LEISURE LAKEHOUSE on Lake Barkley
This 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath lake house has a peaceful and private setting with 180 degree views of water. See the sun rise and set from the extensive wrap-around deck. The large 3 acre point lot gives you plenty of space to unwind to the sights and sounds of nature. The private dock is easily accessible with no steps.
LEISURE LAKEHOUSE AMENITIES:
- Private dock extends to 50 feet with bench and ladder.
- Outdoor fire pit between house and dock. Firewood available.
- Indoor fireplace operates with gas logs.
- The upstairs is on a separate heating/cooling system with its own thermostat. The upstairs level does not get too warm (as with so many other 2 story homes).
- Upstairs bathroom totally remodeled with new vanity and tile flooring.
- Kitchen remodeled with hickory cabinets, solid surface countertops, new tile floor.
- New carpet upstairs and new flooring throughout.
- 4 kayaks (seat 6 total) included with rental agreement.
- Large U-shaped driveway. Plenty of space for several vehicles.
- Built in speakers in dining/living room. Play your favorite music from your iPod or CDs.
- Large capacity washer and dryer on main level.
- TV with cable and Blu-ray player
- Fully stocked kitchen. Fridge with ice-maker and filtered water.
- Wrap-around deck is covered and includes plenty of seating options for 12 or more.
- Lake views from nearly every room.
- All linens provided. Portable fans available for all rooms or outdoor use.
In spring and summer/high pool Little River is a fisherman's dream; you can fish from the dock or shore. Springtime is particularly good bass and crappie fishing on Lake Barkley. If you are the people-watcher type, you will enjoy spotting the fishing boats float by. The more adventurous will want to explore the coves, islands, and shoreline for excitement. 4 kayaks are available for your use that hold a total of 6 people.
We are just a short distance from I-24 which makes it easy to navigate to all the fun spots. Leisure Lakehouse offers easy access to marinas, Lake Barkley State Park, Land Between the Lakes, and Kentucky Lake. Antiquing in friendly Cadiz is a fun past-time, and restaurants can be found throughout the lake area. Land Between the Lakes is a family must-see with the Elk and Bison Prairie, eagle tours at the Nature Station, the Planetarium, The Homeplace (a 19th century working farm), and numerous hiking and off-road trails.There is so much to see and do that you will want to spend time exploring the many attractions, all within a short drive. If you are in the mood for music and city fun, Nashville is only a 1.5 hour drive.
Leisure Lakehouse is located on a dead end large 4-lot point with a private circular driveway and a 2 car garage. Part of the property butts up to thickly wooded government property. It's from here that you will spot deer and wild turkeys venturing out into the open grassy meadow. There is plenty of parking for vehicles, boats, and RVs. The u-shaped drive makes for easy in and out access when pulling trailers.
The house sleeps 12 total. The master bedroom, located on the main floor, has awesome views of the lake and trees that let you enjoy the outdoors and wildlife while still lying in bed. The master bedroom also opens up to the deck for a fresh morning peek of the sunrise and the strolling waterfowl. Some mornings you will sight a few deer, a flock of turkeys, an owl, or a soaring eagle, and the egrets and herons are always at the water's edge.
Upstairs, the spacious landing joins 2 more bedrooms separated by a full bath. The smaller bedroom makes a wonderful kids' room, with 2 sets of bunk beds and 3 game chairs. The larger bedroom has 2 queen beds and a small sleeper sofa. Both bedrooms have beautiful views of the lake.
Bdr 1 -King bed, Twin daybed, Twin trundle
Bdr 2 - 2 Queen beds, Twin sleeper sofa
Bdr 3- 2 Bunk beds, twin on top, full on bottom
Leisure Lakehouse offers tranquility and relaxation in a location convenient to the many activities and attractions in western Kentucky.