We have owned our 30 acre farm for over 12 years. We are happy to share our farm for private events and family overnight rentals.
Now you can rent our modern Milkbarn and enjoy the farm with your family overnight. This Milkbarn houses up to 11 folks comfortably and even includes use of the Milkhouse for a game room / meeting room for the family. We offer additional room at the fish house which sleep 3 more.
Why is it modern? From WIFI to LED Lighting throughout, our Milkbarn has beautiful open spaces that will satisfy geeks and family alike! Even our bunk beds include USB plugins, handy for todays iphones, ipads, and other gadgets.
Love to cook? We have a gas cooktop range, large stainless fridge and a large tiled galley style kitchen made just for you. Whether it's waking up to fresh biscuits and gravy or making some farmhouse coffee to enjoy the view from our large covered porch, this kitchen has what you need.
We have a Milkhouse that serves as a kids game room for indoor activities... but the farm it'self IS A GAME ROOM! That is right. With our 2 acre lake you can fish for catfish, use the 3 man canoe, have a campfire on the sandy beach area, throw horse shoes, play corn hole, shoot the hoops with basketball, challenge someone to ping pong, catch some tadpoles, swing on swings, lay on the hammocks or docks, and enjoy the wifi everywhere.
IF YOU HAVE KIDS! Please ONLY let them see the listing if you WANT TO STAY HERE. (Otherwise they will drive you nuts to have a private farm for a few days!)
Our 2 Acre Pond - The centerpiece of our farm is our super neat freshwater 2 acre Pond.
Things to do on the water -
1. Fishing for catfish. This is a great past time. You are guaranteed to catch them! If you love to fish or are just a beginner, you will love our pond. Make yourself a meal pond side that your family will remember forever. (Fishing license is NOT required on the farm as we hold a TN fish-out license for our farm.
2. Redneck Beaching. Yes we have a large sandy beach area on the side of the pond. This spot is great for catching some rays while the kids play in the sand. Sink your toes in the sand and have a great day at the redneck beach! This is the best place to have a do-it-yourself smores location with a campfire.
3. Floating dock. We have a great 'T' shapped small floating dock. This is great to put your feet in and chill. It also is a great place to park the canoe or load / unload.
4. Canoe. We have a 3 man canoe for traveling our pond. This is a safe event for most kids as our water is no more than 3 ft deep in any section. Life vests are available. Endless trips to and fro is great day of exercise and fun.
5. Island. We have what we call the 'Rose Island'. This is a small island in the pond that has beautiful grouping of red 'knockout' roses. Great for kids to explore on.
6. Deck. We have a large deck that has steps leading down to the waters edge. This is a great spot to enjoy the shade of our cover of willow tree branches. (great for folks that don't want so much sun).
7. Swimming. Yes, it is a pond. Yes, it is as clean as ponds go. Our kids and many others really enjoy a dip in the Pond. The mud is deep and the kids AND the Catfish love it!
You can enjoy sleeping for 14 on our property with beds including a fishhouse option sleeping area for two or three next to the pond.
Milkhouse - Our milkhouse is great for family meetings or just hanging out for a game of outdoor ping pong on the large deck. Our deck has many picnic tables.
-Bathroom - Our milkhouse has a restroom that has exterior and interior access.
-Galley Kitchenette - We also have a kitchenette with sink, coffee maker (Keurig), microwave, and utensils you need.
-Conference Room - The great room has seating for up to 25 folks. This room has a hand washing sink and 24 inch Sony flat screens. These are connected to broadcast digital television, 'mirrored' to a windows 7 PC and mirrored to a Blu-Ray DVD player!
-The Office - The office is a great place for working (IF YOU MUST) it has WIFI, access to a wifi printer, 2 Windows PCs, black printer, Apple TV, 42inch Samsung TV, ChromeCaster, and round meeting table. This room also has a stereo hooked to the indoor/outdoor speakers and can be controlled by the PC or the receiver.
The milkbarn is our main housing area. This is the main sleeping area and cooking area. The milkbarn has sleeping for 11 (3 more can sleep in the fishhouse).
The Stage- This Stage has lights and electrical outlets and flower beds all around.
Swings- As a child I remember competing with other grandchildren for the swing on the front porch of my grandmothers house. Her house was located deep in Grainger County, Tennessee at the north side of the base of Clinch Mountain. It was fun to swing even on hot August days when we would visit from Michigan. Everyone seemed to have more time to listen and share stories because of that swing. It was a simple wood slat swing but always seemed to fit right. That swing is a big reason for the 'swing locations' around our property. It makes a good excuse for a group of 2 or 3 to find a destination to walk to and and talk. Being on the farm is about being relaxed. An old time wooden swing is just another reason to talk and relax. Try all the swings when you come. Enjoy all the views that each swing has to offer. Walk, swing, and enjoy.
- Cherokee Lake and Cherokee Dam are just over the hill from our farm. We can connect you to fisherman guides as well as pontoon rentals and more. There is so much to do in this area including a visit to the Gatlinburg just an hour away for great shopping or a hike.
Locally we have great golfing available from as close as 2 miles to Lost Creek golf course (google the story of lost creek) and many others in a 20 mile radius.
After a stay at our Milkhouse and farm your family will take something home that you can't put a price on.... Memories.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing your family at the Milkbarn on CedarPondFarm.com