MINIMUM STAY: 3-day-minimum.
Summer and Fall: One-week minimum.
Please ask us: if there are not enough days between two bookings to meet the minimum stay requirement, we will work with you. Otherwise, for less than 3-days stay, we add 15% more a night.
This 1100 sf house is a “must see” to appreciate all the upgrades and finishes in this tri-level contemporary chic home. It is nestled in the heart of Noe Valley one of San Francisco most desirable neighborhood and home of many famous Silicon Valley entrepreneurs. The house is a short 3 minutes walk (we timed it) to 24th street to get your morning cappuccino from one of the cafes or have dinner in one of the great restaurants - There, you will find many fine food markets, ice-cream parlors, juice bar, a candy store...
The house has clean lines, high ceilings, hardwood floors, open floor plan with a great flow. An updated kitchen opens up to the formal dining area that is perfect for entertaining while preparing meals. The kitchen features a classic 6-burner O’Keefe & Merritt gas range and oven, Bosch and LG appliances, plenty of storage space and a deep farm sink.
The house has 4 small bedrooms + an additional den adjacent to one of the bedrooms that can be used for extra sleeping.
- BR1 sleeps 2 - The upstairs bedroom is an open space loft-like bedroom with a king size bed.
- DEN sleeps 2 - The den is adjacent to the upstairs bedroom and has two twin beds. Although the bedroom has no door from the stairs, the entrance to the den has a door. The slanted ceiling can be challenging for really tall people but kids LOVE the hiding nook.
- BR2 sleeps 2 - The main floor garden side bedroom is all windows and has a queen size bed.
- BR3 sleeps 2 - The main floor street side (small bedroom) has a single bed with a trundle that doubles it into 2 singles.
- BR4 sleeps 4 - The downstairs bedroom is also open plan with no door. It has a queen bed and a queen size futon. The 2nd bathroom is located in that floor.
The house is very open to all the rooms. It is over 100 years old and the walls are quite thin. Therefore, privacy is not that desirable if it’s what you’re looking for. Only two of the bedrooms have an actual door but still thin so you can kind of hear from other rooms. There's a glass sliding door for the main bathroom that also is thin and not soundproof.
Please do not expect COMPLETE privacy.
There is a garage but not available for parking. It is only used for storage. But you can park in the driveway as long as your are not blocking the sidewalk - Hard to believe, there is plenty of free street parking. Just watch for street cleaning days.
There is a spacious backyard with two decks. The deck next to the house has a gas barbecue grill and an outdoor dining table.
The second deck in the back of the backyard has a TINY finished cottage with a desk and a day bed. Because it is away from the house, it is quiet and great for an afternoon nap or some quiet work.
Nothing much interesting there, except that it is were the brand new washer and dryer are.
SOME OTHER FEATURES:
Bright and cheerful, multiple skylights bring in plenty of natural light
Hardwood floors on main level, carpet in the upstairs bedroom
Murano glass light fixtures and custom chandelier in dining area
Modern upgrades to bathrooms
Contemporary kitchen with name brand appliances
Kitchen Island provides a great space to entertain or for casual dining
Gourmet kitchen with 6 burner gas stove and dual ovens
Large custom buffet
Dual sinks in bathroom
Washer and dryer in the basement
Additional storage in basement/laundry room
The spiral staircase may be a bit challenging to very small kids but my kids as toddlers were fine going up & down the stairs as long as they hold on to the rail.
There's a space upstairs for young kids to play
With some toys & games. You may request other items & I'll see if I have them.
-The room you're renting is your domain. You also have access to the kitchen, main bathroom, living room and deck outside. You do not, however, have access to the other bedrooms.
-If renting the entire house, you have access to the whole house
Interaction with Guests:
We love to meet guests and sit down for coffee if they're open to it. But we also respect their privacy. We will be there to answer any questions. We are out during the day and come home late, but we can make time if requested. As we are long-time SF residents we can point you to restaurants, sites or tips on how to get around like a local...
Noe Valley is one of San Francisco's most desirable and safe neighborhood. It is filled with a mix of Edwardian and Victorian houses. It is a wonderful, lively place. We recommend hanging out at the Saturday morning farmer's market on 24th street. Locals are friendly, approachable and laid back.
Warning: We are on a very busy street with cars zooming by from up the hill. Please take extra precautions and watch yourself and if you have children, do not let them cross the street without you.
Drivers here are quite aggressive.
Noe Valley is central within San Francisco. So most sights are accessible from there - feel free to ask us how to get around. There are many alternative to traditional taxis and transportation in San Francisco (like Lyft or Uber).
- Union Square - 3.9 miles - 15 min by car - 20 minutes by public transportation.
- Moscone Convention Center 3.7 miles - 11 min by car - 20 minutes by public transportation.
- Fisherman's Wharf 5.1 miles - 16 min by car - 40 minutes by public transportation.
- Castro District - 1 mile - 4 min by car (you can walk but there is a steep hill there)
- Mission District - 1 mile - 4 min by car.
- Golden Gate Park - 2.3 mi - 6 min by car - 25 min by public transportation
- Cable car (on California and Van Ness) 3.4 miles - 11 min by car - 25 min public transportation.
- Airport (SFO) - 20 minutes by car.
- Close to the main freeway to the peninsula and Silicon Valley.
- On the route of most company buses (Apple Bus, (website hidden) Bus...) down to Silicon Valley.
- The house is conveniently located close to the Muni public transportation system.
- There's a bus stop just half a block away.
Other Things to Note
Please let us know if you are coming for a romantic getaway , a family vacation or getaway with friends or a business trip to Silicon Valley so we can suggest places to visit and things to do.
Kids are very welcome and please let us know if you need extra cots or high chairs.
The house is very open to all the rooms. It is over 100 years old and the walls are quite thin. Therefore, privacy is not that desirable if it’s what you’re looking for. Only two of the bedrooms have an actual door but still thin so you can kind of hear from other rooms.
Please do not expect COMPLETE privacy.