5 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 13
Yira De la Paz
- english, spanish
100% refund if cancelled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Our Second Stay
Once again my family and I were pleased with our stay at this location. Keep making improvements and we will definitely be back.
Did not meet our expectations
We expected so much more from this rental; and, unfortunately, it did not meet / or exceed our expectation but we still made the best of our vacation. We were supposed to get the door access code the day before arrival but did not receive the access code until hours before our arrival. Upon arrival I informed the property manager of the following concerns that we immediately noticed:
1. The grass was overgrown so we requested that the grass be cut considering the wildlife in the area and we had children. (The grass was not cut during the entire duration of our 5 day stay.)
2. There was no air mattresses. (One was provided the next day.)
3. The ice maker was broken in the freezer. (Housekeeping came and jiggled the ice maker which seemed to resolve the issue.)
4. There was no garbage can in the kitchen. (The garbage can was located outside with ants and dirt on the outside which Housekeeping cleaned and brought back in the next day.)
5. There was no shower liner in the bathroom and there was a big crack in the tub. (Housekeeping believed the crack occurred from the previous week / renters and they provided a shower liner the next day.)
6. All the bulbs went out in the dining room fixture. (This was resolved the next day.)
The following are issues that we experienced during our stay that cannot be captured in pictures:
7. The master shower is very deep. If you are shorter than 5'4" then you may need assistance getting in and out of the shower to prevent you from slipping or getting hurt. My sister-in-law got a 6-7 inch cut on her leg getting out of the shower.
8. The Entertainment room has no Central AC, only a portable AC which does not cool the room to the same degree as the rest of the house.
9. Many of the sheets and pillow cases were dirty with white stains. I assume the pillow cases were saliva spots but I can only imagine what the white spots on the sheets were. I had to go to the Master bedroom closet to find clean sheets and pillow cases to replace the sheets and pillow cases that were already on the beds and pillows. Even the extra blankets, pillow cases, and sheets provided didn't smell so clean so I ended up washing many of the blankets, sheets, and pillow cases. In addition, one room had a pair of women's underwear under the bed.
Pro's: The house was very spacious and had plenty of bath towels. The Property Manager was also very responsive and kind.
We made the best of the situation and our vacation.
Thanks for your Input
We no longer work with those property managers.
A lot of the issues described have been fixed.
Sheets , lawn, shower,, garbage can etc. we take your reviews seriously and make changes as soon as we can.
We encourage for you to reach out to us during tour stay to let us know and fix things while you’re here.
This was my first time using Vrbo. I rented this property for it's huge beautiful yard. The pictures on the site are a bit deceiving. Such a beautiful property, but it's not being kept to standards. The yard hasn't been landscaped in quite awhile. The weeds are literally a foot high. I was told by one of the property managers they would come the day of the event and landscape, but that was a lie. Later that day I received another call from the property manager this time a female and she told me there's no landscaper due to their high price, but they are still looking. There's only 1 kayak, but the steps to the lake are corroded and missing a few. The lake is a disaster and has mad bugs flying around. The beautiful bridge to the dock is blocked off by a giant mother in law plant. There's actually 4 bedrooms and a garage converted into a game room with a sofa bed and a wall bed you pull down, but this room does not have central A.C. It has a portable A.C unit. In one of the rooms there's a bunk bed with the ceiling fan only inches away from decapitating your head if you so happen to sit up in the middle of the night. The tub in one of the bathrooms has a crack about 8 inches long that if you step near it you can get cut. The property manager's do not return your calls or texts: especially if its to complain about the property. When we arrived the dumpster were filled to the rim, leaving us no where to put our garbage. All in all It's a beautiful house if non of these things I mentioned bother you.
We take reviews very seriously.
We actually do not work with those property managers any more as we did notice property not being maintained well.
The landscaping has since been maintained and cleaned up. The inside of the home is being maintained as previous. The lake is maintained by the city. There was a lot of garbage with this guest as they had a party so it overwhelmed the capacity of bins. We not have more bins and garbage is being monitored more closely.
We welcome input from guests and make changes accordingly.
disappointing stay May 2019
I asked to check in the night before my scheduled stay so let's put it out here that the owner gave me a discount for that additional night. I got there at 5pm and with the cleaning lady still im thw house I called the house managers to come down and take note of broken furniture dirty stained rugs AC not working dryer not working dirty front and back yard dirty patio broken tub in bathroom. the 5th bedroom pull out bed can't be called that no air goes in or out of that room unbearable hot. I placed multiple calls emails texts only answered on the date of my arrival when the house manager came to take note and the date before my departure with a sorry for the inconvenience. I went the extra length of buying black heavy duty trash bags to separate my garbage from the disaster left in the already full trash bins. all I am reporting is supported by pictures all shared with the house manager. before writing this review I sent a seperate message to the owner after my stay no response a week after. I got there the night before my guests arrival and saved what I could of that trip. the only good part of that whole stay was the pool.
Clean and convenient location for our stay.
Nice home with pool and lake. It met our needs.
Great place for big family
Quiet clean neighnourhood.
Lots of room for our 8 guest. Pool was great.