Rus in urbe
- english, french
About Félix Gadaud
Félix Gadaud: I was born in 1954 in Loches. I am retired now bet I provide lessons in several sclools and universities. My wife, Diane is professor.
Félix Gadaud purchased this House in 1962
Why Félix Gadaud chose Loches
La Fuye (the Pigeon House in local French) belonged to my parents; I lived here from 1962 to 1975. We take the most of it on week ends and short holidays but we prefer to rent it in summer in order to help us to maintain it as it deserves.
What makes this House unique
First of all, please red the commentaries and advices written by our gests. They are explicit. As for us we love to stay at La Fuye il all seasons and enjoy its amazing environment.
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 pm
Check-out: 10:00 am
Pas de chiens dans la piscine ni dans les chambres
Max guests:10 (sleeps up to 8 adults)
L'utilisation de la piscine est soumises à quelques règles de prudence, de sécurité et de savoir-vivre : - Ne permettre la baignade qu’aux personnes
D'une manière générale, restituer les lieux et notamment la cuisine, la plancha dans l'état de propreté initiale
Consigne relative aux draps et au ménage.A A votre départ, veuillez défaire les lits et placer les draps à laver dans l'entrée, ainsi que les serviett
100% refund if cancelled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date.
We had a wonderful two week holiday in this property.
Fantastic location with wonderful views of Loches, especially from the roof terrace.
Everyone loved the pool and gardens.
Lots of places to visit both for adults and children.
Would highly recommend.
Living the Great Life in Loches
We are a 3-generation extended family with a few "French Connections." This beautiful house and property was the perfect place for our reunion with family and friends. We found ample, well-distributed and decorated spaces and a vast exquisite landscape and pool. The home and property are a reflection of French life at its best: a personal home that is still very loved by an intelligent, cultured and talented family. We felt privileged to be able to commune there, with gorgeous views greeting us from every window, and the delightful ancient village of Loches just a short walk from the house. The location proved to be superb for the visitors who seek a special experience--- providing access
Wonderful property and location! Owner extremely friendly and helpful.
Would definitely recommend!!
A very memorable, beautiful and convenient home
M and Mm Gadaud were very welcoming and easy to deal with. Their home is a real treasure! We were a family group of eight and the lovely individual spaces that were available at this property were invaluable. The photographs do not do it justice. The pool is a delight, as are the trees and gardens. The proximity to the town on foot was very convenient. This place is perfect and very highly recommended.
Magnificent house-generous hosts-spectacular views
This property has a great number of excellent selling points that make it the best weekly rental I have ever undertaken. Here are a few of the salient features:
1) The property is set in 6 acres of private land on the top of a hill, with incredible views over the town of Loches.
2) Although the property feels private and remote when you are in it, it is less than 10 minutes walk to the very centre of Loches. A delightful bakery is 5 minutes walk away, and a huge supermarket is 5 minutes drive away on the outskirts of town. You could easily stay in this property without a car – the train station is also 10 walk as is the supermarket in town. You could live on plums from the trees about the house.
3) Loches is a wonderful town with great little restaurants and a lovely bi-weekly market. There were firework displays and festivals the week we were there. It is within 30-60 minutes’ drive of many of the highlights of the Loire Valley (e.g., we visited Chenonceau, Chaumontn, Villandry and vineyards with a 4-month old baby in the car)
4) There is a well-kept, state-of-the-art 15 meter swimming pool (with an automatic robot cleaner, cover to keep the warmth at night, lights) and pool house, with lots of deck chairs and mats.
5) There is a table-tennis table, darts, a grand piano, bikes you are free to borrow, numerous board games, a top-of-the-range outside grill and a kitchen with every piece of cooking equipment you could think of.
6) The house is majestic. The bedrooms comprise of two enormous double-rooms (one with a wrap-around private first floor terrace with the best views), one large double-room, two good-size twin rooms and a delightful turret room that would be magical to stay in as a child. All rooms have their own sinks. There are two large bathrooms with excellent showers, and one of the bathrooms has a huge tub.
7) There are multiple areas in the house to relax, so that two families can stay together and still have their own space if they want to. There is a dining table, an sitting areas by the fire, a sitting area inside by the conservatory windows, and two outdoor tables. All of these can easily seat 8-10 people.
8) Félix is a delightful host – he and his wife took an hour to introduce us to the house, and were easily reachable during our stay to answer questions. Check-out and deposit return was very efficient.
The photographs really do not do this house justice – they cannot convey the delightful atmosphere about the place!
"What a find! A really be...
"What a find! A really beautiful house, set in acres of parkland, with a stunning view of Loches, a beautiful medievel town, (nightime view from the balcony not to be missed). Enormous open plan sitting/dining/living room to get lost in, ideal for mixed groups (as we were -4 couples) and families alike. Two very pretty outdoor eating areas. Very well appointed for a walk into the village, with it's twice weekly markets. The swimming pool is large enough for pounding the lanes, or just splashing around (lots of inflatibles to play with). Fantastic area for cycling through the forests, or exploring the Loire chateaux. Very approachable owner, who was always contactable both before and during our stay. We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday at La Fuye and would certainly consider returning."
Arriving from Paris, Leave A10 at Château-Renault. Then follow the direction of Amboise (10 km), then Bléré (10 km) and Loches (15 km). Do not cross Amboise and Bléré. By-pass them.
Colourful and lively market on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Cultural season in July and August: Theatre, Opera (one per season), Concerts, Shows for children.
Fine restaurants (e.g. Dallais in Le Petit Pressigny).