Another amazing CASA de COSTA RICA property! Also contact us for our free LA FORTUNA VACATION PLANNER!
This 'best of the best' rental is located on the second floor. NOTE: This can make pricing a bit complicated, please contact us for a quote.
The Riverbank is situated on what is absolutely one of the best locations in all of La Fortuna. It is less than 50 feet from the River and the beautiful back yard garden is full of gorgeous flowers, perfume trees, iguanas, hummingbirds and the occasional sloth in the trees as well as countless songbirds and even the legendary toucans... all accompanied by the peaceful sound of the little river laughing over it's bed of small rocks. And yet it is only 100 feet from the liquor store, 200 from grocery stores and the park in the center of town!
Here are other key points which make The Riverbank unique:
• Designed and equipped using our years of experience providing rentals to tens of thousands of intelligent and selective vacationers, people just like you!
• Large and spacious, cathedral ceilings, large bedrooms with new, posteurpedic, pillow-top mattresses.
• Queen-sized bed and Full-sized bed with unique custom designed single bunk
• Huge windows, amazing volcano views. (All the pictures in the listing were taken personally by me with nothing more than a cheap hand held camera.)
• Powerful air conditioners with remote controls and timers, fans too.
• High speed, secure, wireless internet access plus Cable TV including English channels.
• LITERALLY a one minute walk to all of the amenities that you could want including several supermarkets, the liquor store, two churches, the central square/park, countless souvenir shops and an impressively wide array of restaurants, bars and nightclubs.
• Lovely balcony, see pictures for examples of the views. Guests have spent hours there every day, staring at the impressive bulk of the volcano and watching the birds and the people go by.
• Custom cabinetry and Italian tile.
• Fully equipped kitchens for those who want to cook.
• Ready access to the Friday Farmer's Market and other fruit/vegetable stands for fresh farm produce.
• Tranquil setting with lovely yard and garden full of tropical flowers, hummingbirds, toucans, iguanas, flowering vines and trees.
• Ideally located for pickups by tour/activity companies. We can book all of your tours at a discount including; horseback riding, zip lining, canyoning, hot springs, ATV’s, caving, butterfly gardens, hanging bridges, kayaking/cruising/fishing on Lake Arenal, the area’s innumerable hikes and even early morning hot air ballooning over Arenal.
Our first priority in designing The Riverbank was to make you comfortable and give you great value at a great price; you get a LOT more here than you would at a hotel room and for a lower price. Your comfort and the value of your experience come first!
Our second priority was to do all of this in accordance with sustainable tourism principles that give back to the community. For instance:
• Giving back to the local community. 10% of every rental fee collected is donated to the Hogarcito, the local child rescue centre. Opportunities to visit the Hogarcito and play with the kids are easily arranged and very enjoyable. We can also provide you with assistance should you wish to make your own donations.
• Dedicated to reducing impact on environment via recycling, reusing products, and reducing consumption in ways such as purchasing more expensive air conditioners which run on less electricity and have timers so that one doesn't need to run them all day in order to return to a cool place etc.
• Supporting local economy by hiring local artists, carpenters, furniture makers and other artisans.
• Building to last using local materials; there are no cheap, throwaway goods or furniture at The Riverbank! Instead you will find furniture designed by us and built from local woods by local artisenal craftsmen.
• Unique, original paintings crafted by local artists commissioned by us for your enjoyment.
• Participating in efforts to preserve local culture by supporting and promoting the local Indian culture. Contact us for details.
• Investing ourselves into the project. For instance our two-month project of building hand-made furniture using rare, reclaimed Black Laurel.
Staying at The Riverbank is the smart decision for comfortable, convenient and conscientious travel! Come have the best vacation of your life at a great price in complete comfort, knowing that just by being here you are supporting excellent, worthwhile efforts in sustainable tourism too! Welcome to your home away from home.