Discover a beautiful and charismatic retreat unique in all the world. Sleep under the stars on a bed that rides out onto a private deck on rails!
Inspired by the Telluridium mines of the 1800s, our compound of houses has an elegant yet rambling flow that accentuates the stunning views of sandstone valleys and mountain ranges.
The Laybourne Family Retreat is a place to:
• Come together over gourmet meals in the chef's kitchen.
• Build a campfire in our beautiful sandstone fire pit.
• Enjoy the outdoors with volleyball, hiking, hammock-swinging, picnicking or frisbee golf in the summer - and cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and igloo building in the winter.
• Curl up in front of a roaring fire with a good book, or watch a great movie on our flat-screen HD television.
• Reconnect with friends and family in a house that offers groups opportunities for both privacy and community.
It's simply the most beautiful base camp you could ever find for adventures in Telluride, Ridgeway, Ouray, Durango, Mesa Verde, and more! Please note that Telluride and Ridgeway are each about 45 minutes away from the house - a bit more in the winter.
The 'train house' with 3 full-sized beds in private berths and a gang shower.
Sleeping tower with two bedrooms, each with its own private half-bath.
Formal guest room that sleeps 3 with its own full bath.
Master bedroom with full bath and a bed that rides out on rails so that you can sleep under the stars!
A large 16 X 16 miner's tent with 2 cots for summer adventures!
Frisbee golf course
Beautiful patio with a giant polished sandstone table
Giant outdoor chess/checkerboard
Collection of rare animation cells
Custom-built log banquet table that seats 20 poised on the mesa's edge
Gas grill, charcoal grill and a smoker
Playful and artful decor
Lots of games and toys for young ones
and breathtaking views!
This home can be rented in combination with our dear friend's fabulous, dog and horse-friendly property down the road --
http://www.vrbo.com/757067 (right down the road) for larger family gatherings and groups.
This home is also available for sabbatical visits and extended stays - at a highly discounted rate. Please contact us for more information.
- The road is a dirt road. It is plowed in the winter months, but you MUST have a 4WD vehicle.
- The property is not available for weddings or large events.
- There are stairs in most buildings.