Experience the hidden gem of the Gold Coast when you stay at 'Island Time,' a 3-bedroom, 3.5-bath vacation rental home for 12 in Hayward! Boasting 4,000 square feet, this home showcases a charming yet modern interior highlighted by sunshine pouring through the floor-to-ceiling windows. Relax at home with the cozy gas fireplace and in-floor heat or venture out to for kayaking, fishing, and mountain biking nearby! There are plenty of cross-country skiing and snowmobiling trails to explore as well.
Master Bedroom: King Bed | Bedroom 2: 2 Twin Beds, Twin-over-Queen Bunk Bed | Bedroom 3: 2 Twin Beds, Twin-over-Queen Bunk Bed | Basement: Queen Sleeper Sofa
Start your morning with a cup of coffee in the breakfast nook before heading out to the dock to kayak the day away. This sweet spot is an outdoor oasis, with access to kayaks, a trampoline and hundreds of local islands to explore! From the moment you arrive at 'Island Time,' you’ll never want to leave.
The 3-story home is set on flat wooded land just steps from the lake. You don't even have to walk downstairs to reach the water, or you can simply the enjoy unobstructed views from both inside and out of the home.
Give your sore muscles a break with an afternoon spent relaxing inside. Unwind with a movie on the flat-screen satellite TV, or unplug with a good book in one of the 2 quieter sitting areas. The cozy fireplace, heated floors, and Northwoods decor envelopes you in the spirit of Hayward!
The kitchen is fully equipped to ensure that cooking for a crowd can be done with ease. Utilize the stainless steel appliances and ample counter space to perfect your home-cook creation, as eager bystanders watch from the 4-person breakfast bar. Serve up your feast to the family around the 8-person dining table.
As the evening comes to a close, bring a bottle of wine out to the dock to celebrate another successful day spent in Hayward. After watching a spectacular sunset to the west, the first-floor master and 2 guest bedrooms await you inside with soft linens and ample sleeping space.
Just a few steps out the door will take you to the beautiful waters of Lake Chippewa. Spend the day swimming, sunbathing, boating, jet skiing, tubing and fishing in the Flowage! If you're a self-proclaimed fishing pro, visit in September to take part in the annual Musky Hunt!
The Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest expands across northern Wisconsin, and this home is ideally situated just miles away. Take a day-trip to the forest to hike and mountain-bike through the many trails, or dive into the great outdoors with an overnight camping trip at Black Lake - just 45 minutes from the property!
Golfers will be in absolute paradise with 9 courses in the area. If you're feeling lucky, there's a casino just down the road!
During the winter, experience some of the best ice fishing on Lake Chippewa. Crappie, Bluegills, and Pike fill these Wisconsin waters. If you prefer a quicker pace, rent snowmobiles and explore the surrounding terrain. You’ll also find many cross-country skiing and downhill skiing close to the property. If you’re willing to venture further, make your way to Christie Mountain for some family skiing, snowboarding, or tubing!
Live like a local and drive 20 minutes into the charming town of Hayward. Browse the quaint shops and restaurants, visit the Freshwater Fishing Hall-of-Fame, and take a tour of the Wilderness Walk Zoo. End the day on a sweet note with a treat from Tremblay's Sweet Shop!
THE EVOLVE DIFFERENCE
Evolve Vacation Rental Network is on a mission to make vacation rental easy for guests. Every property in our network has been vetted and verified so you can book with confidence. If you have questions prior to your trip, we are happy to assist you 7 days a week. During your stay, your designated Guest Contact will be available 24/7 to help with any issues that may arise.
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, free WiFi, heated floors, two 60-inch flat-screen satellite TVs, one 50-inch flat-screen satellite TVs, in-floor heating, jetted tub, sound bar speakers, a gas fireplace, trampoline, outdoor fire pit, private lakefront deck, kayaks, dock access, driveway parking for 4 cars, and much more!
- Picturesque Hayward location - perched on the edge of Chippewa Lake with nearby access to dozens of outdoor activities and local fun in downtown Hayward!
- Easy access to winter activities including snowmobiling, downhill skiing, cross-country skiing, tubing, and more!
- Nearest Commercial Airport: Duluth International Airport, 4701 Grinden Drive, Duluth, MN 55811, (~ 100 miles away from the property)
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- Please note that the outdoor paver patios, fire pit and lower level walkout project will be completed in May 2018