fare Mata'i ( "wind") combines modern comforts and Polynesian tradition.
This wooden bungalow of 42 m2 has a fully equipped kitchen (with Nespresso machine, welcome dosettes, gas cooker, microwave oven, toaster, coffee maker, kettle, rice cooker, neat dishes ...) a large living room naturally ventilated (sofa, flat screen TV, fan...), a bedroom with air conditioning * and a safe, a bathroom with walk-in shower and toilet. You can relax and dine in peace on its large covered deck. All linens (sheets, bath and beach towels, tea towels) are provided.
Only a few steps are needed to reach the beach front and lagoon.
The fare Mata’i is part of Poerani Moorea, a luxury property located on the island of Moorea, on the lagoon, in a flowered and lush garden of almost 1,500 square-meters, fully fenced, without vis-à-vis.
With roofs of red cedar tiles, decks in exotic woods, traditional local architecture with naturally ventilated spaces, carved tikis, private lagoon access, Poerani Moorea ("Moorea's celestial pearl") claims its deep Polynesian roots and offers all the comforts and equipment necessary for a peaceful and rejuvenating stay.
Its 32 meters of private beach front ensure a direct lagoon access, for refreshing or sports swimming, snorkeling trips, sea kayaking...
You can live Poerani Moorea the way you want: completely independently (the fare Mata’i is a short walk or bike from the numerous shops of Maharepa) or taking advantage of the many services provided by your hosts, Stéphane and Franck.
You will enjoy the beach, the direct access to the lagoon, the tropical garden, the outdoor furniture, the sea kayaks and the free bicycles.
For your independence and security, we will issue a "beep" that powers the electric gate giving access to the property.
Stéphane and Franck are at your service throughout your stay: do not hesitate to ask them about your desires excursions and discover Moorea.
You will also be welcomed by our dog Artaban and our two cats, Jean-Paul and Marijo. All 3 are very gentle and sociable.
Poerani Moorea is located 15 minutes from Vaiare (ferry terminal to Papeete) and 5 minutes from the Moorea aerodrome.
To prepare your trip to French Polynesia, here's some useful information:
- As in any tropical region, mosquitoes are present in French Polynesia, especially during the rainy season. It is easy to protect yourself with a mosquito repellent that you will find in pharmacy or in the shops of the island.
- Protect yourself from the sun with a high-index sunscreen (even in gray weather).
- Geckos (small lizards) are very common in Polynesian dwellings. Perfectly harmless, they are very useful against insects.
- The « cent-pieds », a centipede with a very painful sting, is found chiefly in moist places.
- In the lagoon, it is advisable to wear aquatic shoes to protect yourself from corals and a possible (but rare) encounter with a venomous stone fish.
- The electrical standards are different from those of the US in particular. Think of bringing an AC adapter.
* In order to respect the environment, we ask you to ensure a reasonable use of air conditioning in your room (closing windows and doors, off when you are not present).