FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS/KEY THINGS TO KNOW:
- There is 1 free, off-street parking spot in the driveway at the back of the house that is yours to use. The driveway is narrow but will fit an average sized sedan.
- While several restaurants nearby have recently opened, a car is recommended to get to grocery store, Metro and/or downtown attractions. Alternative could be to use taxi/Uber/Lyft, etc.
- Rowhouse borders busy street. You will hear street noise.
- The electrical outlet in the bathroom is up high on a light fixture. I recommend our guests use outlets in the bedrooms or downstairs.
- Nearest Metro is Fort Totten which is 1 mile (1.6 km) away.
- Property is located 5 miles (8 km) north of downtown tourist attractions which will take you about 25 minutes by car or about 45 minutes using the Metro.
- Property is 4 miles (6.4 km) from the Convention Center. You can take the Green or Yellow line from Fort Totten Metro. Transit time on the subway is about 35 minutes.
- This home may not be used to host parties or events of any kind.
- This home may not serve as a media site of any kind (i.e. film, tv, photography).
- No pets of any kind are allowed.
- Smoking of cigarettes, marijuana, or any other substance is strictly prohibited
- Use, manufacture, and/or distribution of drugs of any kind is strictly prohibited
- Make sure to read through all of the terms and conditions, including the Short Rental Agreement, prior to booking.
Save money spent on high-priced DC hotels; and instead, live like a local in this classic, fully furnished 3-bedroom, 1-bathroom DC rowhouse. All you need to do is bring your suitcase! Built in 1930, this home has been updated while preserving some of the historic charm such as original hardwood floors throughout and subway tile in the bathroom. Comfortably sleeps up to 6 people. Free high speed, wireless internet. There are 2 TVs with basic cable: a smart TV (you can log in with your Netflix, Hulu, etc account) in the 1st floor living room and a TV in master bedroom. A full size washer/dryer is located in the basement that is free for you to use. During the warm months, enjoy a seat on the patio and use the charcoal barbecue grill. All bed linens, towels, and kitchen cookware and utensils are provided. A car is recommended when staying at this rental. This property borders a fairly busy street, and you will hear street noise. The nearby Brightwood neighborhood/Kennedy St area is experiencing a revival with several restaurants and bars that have recently opened within walking distance of the rental (see pics).
PUBLIC TRANSIT: Fort Totten Metro Station is 1 mile away where you can catch the Red, Green, and Yellow lines. There is parking, but it tends to fill up quickly. There is a bus stop near the rental that will take you to Fort Totten Metro. I advise my guests to use DC's main train hub, Union Station (Amtrak, Metro, MARC) which is 5 miles away. It has a large parking lot, shops, and restaurants. Other alternatives nearby are Takoma Metro Station which is 2 miles away, has a small parking lot, and is on the Red line; and Georgia Ave Petworth Station which is 2 miles away, has no parking, and is on the Green and Yellow Line.
NEARBY SIGHTSEEING/ATTRACTIONS- Smithsonian National Zoo is 3.5 miles (5.6 km) away. The closest entrance to Rock Creek Park which has trails, golf, tennis, canoeing and more is only 1.5 miles (2.4 km) away. Howard University is 3 miles (4.8 km) away. Catholic University is 2 miles (3.2 km) away. The Basilica of the National Shrine is 2.5 (4 km) miles away.
DOWNTOWN SIGHTSEEING: The Smithsonian museums and major DC landmarks are 5 miles (8 km) away.
PRO SPORTS TEAMS/VENUES: Basketball - Washington Wizards - Verizon Center, 5 miles (8 km) away. Baseball - Washington Nationals - Nationals Park, 7 miles (11.2 km) away, American Football - Washington Redskins - FedEx Field, 11 miles (17.7 km) away. Soccer/Football - DC United - RFK Stadium, 8 miles (12.9 km) away.
COOLING/HEATING: During the warm months, there are several in-window air conditioning units that keep the entire house cool. There is also a portable fan. When the weather is cold, the house is heated by radiators throughout the house and controlled on a central thermostat located on the first floor. Be forewarned, for your comfort you will likely need to set the thermostat higher than 70F, especially when upstairs at night. Space heaters available upon request.
GROCERY STORE: There are 2 Walmarts that are each 1 mile (1.6 km) away and a Safeway that is about 1.5 miles (2.4 km) away
BIKE RENTAL: Capital Bikeshare has a bike rental station a short walk from the townhouse and has several drop off/pick up points in the area.
Renter(s) canceling reservations over 30 days prior to arrival will be issued a full refund. Renter(s) canceling reservations less than 30 days but more than 14 days to arrival date will be issued a full refund less the $200 security deposit. Renter(s) canceling reservation less than 14 days prior to arrival date will not receive any refund. This excludes any processing fees assessed by this booking website which may be non-refundable.