When you arrive at this recently renovated, very private cedar cabin hideaway, you will find yourself away in the woodlands, but perfectly located halfway between both Yosemite entrances – so you can experience the unique beauty of each! Easy access summer and winter.
So very cozy for a much needed retreat from stresses of daily life and the city. This rustic and very comfortable cabin has all the modern comforts of home plus more! You don’t have to settle for a musty older cabin. Valerian Retreat is a two bedroom retreat that features updated everything!
Valerian Retreat is newly furnished. The kitchen has granite counter tops and newer appliances with all you will need to prepare meals … or not if you wish to eat in town. We have installed 2 flat screen TV's with Roku and Blue Ray player for your enjoyment after you return from the park. Complimentary Netflix movies are provided. There is also free Wi-Fi for Internet or a 'working' holiday.
Cozy bedrooms and open floor plan with woodland view everywhere you look.
You can sit outdoors on the patios and enjoy great sunset evenings most seasons. Dine indoors or outdoors and take walks around the grounds to enjoy nature. For those hot summer days or cold winter nights, there is central air conditioning and heating (a rare, desirable feature in such rustic homes, as opposed to the typical noisy bedroom wall units).
This location is a great place to retreat to after a busy day with the crowds of summer in Yosemite. The cabin is set back along a charming winding driveway on five quiet acres with nothing to hear but the birds and the breeze through the large oak trees that make for special shade. (Yet, you have the best of both worlds, because a convenience store, great little restaurant and gas station are just a mile away. You might want to ask how far other rustic cabins are from picking up that quart of milk. :-)
The cabin is also the perfect hideaway in the fall, winter and spring. When it snows, the property, with its special setting, is usually covered with only a lighter layer of snow allowing easier access, while still providing our guests with that inviting and beautiful snowscape.
If you need more space for a family reunion or get together of friends, we have a 40 acre property with the 3 bedroom newly redone Cottage Retreat - VRBO # 754978 - winner of over 60 Five Star reviews and the remarkable 2 bedroom Log House Retreat - Home Away # 2519215 - completed in November of 2017 with over 25 Five Star reviews.
Peace and quiet are the best things you’ll notice when you stay at Valerian Retreat. It is set back just one mile off the main route 49, near the historic town of Mariposa and is half way between two entrances to Yosemite Park. You’ll want to sample both easy but different drives into Yosemite - either via the west entrance with HWY 140 along the valley floor beside the Merced River or via the south entrance with HWY 41 through the Sierra mountains.
Come and visit! You won’t want to leave.
Valerian Retreat is a great starting location for day trips to many points of interest:
1. To Yosemite west entrance –
Go north on route 49 to reach the arch rock highway 140 entrance that takes you through the historic town of Mariposa and along the valley floor of the scenic Merced River canyon. It is a beautiful drive which will take you about 45 minutes to an hour to reach the park. There are many places along the road to stop and enjoy the wild and scenic river. This area is known for spectacular wild flower viewing.
2. To Yosemite south entrance –
Go south on route 49 to reach Oakhurst - a larger town with many services, dining and shopping options. In Oakhurst, you will turn left onto highway 41 east to wind your way up the mountain into Yosemite Park through the quaint little villages of Fish Camp and Wawona – both places of many interests. Near Wawona is the must see Mariposa Grove of giant redwoods. As you drive further toward Yosemite just after the tunnel, be sure to pull off to see the spectacular view of the Yosemite valley from above.
3. Bass Lake is located fifteen minutes from Oakhurst. It is a hopping place during warm weather for water sports and just catching some sun and a picnic for the day. Bass Lake offers water sports rentals, shops, casual as well as fine dining options. 'Ducey's on the Lake' is a favorite restaurant.
4. There are 3 local golf courses just minutes away: Sierra Meadows, River Creek and Wawona; the latter is just inside Yosemite.
5. During the winter months you can travel to Badger Pass to enjoy downhill and cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
6. Many of the communities have many other activities throughout the year! On local websites you can find events like festivals, the arts and wineries to explore. Mariposa has a zip line and river rafting in the summer, as well as horseback riding on forested trails.
7. Mariposa has its own airport just 10 minutes from town and 20 minutes from the cabin. Car rentals are available at the airport with advance reservations.
8. Fresno international Airport is about 1 hour and 15 minute drive to the cabin.
Valerian Retreat is owned by Cottage Retreats LLC.