Welcome to Hobo Haven! Hobo Haven, our family-built home named after our beloved dog Hobo, is a charming log cabin located on two acres on Lake Gaston in Bracey, Virginia. Our three story, three bedroom, three bath home is a classic log cabin, featuring plank hard wood floors, wood beam ceilings, and, of course, beautiful hand-hewn log walls.
Our home boasts three covered and one uncovered decks, all with beautiful views of the lake. It also features a large screened-in porch, perfect for eating lunch on a warm summer day. These covered outside spaces allow you to enjoy the outdoors even in the case of bad weather. The fully equipped, open concept kitchen is ideal for preparing any meal, and features a dining room table with seating for ten, perfect for a lovely family dinner. Even on a cool autumn or winter day, cozy up next to one of two beautiful stone fireplaces, one located in the kitchen, the other in the second story family room area. Despite being a rustic log cabin, Hobo Haven still has standard modern luxuries we’ve come to expect, including three 32-inch and two 50-inch flat screen TVs, cable, telephone, air conditioning, and heat.
* Bedroom One- Master (Second Floor)—1 Queen bed, with access to outside covered deck and bathroom.
* Bedroom Two—(Third Floor Loft)—1 Queen bed, one twin bed
* Bedroom Three—(Third Floor)—1 Queen bed and 1 toddler bed with direct access to bathroom
* One queen pull out on second floor living space
* One high quality, queen, blowup mattress is included. There is plenty of floor space available, if you’d like to bring additional air mattresses.
* Convertible couch on bottom level that can be used as additional sleeping space for 2 adults
* Full couch on second floor living space
Public boat launch is minutes away, both driving and by water, at the Holly Grove Marina. With one boat and two Jet Ski lifts there is more than enough room for your boats to be secured and protected from the elements. A huge sun deck above the lifts provides amazing, panoramic water views and great sunning opportunities. Water depth off the dock is about 14 feet, plenty deep for diving, swimming, floating and fishing. Water depth at the steps going into the water is between 3-4 feet deep, making it easy for children and pets to get in and out of the water. Please keep in mind, this rental does not include a boat. Boat rentals are available on the lake.
Nearby attractions and conveniences:
• 2 minutes away from Holly Grove Marina (food, drink, bait/tackle, boat launch, gas, air, etc.)
• 20 minutes away from Food Lion, ABC store, Wal-Mart and several fast food and more upscale dining options—all located in South Hill, Virginia
• 7 minutes away from Rosemont of Virginia Winery
• 5 minutes away from Tanglewood Shores Golf and Country Club
• 11 minutes away from River Ridge Golf course
• 20 minutes away from Pino’s Pizza, Food Lion, ACE Hardware, etc. all in Littleton, NC
• 5 miles from Interstate 85 providing easy access to nearby cities and towns
• Close access to the Tobacco Heritage Trail and Liberty Hill Hiking Trail
We prefer rentals to be from Friday-Friday.
*Additional holiday booking fees may apply.
Getting married, or know someone who is? Please ask us for more information about hosting a wedding at our home. We've had five weddings and one engagement take place on our property, and we love the idea of sharing our home for these special life moments. We'd also be happy to refer you to a rental company for all your wedding needs. Pictures are available upon request.